Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets hope these results don't keep papering over the cracks.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
So how is swapping 3 up front to 2 up front supposed to get us more goals? I don't get it.

3 up front? - who are you kidding?

its 4-5-1 - at best 4-1-2-2-1 we need more than the handful of 5000 absolute diehards to go to keep this momentum going. Playing football like we currently do will not attract the floating supporter to be interested in watching our club.

You play 2 STRIKERS up front and 2 WIDE players at HOME.... Away, no problem at all playing 4-5-1 or whatever you want to call it -

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Who said I wasn't renewing??
Just playing devils advocate. If a lot of people go to football to be entertained playing like we have done recently will not make them renew. Time to face facts. Not every season ticket holder is a die hard fan there are a lot that will think twice about renewing if what is on offer isn't that attractive.

To be honest I don't care who renews or who doesn't personal choice I guess. But glad you are staying !

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Doncaster were one of the worst teams to play here this season. We made hard work of beating a very poor team . It should have been the day we tried a Plan B 442! The win definitely did mask a few cracks , the performance was dire. Anyone know if there is list of players left out of premiership 25 squads?

No way was that a dire performance, Yes it was hard work at times but for the umpteenth time this season we've had to change the midfield because of injuries and it showed during the game plus you could see the players getting more nervous the longer we went without scoring but it certainly wasn't dire. Sometimes try looking at the bigger picture rather than complaining that we didn't score enough goals or play to the standard that you seem to expect.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I don't think I am being short sighted. We win and you appear to be in melt down? The entire club is in a transitional phase on and off the field. We are never going to win every game playing champagne football. We have a team that is competitive at the top end of the championship and premier league facilities, what is it exactly that you want?

competitive at the top end of the championship? - being 13 pts behind the top 3 is not competitive in my book... You have lower expectations. - I never said i wanted us to play champagne football continually, however scoring 3 goals in 8 leagues is not good enough. - How can you not see we barely scrapped past a poor Doncaster team at home? My point is about our continued boring style of football. if your happy to sit through that continually then fair play. Your a hardcore diehard and good luck to you. We need to keep the "5-10 games a season" people coming back; On the evidence i have seen over the last few games, this brand won't attract them

Still we get 27,000 every week so no problem I guess will be the response? - Look around at the empty seats every game - This is the real indicator of how attractive things will be.

I am not talking about myself, more and more people sitting around me today were talking about potentially not re-newing due to the style we play

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
3 up front? - who are you kidding?

its 4-5-1 - at best 4-1-2-2-1 we need more than the handful of 5000 absolute diehards to go to keep this momentum going. Playing football like we currently do will not attract the floating supporter to be interested in watching our club.

You play 2 STRIKERS up front and 2 WIDE players at HOME.... Away, no problem at all playing 4-5-1 or whatever you want to call it -

Not trying to kid anyone the game I was at today we had Ulloa, Rodders and March playing as a front 3.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
competitive at the top end of the championship? - being 13 pts behind the top 3 is not competitive in my book... You have lower expectations. - I never said i wanted us to play champagne football continually, however scoring 3 goals in 8 leagues is not good enough. - How can you not see we barely scrapped past a poor Doncaster team at home? My point is about our continued boring style of football. if your happy to sit through that continually then fair play. Your a hardcore diehard and good luck to you. We need to keep the "5-10 games a season" people coming back; On the evidence i have seen over the last few games, this brand won't attract them

Still we get 27,000 every week so no problem I guess will be the response? - Look around at the empty seats every game - This is the real indicator of how attractive things will be.

I am not talking about myself, more and more people sitting around me today were talking about potentially not re-newing due to the style we play

Like I said in my previous post I don't really care who renews and who doesn't. It's nots not a badge of honour but I have supported and had season tickets through some truly horrific footballing times. So yes I am more than happy with where we are and what the club is trying to achieve. Personally the only factor in my renewal or not would be financial and nothing to do with football. I support Brighton not the entertainment value. If you have a different view or raision d'être for your support then fair play to you!

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Who said I wasn't renewing??
Just playing devils advocate. If a lot of people go to football to be entertained playing like we have done recently will not make them renew. Time to face facts. Not every season ticket holder is a die hard fan there are a lot that will think twice about renewing if what is on offer isn't that attractive.

Your not playing devil's advocate,your talking nonsense,i was entertained today with a much more direct,fast flowing,attacking football.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
System is fine. Today lots of good crosses into the box mainly because we had 2 attacking wingers. As long as we stick to this goals will come. There are 4 players with pace for 2 positions and hopefully it will stay this way.
Rodney has some great movement and once people know how he plays can see him starting to score. March also had a decent game. End product needs improving but played well none the less

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
System is fine. Today lots of good crosses into the box mainly because we had 2 attacking wingers. As long as we stick to this goals will come. There are 4 players with pace for 2 positions and hopefully it will stay this way.
Rodney has some great movement and once people know how he plays can see him starting to score. March also had a decent game. End product needs improving but played well none the less

Lots of good crosses into the box?- Brilliant - What you also didn't add was the majority of them either went out the other side of the box for a goal kick or a throw or were no where near any players in blue and white stripes. However at least we got the crosses in!-

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
No way was that a dire performance, Yes it was hard work at times but for the umpteenth time this season we've had to change the midfield because of injuries and it showed during the game plus you could see the players getting more nervous the longer we went without scoring but it certainly wasn't dire. Sometimes try looking at the bigger picture rather than complaining that we didn't score enough goals or play to the standard that you seem to expect.

We started positively and should have carried that on but in the 2nd half we let them back into it and on another day we could have conceded and it be a different story.
Also, after we scored we sat back against 10 men where a drop of the ball the wrong way could have easily cost us 2 points. Was very negative after we went 1 up

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Predictable and boring! Not good enough for promotion,so at the moment would rather see some determined,enthusiastic youngsters like Solly March and JFC having a go! An entertaining 3-3 would be more enjoyable than what i saw today! We were poor today,as usual always tactically allowing the opposition time to get numbers behind the ball and not having the real quality to break them down with purpose.. You have to have top players to play this way,and a way Oscars old team, Barca play. We also want to play this way for 90 mins ?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I like the 3 up front we had today,rather than just two that is being asked for here.I do however agree that they need to be goalscorers !!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Keep pretending everything is ok by winning 1-0 and all will be fine...

Priceless.

So lets get this straight. Winning 1-0 is NOT ok ? Against a team scrapping for their lives, and unbeaten in their last 4 ? A team who have not conceded more than 1 goal in the league since going down 2-1 on New Years Day at QPR ? You might need to wake up to the news - this is a tough league. A tight league. We did what we needed to do and grinded out a win against resolute opponents. Was it Brazil 1970 ? No, but if you pitched up today expecting a cricket score because its "only Doncaster" then I guess that explains your overtly pissy mood at our win.

Strikes me its YOU who needs to do a bit of growing up.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Its so obvious we need to get 2 players up front...

This is possibly one of the most dullest teams to watch I have seen. once in 7 games at home have we have scored more than 2 goals and twice in the last 14 games total.

Keep pretending everything is ok by winning 1-0 and all will be fine...

Bore off. We won. Three points is three points whether you get them with five goals or one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Predictable and boring! Not good enough for promotion,so at the moment would rather see some determined,enthusiastic youngsters like Solly March and JFC having a go! An entertaining 3-3 would be more enjoyable than what i saw today! We were poor today,as usual always tactically allowing the opposition time to get numbers behind the ball and not having the real quality to break them down with purpose.. You have to have top players to play this way,and a way Oscars old team, Barca play. We also want to play this way for 90 mins ?

Well, Solly March played 80 minutes, and JFC is crocked. Other than that, top analysis.

And what you clearly failed to notice was just how much pressing Ulloa, March and Rodriduez did on their back 4 all afternoon - thats called defending from the front. Doncaster were not given a moment on the ball to build from the back, we pressed them high up the field from the off.

But it was only 1-0, so obviously "boring".

:facepalm:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure how anyone can not see that today was a step forward in style. We have lacked pace so much recently which has stifled Ulloa and today we had pace in abundance. Rodriguez, March, Stephens added the pace and Orlandi linked well. We looked such a more dangerous prospect to the extent even ward and Bruno got forward frequently. Much more positive at home and pleasing to see. Now the challenge is to turn that dominance into goals as I think we will need to score at least 2 to get win on Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here