Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am absolutely delighted for him and us, are you sure it's not a ringer? Completely unrecognisable from the CMS at Birmingham. Excellent game today.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hmmm, I thought it was the usual run around a lot. Granted got the goal but should have had more (had the chance to take on their slow centre back and didn't do anything) and tried a shot when it would have been better to pass.
We need a better player up top

agreed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We need a better striker. Did ok, better than normal, but still not quite the level we need

If that's ok I'd love to see him have a good game in your eyes! Give the bloke some credit he was awesome today & never stopped chasing. Could easy have been MOM and luckily most Albion fans agree with that and not your 'ok' analysis!

Stumpy Tim

If that's ok I'd love to see him have a good game in your eyes! Give the bloke some credit he was awesome today & never stopped chasing. Could easy have been MOM and luckily most Albion fans agree with that and not your 'ok' analysis!
His first touch still wasn't what it should be in my opinion. He didn't stand out as an attacking force in our team. When we get Ulloa's replacement I think everyone will largely agree

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Played extremely well today. Delighted for him to have finally got another league goal. He'll finish top scorer this year for us, mark my words :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he'd put his overhead kick in, and the goalie hadn't made a world class save, CMS could have made it up to the dizzying heights of mediocre.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His first touch still wasn't what it should be in my opinion. He didn't stand out as an attacking force in our team. When we get Ulloa's replacement I think everyone will largely agree

I agree we need a striker or 2 and I agree CMS doesn't have a good first touch but that's something that will never change. In terms of his strengths he ran the channels superbly today!

Stumpy Tim

I agree we need a striker or 2 and I agree CMS doesn't have a good first touch but that's something that will never change. In terms of his strengths he ran the channels superbly today!
So he ran a lot again then? Great.

To be fair, that shot the keeper put on the bar was top quality. He did well, but there were better players

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

To be fair, that shot the keeper put on the bar was top quality. He did well, but there were better players
Did he not create the space to shoot with his appalling first touch?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

But his workrate is a huuuuge attribute - had he not done it today there's have been more pressure on right. And when I say running the channels I mean also controlling the ball & holding it up. He also had some great touches today. So proud to have him wearing the shirt today & I'm not just saying that mate...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He played well, but he did also have some poor first touches. I seem to remember him getting the ball on the right and having Crofts and JFC completely unmarked centrally in the box, had a great opportunity to play either of them in, instead he put a poor shot wide. Another incident where he was played in behind the defenders and faffed around, and tripped over a ball he shouldn't have, then lost the opportunity for a second. A lot of his running seems wasteful.

That sounds really negative, I don't mean it to. Generally he had an good performance, but there is notable room for improvement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

Might as well get some love in for the beleaguered CMS.

Who knows tomorrow the ball might hit the crossbar, post, then goalies shoulder finally grazing CMS' ear before going in.

Clearly it'll be the only way a player so appalling could ever score.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
If CMS is given the ball in the right area then he will score.Remember the game against Leeds a couple of years ago.Barnes passed to him on the edge of the box,he dragged the ball between 2 defenders and slipped it past the goalie......

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
If CMS is given the ball in the right area then he will score.Remember the game against Leeds a couple of years ago.Barnes passed to him on the edge of the box,he dragged the ball between 2 defenders and slipped it past the goalie......
Absolutely. Something important missing since then though...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:bounce:

Might as well get some love in for the beleaguered CMS.

Who knows tomorrow the ball might hit the crossbar, post, then goalies shoulder finally grazing CMS' ear before going in.

Clearly it'll be the only way a player so appalling could ever score.

I'm loving your commitment to him Stat, I so want you to be right, I'm on the fence and want to play in your garden, but I'm not sure the pool, the sizzling bar-b-que, the bikini clad sunbathing girls on your side are not just a mirage. I'm worried the pool is actually a disused pond with a shopping trolley in it, the bar-b-que is actually a bonfire pre-6pm, and the girls are actually nurses strapping you into a chair ready to take you away…….

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That was a great goal in which remains probably the best match we've seen at the Amex.

So too was the scissor kick at Burnley - fabulous technique. But honestly, it's not a great return from probably the highest paid striker we've had in the Amex era is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here