[Cricket] 3rd Investec Test: England v Pakistan at Edgbaston, Aug 3-7, 2016

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 100-3 (25.3 overs) :clap2:

Vince 16*(34) Ballance 18*(31)

This morning session has moved along nicely for both side... England scoring at 4 runs an over, and Pakistan taking 3 wickets

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch Day One

England 100-3 (26 overs)

Vince 16*(34) Ballance 18*(34)

Entertaining cricket all round, with a good balance between bat and ball.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Time for another big partnership from Cook and Root

I thought we were supposed to use negative comments about our prospects so as to not tempt fate

..on that basis...

So England will be 5 down not long after lunch. No chance of Ballance and Vince "doing a Root" :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alex Hales: 10 matches, 18 inns, 501 runs, 27.83 average, 0 tons, 4 fifties.

Taxi!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not just the stats with Hales, he just hasn't managaed to look the part yet. He is lucky that there isn't another cab on the rank, and may get some further chances to develop his technique.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But then not sure there is another opener on the rank....

Definitely Bell-Drummond of Kent. Bagged a ton vs the Aussies at Canterbury last year, big ton for England Lions vs Sri Lanka A this season, county championship form excellent averaging 81.57 with 6 scores of 50+ out of 11 innings this season and turns 23 tomorrow. If the lad was playing for Surrey or Middlesex he'd be in the side right now.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
England 100-3 (25.3 overs) :clap2:

Vince 16*(34) Ballance 18*(31)

This morning session has moved along nicely for both side... England scoring at 4 runs an over, and Pakistan taking 3 wickets

I wouldn't say that it is moving along nicely for England. Losing the first three in the order before lunch is below par. As usual, its rattling along at 4 an over but its loose cricket, as is the norm now. Another Test heading for a four day finish.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wouldn't say that it is moving along nicely for England. Losing the first three in the order before lunch is below par. As usual, its rattling along at 4 an over but its loose cricket, as is the norm now. Another Test heading for a four day finish.

It needs to... have you seen the forecast?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lunch Day One

England 100-3 (26 overs)

Vince 16*(34) Ballance 18*(34)

Entertaining cricket all round, with a good balance between bat and ball.

Fine if you like to see shortened Test cricket. Me, I'd just like to see some digging in, with players trying to bat for 4 sessions or more, showing patience and diligence. Root showed how to do it in the last Test but too many of these players get cameo 30's and 40's, which is never going to win a Test.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here