Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But we didn't get them did we???

That's not my point. Van Dijk has done very well at Celtic and Kostic is regarded as a great prospect and has gone to a Bundesliga club and they came from what you would have called a "tinpot" Dutch team. So you writing him off because he's played in the top division in Holland is extremely ignorant.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Who knows what he will be like but it seems a freebie again from some lower league in a darkwater of world football. 2011 Vicente 2014 Holla. This sums up the clubs " progress " for me. Still good luck to the Lad

How often are we expected to sign Vicentesque players then? Plenty of free transfers of a lower calibre than him have worked out, plenty haven't, we'll just have to wait and see with Holla. As you say, I wish him all the best and hope he will turn out to be a great signing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He doesn't know how to have a positive thought.

I know. I fully understand why people are negative at the moment but some people, and he is one of the worst examples, are negative all the time e.g. the fourth place season under Poyet.

None of us know how well Holla will do. Even with a proven Championship player you wouldn't. However, anyone who says that a midfielder who can control the game is not something we should be after, has not been to a game this season (or last season arguably).

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Ince was never up to the job, Toko we don't yet know enough about him as not yet fit.
So on the face of it this looks like a good signing.
What shite about Ince. Lad has bags of potential. But is still young and it's probably a good thing we are not placing all responsibility on him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Similar to La Liga then? A lot of players in La Liga would walk into our team. Infact Ulloa came from the division below La Liga and was still our best player.

Not similar to the Scottish Prem in the slightest. Eredivisie is ranked about 8th in Europe, while the Scottish Prem is ranked about 18th in Europe.

Looks like the Eredivisie has slipped to 9th.

The MTL is down to 24th though.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have been crying out for a creative midfielder so perhaps he will fill the Richard Carpenter role of an anchorman with skill thus allowing Texeira to get forward and support our strikers. Lets just hope for a No1 striker and that elusive left wing back, preferably this week.

Is he a cheaper version of Adam Clayton?

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
What shite about Ince. Lad has bags of potential. But is still young and it's probably a good thing we are not placing all responsibility on him.

Ince is a centre half and that's where he will end up playing, he's ball distribution is woeful and he scare's the shit out of me every time he get's the ball.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yeah they did, my mistake I just wrongly assumed that Den Haag, were just some tin pot, make up the numbers side, in a league that has probably had 3/4 different winners in the last 40 years....I've never even heard of them and if people are honest, I bet 90% of people on here haven't heard of them either.

Don't project your own ignorance onto others.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Are you sure? I thought CMS was meant to be our £3.25m saviour. Mistreated by both GP and OG, he only needs a start to starting banging in the goals, with his Championship-beating pace and natural footballing skill destroying defences.

Whilst I keep faith with CMS, mistreated by Oscar? Really? Injured for the vast majority of the season and then had to compete with a fit and firing Ulloa for the lone striker role.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Ince is a centre half and that's where he will end up playing, he's ball distribution is woeful and he scare's the shit out of me every time he get's the ball.
Don't agree. So there we go

(edit: I know he started as CB, but think he has midfield potential)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
image.jpg

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just got this from someone who knows a bit about Dutch football

Aggressive holding midfielder, good shot, quite tenacious, bit reckless at times.

The new Hans Kraay? Gulp.

Since I've never seen him play, I'll look forward to that and hope he strengthens the team. But it's a worry that he's on a free - if he's any good you'd expect others in Holland to have snapped him up. And the fact that 1860 Munich were "linked" with him cuts two ways - another way of putting it would be they decided they didn't want to sign him.

One thing worth saying is that if Albion have given him a three-year contract they must be pretty sure he's worth a punt? Otherwise it would have been two or even a year if he was a desperation signing. So fingers crossed.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
At least it will give the Ladies something to be pleased about I guess. He looks very Hunky

His girlfriend, Isabella Lodewijk, ain't too shabby either.
A little bit more up top needed though, which is what the club need!

isabella-3.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well I've heard of Den Haag

Their choc chip cookie dough ice cream is my personal favourite .....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We have been crying out for a creative midfielder so perhaps he will fill the Richard Carpenter role of an anchorman with skill thus allowing Texeira to get forward and support our strikers. Lets just hope for a No1 striker and that elusive left wing back, preferably this week.

Is he a cheaper version of Adam Clayton?
Certainly cheaper in cost, as terms of ability I guess we'll find out. Definitely sounds as though they play the same position.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Twice isn't loads, one spell was for half a season when he was 20 and was recalled to his parent club to replace a player they'd sold. He then went out on loan again towards the end of his time with his first club, he was released after that loan spell and then spent two season with ADO Den Haag before being released and signing for us. I know he isn't a £2 million player which everyone wants to see but he looks like a decent addition to the squad with plenty of experience who can score a goal and takes a decent free kick and penalty. Let's give him a chance before sticking him in the same group of players as Ryan Harley and Barn Door Billy.

I'm not writing him off, just highlighting he won't be immediately fit.

I think he may well be a good signing in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here