Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tammy Abraham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has it? I certainly don’t recall any examples at all (not saying it’s not the case).

Ben arfa to Nice is one example

The Ben Arfa case was different, as it was FIFA who decided that U-21 matches counted as "official" matches, which the FA do not - Hatem Ben Arfa angry at Nice move hold-up by Fifa

.....The delay centred around article 5.3 of Fifa's regulations on the status and transfer of players, which states: "Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.

"During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs."

A statement on Nice's website confirmed the club had received a copy of correspondence sent by Fifa to the French Football Federation.

It said that contrary to the position of the Football Association in England, Fifa had classed the U21 match for Newcastle United as "official".

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He would be an excellent permanent signing. Young, quick, strong, English, scores goals. He'll end up a decent premier league player.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kane was quite mixed success wise in the lower leagues. These kind of players need to be hung onto (or signed permanently) but need to be playing as much as possible out on loan.

For the borrowing club, it's fine in the lower leagues on low wages if he makes a difference, but at our level I don't see what he'd bring or why we'd be the chosen destination (talking loan).

It's very similar to the Solanke situation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think we ahould be looking at any more loan players. Permanent signings only from here on in, we have good cover in all positions, except maybe Gross and Bissouma could slot in there I think. Not sure CH has confidence in his defensive work just yet though.

It’s a no from me.

SAC

May 21, 2014
He should stay at Villa. If he keeps scoring goals and Villa are promoted I think he will do much better than transferring to a struggling PL side or Wolves. If Villa are not promoted then someone will come in for him in the summer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No time for this guy.

Strung out us , Swansea and Newcastle that summer waiting for better footballing offers . Then chose f kin Swansea City ....... nothing to do with the 1m bonus they agreed to pay him.

Just don't think he is a good fit for us.

Plus as mentioned, can see him being a bit Dwight Gayle where too good for 1 division but not quite good enough for the next.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would he pass the no dickheads test?

Also can't see him being happy to be 3rd choice behind Murray and Andone and struggling to make the bench.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
clive-owens-resentful-personal-assistant.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like he could be available I’d guess 30 mil would get him

Not convinced about him, somehow. Remember seeing him owned by the Brighton defence at Ashton Gate (Sidwell's goal match). Yes, I'm sure he's learned and progressed since then, but still not for me, Clive.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Not convinced about him, somehow. Remember seeing him owned by the Brighton defence at Ashton Gate (Sidwell's goal match). Yes, I'm sure he's learned and progressed since then, but still not for me, Clive.

I dunno he’s got everything you’d want strong quick can finish good vision and knows the division if we could get him I’d rather him than Nunez, edouard et al

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He would be a fantastic signing for a #TeamLikeBrighton. I can't see it but it would be extremely exciting if he did. We'd be genuine top 10 contenders in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here