Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I must be alone thinking it was dull (the caveat being I was rather drunk and having girlfriend issues), but it seemed 90% of the sound was the album backing track. I left after 4 tracks.

Opinions eh? I really enjoyed it primarily because I thought it felt like a real live performance. Hope your GF issues sorted themselves out. I reviewed it here if anyone is interested.

http://www.brightonnoise.co.uk/live-review/?p=77752

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Anyone at Polica last night at All Saints Church in Hove? Thought they were ok but really impressed the venue worked well and hope they put more live music on there. Mind you last gig I saw there was the Cub Scouts Christmas Concert.

Also saw Bill Callahan at the Royal Festival Hall at the weekend - pleasant enough but not quite sure what all the fuss is about.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone have experience of selling spare tickets on Seatwave or similar. I've a spare ticket for the Status Quo reunion tour with Wilko Johnson as support for the 28th March at the Hammersmith Apollo.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
3 days to go until Parquet Courts. Expecting this one to be a cracker.

Going to this too with a group from work. Hope to get there in time for Eagles- stage times will be fairly early as its 10.00 finish!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Definately try and catch Eagulls if you can. I'll be trying to convince 'er indoors to go to the Fat White Family gig at The Hope after valentines dinner. I reckon I've got 2 hopes - Bob and none.

Eagulls! Clearly not eagles who would be something quite different.

Good luck with your plans- where there's a will there's a way!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone at Polica last night at All Saints Church in Hove? Thought they were ok but really impressed the venue worked well and hope they put more live music on there.

Saw Polica over here. Did Marijuana DeathSquads support Polica? Guess they did as they form her backing band. Thought they were excellent fun and would love to see them in a church.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Possibly a bit pop for this thread but just in case anyone is interested. More tickets released for the sold out Haim gig at the Dome from the dome website.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
So.. Parquet Courts. Quite tremendous. Plenty of great new stuff thrown in - are we to expect a new release anytime soon, do we know?

Eagulls also lived up to my high expectations. Didn't grip the crowd as I thought they might. That album's going to be absolutely stonking.

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone one else manage to brave the elements and see Parquet Courts last night? Thought they played a much tighter and better set than in the past- plenty of new songs hinting at a second album on the way? Vocals were perfect. The opening song was very different and suprised quite a few people I was talking too. Eagulls played a half hour set beforehand and was pleased to have caught them. Just as enjoyable was the walk back into town and getting to see the waves hitting the beach. Quite breathtaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here