Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I seem to have migrated from cider to craft.

Long Blonde from Long Man has been my beer of choice in The Cyclist session ahead of each of the last two mid-week games, I was on Brighton Bier pale ale in The Set and when we had friends round on Saturday night I went for nearly the whole range of Firebird beers along with a couple of Goodwood organic lagers.

Possibly related, although I'd not considered it until writing this post, I've not shaved for a while and have the makings of a beard.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Long Blonde from Long Man has been my beer of choice in The Cyclist session ahead of each of the past two mid-week games, I was on Brighton Bier pale ale in The Set and when we had friends round on Saturday night I went for nearly the whole range of Firebird beers along with a couple of Goodwood organic lager.

Possibly related, although I'd not considered it until writing this post, I've not shaved for a while and have the makings of a beard.

Try the Long Man APA when you see it rather delightful, then you might like to try the Sony Experia Z5 Compact with unbreakable screen. :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Long Blonde from Long Man has been my beer of choice in The Cyclist session ahead of each of the last two mid-week games, I was on Brighton Bier pale ale in The Set and when we had friends round on Saturday night I went for nearly the whole range of Firebird beers along with a couple of Goodwood organic lagers.

Hmmmm. Is it a hipster or real ale beard you're growing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But welcome to the world of craft.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds fantastic. Oddly, the Shnoodlepip was available at the Dripping Pan at last year's REMF; not quite to my taste but very interesting and innovative.

That's random. Similarly I first had the Dourdough on draft in Worthing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stone RuinTen Triple IPA

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 162

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Had the Brewdog Elvis juice for the first time this afternoon, hit the spot nicely.

Brought back home a Bison APA & IPA, a Island Record session IPA and a bottle of Burning Sky Easy Answers.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just tried a bottle of Sam Adams new "Porch Rocker". Not too shabby at all. Slightly too sweet for me but very quaffable and a good summer session beer. Will go down nicely at the July 4 barbies

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Just tried a bottle of Sam Adams new "Porch Rocker". Not too shabby at all. Slightly too sweet for me but very quaffable and a good summer session beer. Will go down nicely at the July 4 barbies

Had one this afternoon. Is it a beer or a shandy? 4.5%...

Nice though, a little on the sweet side.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pretty much went through the Brewdog card at home for the game yesterday.
Vagabond - Hop Fiction - punk IPA - and then of course the Elvis juice.
I feel a little delicate I admit but must get out of bed soon.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I want to set up a home bar - somewhere I can pull those pints etc. There are plenty of home bars you can order on the Internet made of various materials and styles (traditional, cocktail etc). Ideally, I'd like to see and feel what I'm buying for quality, robustness etc before purchase and just wanted to check if anyone knows any place that sells them? I'm not a DIYer, by the way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mikkeller George Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial stout. 12%

This is an old favourite of mine, it's as good as it gets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Pretty much went through the Brewdog card at home for the game yesterday.
Vagabond - Hop Fiction - punk IPA - and then of course the Elvis juice.
I feel a little delicate I admit but must get out of bed soon.

Had a bottle of Hop Fiction for the first time last night and absolutely loved it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mikkeller George Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial stout. 12%

This is an old favourite of mine, it's as good as it gets.

Just got back from Florence and returned to the Archea bar and microbrewery and they had Mikkellers Jackie Brown on as a guest beer. Have to admit I wasn't over fussed with it. It wasn't the hoppiness or the slight sourness, it's just with Brown ales I still expect a bit of sweetness to open with.
Very cheap at 5 euros for a 50cl on tap though.
Their own Dopplebock was stunning and even two of them at 7.8 didn't get too heavy.

It's a great bar is Archea.......and far from the madding crowd.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
MicroPubs
Just returned from a trip to Burton (again), the home of brewing. In thing there right now is the micropub. Three have opened in the last few months alone. They are just small shops with a beer, cider & wine license (no spirits). One doesn't even have a bar and another just a small counter. The ale is straight from the barrel which are racked in a separate glass fronted room with air con to keep cool. Most of these pubs (!) have only 3 or 4 ales and a couple of ciders but the ale is changing constantly with an 'on now, racked and coming soon' board.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Aldi are doing a selection of 18 craft ales at the moment £1.25 a bottle. Just been and replenished my stocks.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Right, I need your help NSC beer monsters.

I want to take a couple of dozen cans of decent beer to Glasto, in the 4-5% range. Some need to be blonde beer as that's what my missus goes for. I need to be able to pick them up in the Brighton/Lewes area tomorrow.

What and where would you recommend?

Cheers!

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here