Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This.

If you buy and read the red tops, on the whole you know that you are buying a comic. Those that buy The Holy Grail or the Express on the whole do not realise that they are also buying a comic. Frightening.

And what happens god forbid if you read the Gaurdian or Independent? not that i do,just interested.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Yes they are.

My point was that they're unlikely to get the outcome that they want.

There are far more daily mail readers than there are people in this pressure group.

I assume the outcome they want is for more people to realise how their views are shaped by the media they digest, and how the DM is on the extreme on the mainstream rags, however i'm not a mind reader...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And what happens god forbid if you read the Gaurdian or Independent? not that i do,just interested.

You've got a lot of Oxbridge educated, highly intelligent journalists who pedal the filth you read in The Daily Mail, a lot of them probably more qualified than those who work on broadsheets such as The Guardian. How these wankers sleep at night....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
" LEFTY PRESSURE GROUP FORCES LEGO TO CLOSE DOWN A BRITISH INSTITUTION" would make a good hysterical Daily Mail headline though.

thats fine but the headline in the real world is
fascist nazi ***** try to stop free press with slut shame anti advertising campaign because they dont like an opinion that is different to theirs

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
fascist nazi ***** try to stop free press with slut shame anti advertising campaign because they dont like an opinion that is different to theirs

Nah that is too long for a headline.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You've got a lot of Oxbridge educated, highly intelligent journalists who pedal the filth you read in The Daily Mail, a lot of them probably more qualified than those who work on broadsheets such as The Guardian. How these wankers sleep at night....

Thankfully i don't buy any news paper,however i do find myself reading Gaurdian and Independent articles on line more than any other paper,oddly in the main i don't agree with them,that's among the other sauces,mainly on line.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When did left wing and liberal become the same thing? It's really starting to get on my tits.

probably when they all joined together in one big circle and wanked each senseless whilst simultaneously blaming The Daily Mail for all their political failings

Last edited:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

Not sure anyone here is trying to stop the free press, not that technically we have that anyhow.

Isn't it just some citizens voicing their opinion, and possibly a company responding to it? Seems like the right way to do it, in our capitalist democratic society.
If there's anyone to be annoyed at here, surely it would be lego? Unless of course it's you that doesn't like opinions different than yours?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
probably when you all joined together in one big circle and wanked each senseless whilst simultaneously blaming The Daily Mail for all your political failings

I would give this a thumbs up for hilarity were it not in reply to [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]
replace the word "You" with "They" and it works..

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

IF lego did pull out because of the rag tag protestors, then this is really poor and cowardly. Given the millions who read red tops, and the fact that the leftie luvvies will be the usual very small unrepresentative group, all it takes is for a firm to have the moral courage to say in public that they do not bow to these people, and will continue to advertise where and how they wish -I could see their sales rocket!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I assume the outcome they want is for more people to realise how their views are shaped by the media they digest, and how the DM is on the extreme on the mainstream rags, however i'm not a mind reader...

I just thought by going after their funding source, they were trying to either change the paper's political stance or put them out of business.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I just thought by going after their funding source, they were trying to either change the paper's political stance or put them out of business.

Yes, the common sense interpretation, and in welcome contrast to those who try to explain it all away by glibly stating that it is only citizens expressing their opinion.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure anyone here is trying to stop the free press, not that technically we have that anyhow.

Isn't it just some citizens voicing their opinion, and possibly a company responding to it? Seems like the right way to do it, in our capitalist democratic society.
If there's anyone to be annoyed at here, surely it would be lego? Unless of course it's you that doesn't like opinions different than yours?

is trying to bankrupt a revenue stream and silence debate simply voicing an opinion?
if you dont like the opinion of these papers the right thing to do is build a counter argument, if they say something that breaks editorial code then the right thing to do is report them to the relevant body.
im fine with different opinions,it feeds my urge to be an annoying twit with my own opinions on NSC

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When did left wing and liberal become the same thing? It's really starting to get on my tits.

That's a really interesting question that probably deserves its own thread. The term is used interchangeably because people of a progressive view are confused so it's no surprise that those on the right can't understand. I would say the reason is that there are very few actual left wingers anymore. The Left used to fight globalization and it advocated on behalf of the industrial working class and the disadvantaged. Now, people who call themselves left wing have embraced middle class, liberal causes and if they reference working people at all it is to insult their intelligence. I actually can't remember the last left wing post I have read on NSC. Just a constant battle between right wingers and Liberals, the latter of whom think they are left wing.
The consequence of this is that working class people and the disadvantaged do not have a party to support and so
gravitate to right wing parties such as UKIP who at least talk about their concerns. I think that is desparately sad but inevitable as the liberals want globalization for ideological reasons and the corporations like the profits it brings. This unholy alliance is driving inequality and will continue to do so all the while the politics of middle class, liberal, student activism is the only
offering on what used to be the Left of British politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here