Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The annual "Why don't we have a Straight Pride?" thread?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Every now and then I stop by and read a few threads. Glad to see you can just about get past 10 pages now of sensible discussion before you have to share in people's tedious disputes, things must be improving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every now and then I stop by and read a few threads. Glad to see you can just about get past 10 pages now of sensible discussion before you have to share in people's tedious disputes, things must be improving.

Not always. Have a look at the Rosenior thread...........

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'm pretty sure the police will arrest people for an arrestable offence whatever the circumstance. I may be wrong.

You are wrong, arrest is supposedly a last resort and one of many apparent options the police use to deal with people. They certainly won't arrest whatever the circumstances as Pride quite clearly demonstrated.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are wrong, arrest is supposedly a last resort and one of many apparent options the police use to deal with people. They certainly won't arrest whatever the circumstances as Pride quite clearly demonstrated.

I'd love to hear your evidence for this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The first part of my statement is fact and set in law, the second is also fact and from impeccable sources I'm not prepared to reveal. Up to you if you accept it or not, I do.
I doubt it's for the reason you claim, prison cells being full. I would imagine it's more to do with the fact that if they arrested them the subsequent waiting around at the station and paperwork would mean there would not be enough officers on the ground.
But I simply don't believe if someone was smashing 7 bells of shite out of someone or were caught dealing that they would be left alone by the police.
Suspected taking of drugs, but of willy tickling behind the bins, yeah probably gets ignored the same as it does every day of the year in Brighton. Not special to this event.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I went, i'm straight, im proud.

it was brilliant as usual, best day of the year in brighton!
Exactly , its one day a year , its a party, it brings money into Brighton, the Gays bring a lot to Brighton, the only reservation i have is the apparent behaviour of some gay blokes in Preston Park (shagging in the bushes etc) if you are trying to sell it as an inclusive event that you can bring kids along to then this isnt acceptable .

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Exactly , its one day a year , its a party, it brings money into Brighton, the Gays bring a lot to Brighton, the only reservation i have is the apparent behaviour of some gay blokes in Preston Park (shagging in the bushes etc) if you are trying to sell it as an inclusive event that you can bring kids along to then this isnt acceptable .

Agreed, i first went to pride when i was 17 (When it was all free) saw men giving blow jobs to each other in the bushes in Preston Park and two women putting on a sex show down by the pier.

This year we just did the St James Street, street party - didn't see anything of the sort.

But i agree, unacceptable whoever you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here