Loving today's humour :lolol:

aussietoss.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Joe Root 52* (67 balls, 10 fours) :clap:

A beautiful cover drive for FOUR from Starc... He really is the man for England :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
50 partnership for Root and Bairstow, 53 balls :clap2:

50 runs, 8.5 overs, RR: 5.66 (Bairstow 20, Root 26)

England 146-3 (36.3 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 150-3 (36.4 overs), Root 62*, Bairstow 20*, leading by 90 :clap2:

That FOUR takes Joe Root past Australia's total :laugh:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is KP still tweeting from the beach he's on?

Tell him it's fine, we don't need him

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Moving a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary. Shocking batting - shocking lack of application.

Plus great bowling and incredible fielding - ALL 8 of Broad's wickets were caught in the slips.

Amazing stuff.

The one Stokes took was utterly ridiculous. That's uncatchable 99.999% of the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Last edited by a moderator:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Clarke only has 3 slips... and that one FLIES THROUGH FOURTH SLIP from Bairstow :clap2:

It is not his day, is it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been in Brighton all day so have just checked the scores out but during the day on the bus was reflecting how times have changed. In my young days when I was glued to the tv waching the test matches England being 2 -1 up in an Ashes series with 2 to go would have tried to bat out the first 2 days to ensure we dont lose rather than push to win the next. match. As it is now, in the days of May Graveny Bailey etc we would still have gone for 2 days batting to ensure no defeat and a win would have been a bonus.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is Adam Lyth the lovechild of Ian Holloway ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have been in Brighton all day so have just checked the scores out but during the day on the bus was reflecting how times have changed. In my young days when I was glued to the tv waching the test matches England being 2 -1 up in an Ashes series with 2 to go would have tried to bat out the first 2 days to ensure we dont lose rather than push to win the next. match. As it is now, in the days of May Graveny Bailey etc we would still have gone for 2 days batting to ensure no defeat and a win would have been a bonus.

The Oval pitch will suit Australia much better, and England need to WIN the series to regain the Ashes, so they had no desire to be heading into the fifth Test at 2-1. they were always going to go all out for the win here.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Oval pitch will suit Australia much better, and England need to WIN the series to regain the Ashes, so they had no desire to be heading into the fifth Test at 2-1. they were always going to go all out for the win here.

If England do win this test, the Oval will be a feather bed on the Surrey Chief Executive's orders, to ensure 5 days worth of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not really sure how you play for a draw when you've bowled the opposition out for 60 before lunch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here