Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March's knee

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I really think you should write to CH suggesting his medical staff use far more hindsight in their assessments so that we don't get any more of these type of problems going forward ???

My underlying point was that there was no need to take a risk with one of our most creative and valuable players with Van La Parra on the bench. I meant no criticism of the medical team.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I saw that. Nothing strapped up or surgical boot on.

Maybe the injury is not as bad as feared? We could do with some better news on the injury front.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Err.. which is why he collapsed in a heap again a couple of minutes later.

Another example of hindsight being an exact science!

How many times do you see players go down and then get treatment and then run around a bit more and then finish the game. If you've never seen that then you haven't been watching football that long.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Grumpy looking but not in plaster!

CWGn1biWoAAFfaL.jpg

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another example of hindsight being an exact science!

How many times do you see players go down and then get treatment and then run around a bit more and then finish the game. If you've never seen that then you haven't been watching football that long.

The anguish that was written all over March's face when he went down initially was enough to suggest that he thought he had been hurt; and being a keen, young player he would, of course, try to carry on playing if at all possible. I still believe, however, that we should have substituted him straight away to avoid taking any unnecessary risks - especially with Van La Parra on the bench. That said, I take your point about hindsight. It is indeed a wonderful thing.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Re his knee. Wouldn't it be really unusual to have an op so soon after a trauma? I am pretty sure they like to give at least 48 hours to let it settle. I have had two bad injuries and I was told this both times. That is the extent of my knowledge so probably wrong.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Argus online article today quotes Hughton as saying March won't be available soon.
It's in a piece about Van La Parra hoping he'll be able to stay longer and prove himself here

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Argus online article today quotes Hughton as saying March won't be available soon.
Did he name the month Solly might be available by? :dunce: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here