Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP latest predictions

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
They're not even barred from signing players - Leeds think they can still bring in 4 new faces. They just have to be free transfers and not cost more than 600k a year. The real problems only kick in if you have more than 24 players aged 21+ who've played 5+ games... Then you can only sign a new player if you let one go first. Again, under the same criteria as above (free & less than 600k a year).

It does rather feel as if we've been duped. The punishments for going for promotion suggest it would have been worth breaking the rules... Although it's Bloom's money, so I suppose it's up to him....

Which is exactly what most of NSC have been predicting the whole way. To have been duped you'd have to be rather dim, so frankly I'm hoping the people running the club have been economical with the truth with us on this subject, rather than dim. Because then we'd really be in trouble...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Which is exactly what most of NSC have been predicting the whole way. To have been duped you'd have to be rather dim, so frankly I'm hoping the people running the club have been economical with the truth with us on this subject, rather than dim. Because then we'd really be in trouble...

Seems, so far, that Bloom could have spent the money and got away with it if he'd wanted to take a gamble. However, it's easy for us to spend his millions for him; you can't blame him for wanting to limit his loss to a mere £8m a year, FFP or not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say that, having previously supported FFP, it now seems to have been a complete let down. Not sure I read anywhere about those clubs on a transfer embargo to be allowed to bring in players on the basis described. Wonder whether these were some of the changes introduced at the recent meeting but were kept quiet with the only real announcements being about the changes in the limits.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I've very rarely seen anyone outlining the detail of FFP here other than 'transfer embargo' so I think you're giving many of the cynics too much credit. Most were just basing it on a general feeling that clubs will be allowed to get away with it rather than any real insight. So I think a fair few people probably have been duped.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I've very rarely seen anyone outlining the detail of FFP here other than 'transfer embargo' so I think you're giving many of the cynics too much credit. Most were just basing it on a general feeling that clubs will be allowed to get away with it rather than any real insight. So I think a fair few people probably have been duped.

Most of us felt it was obvious clubs would get away with it & they have. What more insight did we need?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Most of us felt it was obvious clubs would get away with it & they have. What more insight did we need?

Get away with what?

Clubs that are found to have been in the wrong will get the transfer embargo that was agreed. Some clubs will have decided that the punishment (or lack of it) was worth it. That is no different than clubs deciding that in year one of FFP it was going to be ignored as there were no punishments.

The real interest will be when they announce how QPR got on and (assuming they failed) what their punishment is. I hope that their punishment is exactly what was agreed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Well I would tend to believe people whose views are based on the facts rather than guess work - so I was perfectly willing to accept the club's version.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well I would tend to believe people whose views are based on the facts rather than guess work - so I was perfectly willing to accept the club's version.

There were a lot of lucky guessers on here & in the press then, in fact an overwhelming majority. Guess the club were just unlucky

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And further embagoes may well follow it seems...

I think the other clubs are having the accounts they submitted scrutinised by forensic accountants especially those who said beforehand they wouldn't be within the target figure.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Don't know what those are exactly however it did give me a thought. Instead of a financial penalty, clubs failing FFP have to compromised with their on pitch attire, so for example a minor breach means their shirts have to be slightly heavier/made from itchier material and going to a major breach the players have to wear football boots from the 60's

Boots from the 60s! Why not go the whole hog and have leather balls with a lace in? And Bob Latchford could turn up and knock your teeth out (he would of course help you look for them after the game)

Perhaps trams and trolley-buses too?

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
I think the other clubs are having the accounts they submitted scrutinised by forensic accountants especially those who said beforehand they wouldn't be within the target figure.

Will this be a TV series with Trevor Eve (and his daughter having the target figure)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here