Referee, fair or cr@p

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK, so reading posts from Oldham fans, they feel that the referee was bias to their team. read comments like "wasn't penalty, on decisions our way, etc, etc".

Was it just me, or does anyone else think the referee was crap anyway? We should have had a lot of disions in the first half that didn't go our way. He was equally bad for both teams. We were the better team (although am still worried about our chances), and deserved the win!

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Every game we play this season the ref will be at fault for something but yesterday he was a joke.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He was a poor ref.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The ref was awful. Couldn't see a foul for toffee.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Fine. The two other goals still stand and you can claim that you would have won anyway, but please don't insult our intelligence by saying that he was equally bad to both sides, because he blatantly wasn't.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Equally poor to both sides (ducks as Reeves now joins this thread to state his case yet again)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Reeves_for_England said:
Fine. The two other goals still stand and you can claim that you would have won anyway, but please don't insult our intelligence by saying that he was equally bad to both sides, because he blatantly wasn't.
Christ you are like an old granny as you are starting yet another thread full of your shite.:shootself :angry: :angry: :angry: :drink:

Reeves_for_England said:

I am not insulting your intelligence, but in my mind, we should have had a lot of free kicks. I know I'm going to upset you by saying this (so apologies in advance)....but your team's idea of football was to hack our players down in the hope of getting the ball. Not tackling, more like flying kicks!:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
you are like an old granny

Excuse me !! :angry:

What exactly do Grannies sound like then Berks :lol: :lol:

Reeves, take a valium for :censored: sake.

Yes, the officials were poor. We KNOW they were poor. We get it. Alright he reserved his biggest gaffe (in your opinion) for you lot with the penalty, but he also made, and failed to make, a few decisions regarding us. Cullip was booked for nothing, there was no booking for the blokle who hacked down Jonah in the first half and Knight was constantly being climbed all over by your number 5 with no whistle.

It's like this: He made decisions that you didn't like. He made decisions that we didn't like. We won the match 3-1. END OF.

Look, you and Rocky have been a credit to your club so far and welcome on NSC. Don't ruin that by being complete arseholes about yesterday.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
'I know I'm going to upset you by saying this (so apologies in advance)....but your team's idea of football was to hack our players down in the hope of getting the ball. Not tackling, more like flying kicks!'

Bolloques totale. I can think of one bad foul by an Oldham player in the entire game. A free kick was given for it.

We got Jacques Sheet off the ref throughout the entire match.

Just to rub it in even more, when we were 3-1 down in the final minute of injury time, the lineman gave a foul throw against us. You couldn't make it up.

Just to re-iterate, the ref would have been even to both sides if he had:

Given us 2 corners when we kicked the ball out of play.
Given us a dodgy penalty from one of the said corners.
Not booked or even spoken to our goalkeeper if he had hacked someone down outside the area.
Spotted fouls on our players when there were no fouls.
Ignored blatant fouls by us.

Safeway, I agree that Paul Murray should have been booked when he hacked down one of your lads in the first half, but having decided not to book Ben Roberts, he really had no choice about whether to book Murray or not. You may also have a point about a couple of fouls that Kangana did on Knight which went unpunished. BUT NONE OF THESE DECISIONS HAD A BEARING ON THE RESULT. The penalty award changed the match and so I don't think that it can be said that he was equally bad to both sides.

Last edited:

Hi Reeves - I am sensing you are feeling a bit sorry for yourself. I thought that the ref was terrible for both sides, you thought it was just Oldham. Afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. Were you one of the fans who happened to be to the right of the away stand?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Reeves_for_England said:
'I know I'm going to upset you by saying this (so apologies in advance)....but your team's idea of football was to hack our players down in the hope of getting the ball. Not tackling, more like flying kicks!'

It won us the match didn't it? :lolol:

By the way never in a month of Sundays was it a penalty! Seen it on SSN!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As someone who lives in Greater Manchester and has a lot of mates who support local clubs, can I say the Reevesy is more Bitter than my chums from the Kippax, and that is an achievement and a half.

Good luck in your next game, you may get a lucky penalty, but if so I suspect you won't post 55 times about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports