Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Eh you're the deluded one they were British ffs regardless where there parents are from. If I am born in Wales and my parents are English I'm still Welsh eh
On paper maybe ,i dont know anybody of Pakistani.or Bangladeshi origin who.regards themselves as British first.and I worked and went to school with loads and I know plenty of "irish"who parents as.well as themselves were born here yet they cling to the nationality of their grandparents.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I feel sick. My daughter asked for suggestions for a German Xmas market. I said Berlin, shouldn't be too much of a risk. She went with her man, now they are safe. My thoughts go out to these victims. My vengeance on the perpetrators knows no bounds. NO FREE movement of anybody into this country.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I won't even bother saying "let's avoid speculation" as inevitably, we're already some way down that road.

But casual/ outright racism, xenophobia or unpleasant religious bigotry won't be tolerated.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I feel sick. My daughter asked for suggestions for a German Xmas market. I said Berlin, shouldn't be too much of a risk. She went with her man, now they are safe. My thoughts go out to these victims. My vengeance on the perpetrators knows no bounds. NO FREE movement of anybody into this country.

Thank God they are safe.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011

And now the reaction that they want comes , despite any Islamic terrorist attack on our country has come from home grown terrorists.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I won't even bother saying "let's avoid speculation" as inevitably, we're already some way down that road.

But casual/ outright racism, xenophobia or unpleasant religious bigotry won't be tolerated.

Remind Diane Abbot but, then I guess she isn't likely to post on here.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Die Welt has made a correction and now believes that the man arrested was not of Chechen origin but is Pakistani.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
BBC latest: Police keeping an open mind.

Still so many questions that are unanswered. Why was the co-driver dead?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a wild stab in the dark that it was some deluded and fanatical waste of oxygen following his book of peace, who decided to murder him and hijack his lorry in order to later plough into, murder and maim a bunch of defenceless civilians browsing a festive market.

I really wish the odds of promotion were similar.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On paper maybe ,i dont know anybody of Pakistani.or Bangladeshi origin who.regards themselves as British first.and I worked and went to school with loads and I know plenty of "irish"who parents as.well as themselves were born here yet they cling to the nationality of their grandparents.
I know it's only a single case, but I work with a Bangladeshi Muslim lady who most certainly regards herself as English first. She is wonderfully integrated into our culture but still retains healthy pride in her own. I don't think this is the case for the majority though sadly. She grew up in Eastbourne which is almost exclusively white whilst most Bangladeshis grew up in Asian ghettos (respectfully). The way the world has gone, it's an ever greater challenge to integrate the Muslim community into our own when both communities seem to be growing apart and with ever more extremist elements. I really feel for my friend as she is now sometimes scared to go out.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The chat group serves as an internal Twitter of sorts for IS jihadists and sympathizers, and it has been used in the past to issue IS communications.
The messages also celebrated the assassination on Tuesday of Russia’s ambassador to Turkey. That murder, which was caught on video and was perpetuated at a public event in front of witnesses, was reportedly carried out by an off-duty police officer.

The user Army of the Caliphate exclaimed:

“Thanks to Allah in this last day when the things that we do are exposed in front of Allah, our lone wolves succeeded to kill the apostate Russian ambassador in the state of the infidel Erdogan, and to plow the infidels in the heart of their home in Berlin. And here in Syria, the Army of the Caliphate killed two pilots by shooting down their planes near Homs. And shortly with the help of Allah, we will shout ‘Allahu Akbar’ and we will celebrate the attacks of our brothers in all the countries of the infidels.”

The user Abu Dajana wrote:

“Today we shook Russia’s power once again like we shook it when our mujahedeen in Wilayat Sinai shot down their airplane. With the help of Allah, we will shake tomorrow the United States like we shook Berlin, which will pay the same price as Paris and all the other infidel countries that are fighting the Muslims.”

The Telegram user who goes by the name of The Army of Osama wrote:

“From the lions of Allah, we send you our hello on your soil which revolted and fought the infidels. Today the infidels are going out shouting and suffering due to the assassination of the Russian pig in Turkey and today there are those who are going out screaming in Germany. They don’t know that this is only a small part of the capacities of the lone mujahedeen and also of the collective worldwide plan to kill all of those infidels who are swimming in the blood of Muslims in Aleppo, Mosul and elsewhere.”

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why bother, when the facts are going to be produced quickly.

Isn't 9 dead, x injured, memories of France, enough news for you, for the moment?
Why do you need to add guesswork into the equation?

Human nature I guess, I feel it's pretty evident who and why this has happened and it has big implications for Germany and the forth coming elections so very worthy of speculation.

Each to their own thoughts, but don't defend the BBC or suggest they are noble for not commenting on any possibilities because they are not.

My thoughts are with the German nation and all the families affected by tonight just like I am sure yours are.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

Are you from Leicester or Bradford cos when you say loads? I don't disagree with you as most do BUT I know LOADS who do regard themselves as BRITISH before their parents birth. The majority down here integrate whereas the more north you go do not.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you from Leicester or Bradford cos when you say loads? I don't disagree with you as most do BUT I know LOADS who do regard themselves as BRITISH before their parents birth. The majority down here integrate whereas the more north you go do not.

I'm from tooting and I lived in Newham and Tower hamlets.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yep, the only way to combat extremism is with extremism. It's like those new fire trucks that spew fire instead of water. Much more effective.

zounds1.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Out of interest who else is doing anything to stop these acts of terror
regards
DR

I'm sure every European country is doing everything in their power. For all we know the security forces might have stopped dozens of attempts like this previously but these terrorist b@stards only need to be lucky once. It really is a bloody miracle that the UK has not had a huge incident like this for over 10 years given the numbers of radicalised scum that must be walking free.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just text my mum as my bro lives in Berlin - luckily fine but were selling all day at a market there yesterday.
Too close to home really. Wish they'd **** off and leave innocent people alone. Vile scum.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Why do these threads always end up with the same old users questioning whether certain ethnic backgrounds regard them as British or not?

The issue in Berlin is a result of war, not where your parents are from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here