Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So Nixon, Bush, Clinton and Obama are ok to visit but not Trump. Two of the worst criminals to ever hold high office, whose misdemeanours are there for all to see. A serial sex offender, whose wife has regularly turned a blind eye to his offences, whilst lining her own pocket illegally and a man who has changed his name and religious beliefs on more than one occasion. Lied outright when being sworn in at the bar and has spent all his life hiding his sexuality, whilst the least said about his " wife " the better.
My God, Trump must be horrific!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Can't stand the bloke from what I've seen so far, but they're never going to block him from coming to the UK, no matter how many sign the petition. Mrs May & friends have too much to lose to cause a diplomatic issue over it.

He'll come, and I bet there will be street protests on a scale not seen since Blair was in charge. Awful man, but I can't be the only one harbouring a certain fascination with how this is all going to pan out over the next four years. Unsettling times.

Plenty of overtime, I should think. I might even dust off my balaclava for this one.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Nobody has yet given a definite reason why this petition has any legs to stand on? So we want to ban him entering the UK for what reason? Genuinely interested.. or is it really just a case of 'we don't like your policies so ner ner ner you aren't coming in'

I've yet to read a legitimate reason that actually stands for barring him.

Clearly you have not read the petition.. It's not a petition to ban him from entering the country...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apologies I misread the petition, still the question stands: on what basis
Should he be not allowed to conduct his state visit?

The petition is asking for him to come on an official visit, which is what Obama and Bush jnr did long before they had a state visit. It involves politicians meeting politicians and talking about trade deals, alliances etc. All political stuff.

A state visit is an entirely different kettle of fish, involving red carpets, riding in a state carriage through London, going to Buckingham Palace and being received as an honoured guest by the Queen.

Edit to add the evidence of my first paragraph.
[tweet]826004023262199808[/tweet]

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So Nixon, Bush, Clinton and Obama are ok to visit but not Trump. Two of the worst criminals to ever hold high office, whose misdemeanours are there for all to see. A serial sex offender, whose wife has regularly turned a blind eye to his offences, whilst lining her own pocket illegally and a man who has changed his name and religious beliefs on more than one occasion. Lied outright when being sworn in at the bar and has spent all his life hiding his sexuality, whilst the least said about his " wife " the better.

He is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Another one who can't read. Nobody is saying he can't visit. It's the type of visit that is in dispute.

An official visit like the other presidents or a State visit treating him like an honoured hero.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Another one who can't read. Nobody is saying he can't visit. It's the type of visit that is in dispute.

An official visit like the other presidents or a State visit treating him like an honoured hero.

I'd like to wager that a large percentage of those who have voted think it is to stop him coming over !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Ironic, I suspect those signing the petition are committed republicans anyway, why now should they feel The Queen and her chattels are now so important and relevent ??

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I'm not sure if you saw my reply earlier but this is unequivocally wrong from Farage.

The Obama order was utterly different in every single way; in intent, in method, in cause, in process and in implementation.

The two orders can't reasonably be compared.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Trump has set up a fascist government in 9 days.

Government border protection services are ignoring federal court orders, Steve Bannon (completely unelected white supremacist) is on the national security council and Trump has banned people from entering the country purely based on their country of birth. There are reports of US citizens being detained because of their ethnicity also.

Soon the deportations and internments of Muslim US residents will start happening and Trump & Bannon's power grab will be complete. If he isn't impeached soon we seriously have Nazi Germany 2 on our hands.

We should not allow him to enter this country but Theresa seems hell bent on appeasement rather than opposition to his disgusting policies. History will not look kindly on us.

Very well said. These are disturbing times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here