Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby v Forest

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Going to Barnsley for the first time in a few weeks. Quite
excited about the way the league might have shaped up by then.

The excitement will be dampened when you actual get to Barnsley.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Derby v Forest game is a win win for Brighton whatever the result, hopefully with plenty of bookings and a couple of reds!

Palace last season looked out of our reach at this point being 9pts above us, but that saw a 12pt swing by the final table.

No. No it isn't. In order of preference, with relative preference also indicated:

Derby win
|
Draw
|
|
|
|
~~
|
|
|
|
Forest win

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is far from just a battle for 6th with Forest.

Indeed. But 6th gets us in the play-offs. 5th, 4th and 3rd do too, with very little advantage to finishing 3rd to 5th. And Forest (along with Reading) look like the best targets for us to overtake at the moment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed. But 6th gets us in the play-offs. 5th, 4th and 3rd do too, with very little advantage to finishing 3rd to 5th. And Forest (along with Reading) look like the best targets for us to overtake at the moment.

There's no advantage in being in the top 6 after 36 games either. I'd rather Forest lost, but I would still see Forest winning as a good result for us regardless, as win our games and we'll be to within a point of Derby when both they and QPR looked out of sight 3 weeks ago.

It's Forest and Reading right now, 2 weeks time it could be very different.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's no advantage in being in the top 6 after 36 games either. I'd rather Forest lost, but I would still see Forest winning as a good result for us regardless, as win our games and we'll be to within a point of Derby when both they and QPR looked out of sight 3 weeks ago.

It's Forest and Reading right now, 2 weeks time it could be very different.

Well, I can't agree. I'll be cheering on Derby, and really hope they win. A MUCH better result for us IMHO.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
QPR in the play-offs would worry me more than Wigan, for two reasons.

1) Their obscenely paid twats would have to put some effort it, and probably would do just for those games
2) Charlie Austin is expected back in time for the play-offs. QPR are a different side when Austin plays, as he is the only one who can put the ball in the net.

But we've take shared the points with Wigan and Reading, and took 4 off QPR so we can beat either.

Agree with this. QPR have endured a poor run, but they're not a poor team. If they make it to the final, the big time charlies will sense a return to the Premier League - and probably a few more bonuses to swell their bloated pay packets. I fear QPR more than anyone. Austin is also a match-winner, no doubt.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
A Forest win tomorrow WILL NOT benefit the Albion. Forest are wobbling, they were eyeing an automatic spot in January and now they are clinging on to a play-off place. Fans are turning on the poisoned dwarf. Derby have also gone off the boil in recent weeks but there's more stability at the club - and they've got more points. They will get a play-off place. The fewer clubs we have competing for play-off places, the better. As it stands, I can see Derby, Wigan, QPR and of course the Albion making it. We don't want any resurgence from Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich OR FOREST!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A Forest win tomorrow WILL NOT benefit the Albion. Forest are wobbling, they were eyeing an automatic spot in January and now they are clinging on to a play-off place. Fans are turning on the poisoned dwarf. Derby have also gone off the boil in recent weeks but there's more stability at the club - and they've got more points. They will get a play-off place. The fewer clubs we have competing for play-off places, the better. As it stands, I can see Derby, Wigan, QPR and of course the Albion making it. We don't want any resurgence from Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich OR FOREST!

But given how inept we all feel Billy is, wouldn't it be better to prolong the agony, rather then forcing their hand to sack him whilst there's still time to bring in someone who might get them playing well?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But given how inept we all feel Billy is, wouldn't it be better to prolong the agony, rather then forcing their hand to sack him whilst there's still time to bring in someone who might get them playing well?

This. Worst thing Palace did was sack Holloway so early. They might well stay up now.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This. Worst thing Palace did was sack Holloway so early. They might well stay up now.

Exactly, we want Billy to bumble on, blaming everyone at every faltering step, until failing at the final step, and THEN getting the sack.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, we want Billy to bumble on, blaming everyone at every faltering step, until failing at the final step, and THEN getting the sack.

That'd be nice.

Forest away for the last game should be a cracking trip, whether there's anything riding on it or not. Of all the places to play your last (standard) league game, Nottingham is a corker. As Her Majesty will tell you :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

No chance of him being sacked yet IMHO.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
That'd be nice.

Forest away for the last game should be a cracking trip, whether there's anything riding on it or not. Of all the places to play your last (standard) league game, Nottingham is a corker. As Her Majesty will tell you :)

Indeed it is. I remember the 1-1 draw with Notts County when Barnes scored last day. It was my birthday, the weather was good and Hooters was interesting.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Indeed it is. I remember the 1-1 draw with Notts County when Barnes scored last day. It was my birthday, the weather was good and Hooters was interesting.

Indeed.

Attachments

• Dalek_HMQ.jpg
    Dalek_HMQ.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 103

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here