Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind the manager and give him the time he needs and deserves.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Bit far for me to 'endure' the current set up. I just hold on to my memories of the halcyon days of our glorious history. Funnily enough though my old man who has been a season ticket holder for decades says he likes the style of play and is confident that when he gets it right all will be goodl.

Well if your Dad is happy with it good for him. OG told us that he played possession football but with the emphasis on attack when he arrived!! The majority of STs around me have had enough with random team selections, poor substitutions, sideways and backward passing and when we finally get the ball to the attacking third we are utterly clueless. Each to their own opinion but I fail to see how your Dad can be liking our current style.
He may have been good enough for Israel but not for the Championship. I really hope he proves me wrong but IMHO he and Jones need to go at the end of the season (which I don't think TB will do TBH).

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Can't get behind someone who just stands there with his hands in his pockets and shows no passion at all

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
As i sat there today watching that total shite, it was no shock as the whole season bar 5mins here or there have been like it.
Those who have been to some absolute shockers of away games like yeovil will know its not just the amex where we have been dire.
Yes we are missing players, but we didn't manage to sign anyone really in the loan window when a gamble might have meant we were pushing for a play off place, in let' s be honest a pretty average league.
Why don't players want to come here....perhaps the mr charisma garcia doesn't attract them..?
Now our back four are shipping some goals, we have no answer to the fact that we don't score enough, and if you don't score you don't win games.
We are an average team that people believe because of our finish last year that we should be pushing for promotion this year, and perhaps with a few additions this might have happened, but can you really imagine garcia ripping into people and motivation players...i think not
Its all about managing expectations, i've been through the dark days of slade, and sitting there today i was wondering why the f*ck i had renewed my season ticket.
And yes I do stay right to the end, and no I don't boo, but if people want to f*ck off early I don't blame them, and if people boo I can understand why.
All I know is something has to change, cause it is pretty sh*t at the moment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bit far for me to 'endure' the current set up. I just hold on to my memories of the halcyon days of our glorious history. Funnily enough though my old man who has been a season ticket holder for decades says he likes the style of play and is confident that when he gets it right all will be goodl.

I think your old man needs to watch some other football if he likes Oscars style of play, I watched an under 10s game last week that was better than what I saw today.

Bloom will give him time.

Despite the players going missing recently we are still in the mix.

A good pre-season, culling the crap and the sicknotes, and bringing his own men in and then we can start to judge his potential.

He's had ample time to bring in his own players, instead he gets rid of decent players with passion in January ie Bridcutt, El Abd & Barnes and has brought in sub standard journeymen & unproven rookies. Out of his depth. We are not a league 1 or 2 side treading water, but a club with big ambitions. Under Oscar we are going backwards. Time to move on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No point getting rid now unless Bloom believes his man is already available.

This season has been a post-Poyet shit sandwich, full of injuries. And yet I don't know what's going on with Agustien or Stephens, and KLL is getting a raw deal too. Jury still out on Oscar.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
No point getting rid now unless Bloom believes his man is already available.

This season has been a post-Poyet shit sandwich, full of injuries. And yet I don't know what's going on with Agustien or Stephens, and KLL is getting a raw deal too. Jury still out on Oscar.

Agreed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry for another Oscar thread but I thought I would try and redress the balance and take the focus from the threads posted by our unhappy 'customers'. I have taken my post from one of their threads and created this one.

He needs time to put his vision into practice, There have been several problems at the club which he has had to deal with. We were in disarray when he arrived and dealing with all the nonsense from the last manager. He has had injury problems all year and now he has the added issue of players being out of contract. He is clearly struggling to get his game plan going and may take a little longer than we would all like to adapt to Championship football.

We really haven't given him enough time to do his job, he should be given at least a summer and proper pre season before we right him off. Anything else is just knee jerk and part of the instant gratification culture which blights football and wider culture in this day and age.

We complain that football treats us like customers and not proper fans yet that is exactly how we behave.

There's no room you being rational and measured on this board, seems most are just throwing toys out of prams today

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He's had ample time to bring in his own players, instead he gets rid of decent players with passion in January ie Bridcutt, El Abd & Barnes and has brought in sub standard journeymen & unproven rookies. Out of his depth. We are not a league 1 or 2 side treading water, but a club with big ambitions. Under Oscar we are going backwards. Time to move on.

You do realise all three of those players didn't want to stay? They weren't forced out of the club. Two went for the money and El-Abd because he wanted playing time. Don't think you can lay the blame at Oscars door for those.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well if your Dad is happy with it good for him. OG told us that he played possession football but with the emphasis on attack when he arrived!! The majority of STs around me have had enough with random team selections, poor substitutions, sideways and backward passing and when we finally get the ball to the attacking third we are utterly clueless. Each to their own opinion but I fail to see how your Dad can be liking our current style.
He may have been good enough for Israel but not for the Championship. I really hope he proves me wrong but IMHO he and Jones need to go at the end of the season (which I don't think TB will do TBH).

So you don't believe that there is any room for improvement? i agree that the football at the moment isn't up to much but a manager needs a fair shake of the sauce bottle

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So you don't believe that there is any room for improvement? i agree that the football at the moment isn't up to much but a manager needs a fair shake of the sauce bottle

I honestly don't No. I personally think we have a much better side then our current displays show and he and jones are just out of their depth. I know we have had injuries but that shouldn't change the style of play. For the most part the performances at home this season have been dire! This is not about the last 3 games!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everything about today was entitely predictable, and that is the most depressing thing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The players have been letting Oscar down.

Today started with Lopez taking three successive corners and overshot all of them. Then Buckley coming off with his bloody hamstring, Greer falling over for the first goal and to top it Ulloa’s penalty was pig awful. Then we have Lingard who is just a kid trying to do a mans job and Andrews is covering for Stephens because of a stupid virus.

Kemy and Orlandi have only been disappointing and CMS and Hoskins are a long way off a return. Losing Crofts on top of that has taken away the only leader we had.

Oscar could not have done any better with the cards he was dealt with and I hope that it is in the clubs plans that by spending little this season means we can spend bigger over the summer.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I honestly don't No. I personally think we have a much better side then our current displays show and he and jones are just out of their depth. I know we have had injuries but that shouldn't change the style of play. For the most part the performances at home this season have been dire! This is not about the last 3 games!

I don't like saying it about my own team, but he's right. I've said it several times in the lat few weeks, but This has reminded me of watching a Mark McGhee team, and despite his best efforts, it was never pretty and quite toothless.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think your old man needs to watch some other football if he likes Oscars style of play, I watched an under 10s game last week that was better than what I saw today.

Maybe he can see what Oscar is trying to do and the direction he wants to take the team in. I haven't spoken to him about the last few games to be fair. My point really is that i don't think that this seasons is the Oscar finished article, I think that we should be a little patient and give him the time he needs to get the team playing his way with the players he wants.

This is all academic though because it is not us who pulls the strings and it is up to Tony Bloom to decide how Oscar is going and if the potential is sufficient enough for him to be given more time. All this stamping of feet and tantrums about being entitled to watch exciting football and get promoted to the Premier League is just a rather embarrassing side show.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do realise all three of those players didn't want to stay? They weren't forced out of the club. Two went for the money and El-Abd because he wanted playing time. Don't think you can lay the blame at Oscars door for those.
Barnes is on record as saying he felt he wasn't wanted.

It does make me chuckle when the OP can say he thinks nothing is wrong from half way around the world because his Dad says so.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Fair enough, if that is your opinion but I think it is still a bit soon to come to that conclusion with the season we have had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here