Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Off to see The Darkness in Bexhill in December and toying with the idea of FFS at The T&C in Kentish Town early September

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I've got the opportunity to see Luna in October as I'm in Chicago when they are playing. I don't know an awful lot about them so I'll maybe buy one of their albums today, what in your opinion is their best?

Disclosure are playing at the navy pier the day before in Chicago so I fancy that too.

Just seen this - what did you get? If pushed my fave Luna album is probably Bewitched but a there is a budget best of and Li e album that you can pick up v cheap on cd second hand. I sadly missed the Brighton gig so envy you this gig.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This makes me all the more keen. I've just searched Daniel Spicer and, it seems, he's a Wire journalist, who has interviewed a number of non-faint-hearted musicians, including Peter Brotzmann and Mats Gustafsson. That search also indicates that I ought to pay more attention to The Wire.

The online archive you get access to when you subscribe is awe-inspiring. The end of year lists are usually outstanding as well. Love it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Interesting addition of Haiku Salut to Saturday's line up for Edge Of The Sea. Really looking forward to this- more so this year as no football clash meaning I will get to see most of the bands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw White Fence again on Monday. With added Cate Le Bon and the pleasant company of Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION].

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Saw White Fence again on Monday. With added Cate Le Bon and the pleasant company of Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION].

Yep, it got a bit messy. Moshing with 20 year olds whilst wearing flimsy sandals that WILL NOT stay on your feet is not the best idea. Great fun though, and they were on form.

Drinks - the collab between CLB and Tim Pressley of White Fence play Brighton next month. Here's the only track they've released so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDF1JNNc_1k

Perfect support from Soft Walls as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3UfxB2WwQ

Well, that's good news. Where and when is this?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Deerhunter announced a Hove date (All Saints) for November. Extremely excited about this one after their cancellation on the Monomania tour. Question for regulars - has anyone ever heard of a standing gig at All Saints? Seems a weird venue, and much as I'm sure it will be interesting to see them in a different setting, I may get a London ticket as well if it's an a seated gig in Hove.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Deerhunter announced a Hove date (All Saints) for November. Extremely excited about this one after their cancellation on the Monomania tour. Question for regulars - has anyone ever heard of a standing gig at All Saints? Seems a weird venue, and much as I'm sure it will be interesting to see them in a different setting, I may get a London ticket as well if it's an a seated gig in Hove.

British sea power played there at drill, however I wasn't there. I'm sure someone on here was though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
British sea power played there at drill, however I wasn't there. I'm sure someone on here was though.

Indeed and a perfect venue for the set that they played. It was in complete contrast to the songs and manner in which they played exactly two weeks later at The Haunt. Remember the bar is slightly restricted- there isn't one! A few tins on sale from a table at the back. But as a venue for acoustic/ quieter bands its great. And probably the only time I ever enter a church. Amen.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Indeed and a perfect venue for the set that they played. It was in complete contrast to the songs and manner in which they played exactly two weeks later at The Haunt. Remember the bar is slightly restricted- there isn't one! A few tins on sale from a table at the back. But as a venue for acoustic/ quieter bands its great. And probably the only time I ever enter a church. Amen.

But all seated? Just can't imagine what Deerhunter would be like in that setting.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lovely evening in Neukolln, Berlin, watching The Maccabees in a lovely, small venue with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]. I love watching bands who are clearly having the time of their lives, and they were great yesterday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Here's the winter multi-venue festival that One Inch Badge promised us.

http://www.mutationsfestival.com/artists/

Looks a very tasty start

PERFORMING: Lightning Bolt, Metz, John Talabot, Josh T. Pearson, Om, Chelsea Wolfe, Willis Earl Beal, Jane Weaver, Ought, Natalie Prass, BRNS, Kagoule, Vision Fortune, Blaenavon, All Tvvins, Lowly, Plastic Mermaids, Mount Bank, Chastity, Abi Wade, Sea *******, Blacklisters, Foreign Skin and Nature Channel

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Here's the winter multi-venue festival that One Inch Badge promised us.

http://www.mutationsfestival.com/artists/

Looks a very tasty start

PERFORMING: Lightning Bolt, Metz, John Talabot, Josh T. Pearson, Om, Chelsea Wolfe, Willis Earl Beal, Jane Weaver, Ought, Natalie Prass, BRNS, Kagoule, Vision Fortune, Blaenavon, All Tvvins, Lowly, Plastic Mermaids, Mount Bank, Chastity, Abi Wade, Sea *******, Blacklisters, Foreign Skin and Nature Channel

That does look good. Trying to work out the difference between 1 and 2 tier tickets on link-apart from the extra five pounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here