Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckhams kids in argie shirts

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He's not an England captain - he is an EX-England captain.

He is now a father and business man so why should anyone have the right to criticise him for anything he does in relation to his kids!

Ok , ex england captain to satisfy your pedantic first statement , as for the second ? I find it ridiculous, its where you apply the criteria for criticism which is the case in point

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Ok , ex england captain to satisfy your pedantic first statement , as for the second ? I find it ridiculous, its where you apply the criteria for criticism which is the case in point

Well the first criteria could be that what his childen wear is nobody's business but their's and their family

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's not an England captain - he is an EX-England captain.

He is now a father and business man so why should anyone have the right to criticise him for anything he does in relation to his kids!

As posted before, MILLIONS of people saw his boys wearing the shirts at the World Cup Final, I think some people have every right to criticise him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well the first criteria could be that what his childen wear is nobody's business but their's and their family

If the boys were wearing the shirts in the family home out of the public eye it is nobody's business.
But as you know this wasn't the case here.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If the boys were wearing the shirts in the family home out of the public eye it is nobody's business.
But as you know this wasn't the case here.

Irrelevant. On your criteria you have the right to publicly criticise anything anyone wears in public - I bet you wouldn't try it in person to 'Joe Average' on the streets of Brighton but behind a keyboard it's fine!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So you'd have no problem in them wearing pro EDL shirts then ?

That would be making a political statement. I don't regard wearing an Argentine football shirt a political statement, you do

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Maybe Beckham had forgotten about this or couldn't care less.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I guess it depends whether you think we should have rolled over and let them take The Falklands.

The military junta was in the last throes of being in power anyway. The Dirty War waged by the people against the dictatorship that took thousands and thousands of lives of anyone that spoke against the regime, 'the disappeared', had the popularity of Galtieri and the regime at a low. This was the last roll of the dice of a mad and cruel dictator and the beginning of the end of his regime.

History shows us that prior to '82, the UK was in the process of drawing up papers for a partial staged handing back of the Falklands starting with a lease back plan anyway. Of course Galtieri, on the precipice of defeat and being overthrown used the fact he'd done favours for the CIA as an assumption the US wouldn't get involved, and a UK PM with their own popularity problems wasn't about to launch a response from thousands of miles away.

Should we have allowed diplomatic and international pressure to resolve the situation? Possibly with Galtieri's own demise on the cards anyway. As it was we fought against a desperate dictator that neither his people nor troops had the stomach for. It was a tragic loss of life for both sides, with 2 leaders keen to show strength through their military.

We didn't really fight Argentina over the Falklands, we fought a cruel inhumane dictatorship and an oppressive regime. If anything we served to hasten it's demise and the reintroduction of democracy - a democracy that doesn't preclude them from still feeling the islands are theirs, rightly or wrongly. Had it not been for Galtieri, there is little doubt the Falklands would now be Argentinian through a sensible diplomatic approach.

So, where does this all leave Beckhams kids - Political pawns, disrespectful juveniles, or just getting into the global spirit of a world cup?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
My son announced that he wanted to support Man Utd. I reduced him to tears and told him he could but I'd never allow any of their muck in my house and he could live elsewhere too.

He has supported Albion ever since. I think I did him a massive favour personally.

What if one of yours wanted to support Palace? I'd rather one of mine came home with a swastika tattoo on their forehead.

I have never reduced my son to tears.

I never will.

He can support whichever football team he wants to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have never reduced my son to tears.

I never will.

He can support whichever football team he wants to.

How can you have never reduced your son to tears? I've reduced mine to tears simply banning him from the iPad for a few days…

His mum reduced him to tears when she said we had ratatouille for tea once, although that night the rest of us cried as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here