Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Shameless plug alert.
Our very own beers, born and bred in Surrenden Road will be on sale from next Friday. Free samples aplenty at the launch evening at Quaff right on Fiveways.
There's an APA and a Golden Ale available in keg and cans. We love them but it would be great to get feedback.
86b23c1e7965e7f9a0e1c2144b702a40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shameless plug alert.
Our very own beers, born and bred in Surrenden Road will be on sale from next Friday. Free samples aplenty at the launch evening at Quaff right on Fiveways.
There's an APA and a Golden Ale available in keg and cans. We love them but it would be great to get feedback.
86b23c1e7965e7f9a0e1c2144b702a40.jpg

Firstly good luck with this venture. I'd love to try some of these and feed back; I'll keep an eye out for them next time I'm in town.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Enjoying a few pints of Old Thumper from Ringwood Brewery, whilst sitting in the garden being attacked by a swarm of thunder flies.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I'll pop in and pick up a can of each next time at fiveways in a couple of weeks.

What brew kit are you using Biffer?
We hired Arundel Brewery for a few days to produce this first industrial batch.
One of the guys from Four Pure oversaw it to make sure we don't screw it all up.

Next Saturday we're at Arundel Brewery if that's more local to you, and next Sunday we'll be at Bison Beer in East Street all day.

Both beers will be on tap at all venues and we'll have special offers and samples.

Hopefully Lost + Found beers will then be generally available across town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We hired Arundel Brewery for a few days to produce this first industrial batch.
One of the guys from Four Pure oversaw it to make sure we don't screw it all up.

Next Saturday we're at Arundel Brewery if that's more local to you, and next Sunday we'll be at Bison Beer in East Street all day.

Both beers will be on tap at all venues and we'll have special offers and samples.

Hopefully Lost + Found beers will then be generally available across town.

Exciting stuff. Out of interest what's your back ground? Have you been home brewing or have you been employed in the industry and are now branching out on your own?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I've got a stocktaking company so know just about everyone in the trade.
Hopefully we'll have this on draught in some of Brighton's finer venues sooner rather than later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is thirsty work

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 370

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
We've home brewed for almost 2 years to perfect the recipes though.
Should be a very exciting week ahead....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We've home brewed for almost 2 years to perfect the recipes though.
Should be a very exciting week ahead....

I've just alerted my circle of craft beer chums to your brand and products.

Jul 7, 2003
Had a few fruity sours last night with a BBQ. My favourite was Tropic Thunder; http://dugges.se/beers/tropic-thunder/ doesn't really taste like a beer but fruity and refreshing. The other was a new Tiny Rebel raspberry framboise - http://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beers/frambuzi/

Not to everyone's taste but much easier to drink on a warm summers evening. All beers sourced from Trafalgar Wines in Brighton - the best beer shop around.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had a few fruity sours last night with a BBQ. My favourite was Tropic Thunder; http://dugges.se/beers/tropic-thunder/ doesn't really taste like a beer but fruity and refreshing. The other was a new Tiny Rebel raspberry framboise - http://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beers/frambuzi/

Not to everyone's taste but much easier to drink on a warm summers evening. All beers sourced from Trafalgar Wines in Brighton - the best beer shop around.

Had a couple of Tiny Rebels beers, both rather good. A brewery to keep an eye on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to turn you on, if I may, to the new offering brewed 'exclusively for' the very excellent Hartley's offie chain by www.360degreebrewing.com. ALE ACTUALLY is a session pale ale, hop types: 'amarillo, mosaic & chinook', ABV: 4.3%. Very nice, quite grapefruity, perfect summertime drinking. Two cans for four quid, pre-purchase tasting available, from Hartley's bottom of Preston Drove and presumably their other branches also.

You have not been charged for this info. I have not been paid to provide this info. Just a heads-up for a damn tasty beer :thumbsup:

Oh, and an excellent poem type thing on the side of the can:

"Here's to the day trippers that clog up our city on sunny days,
Where people try to paddle a transit van around the pier
And the seagulls aren't your friends unless you're watching football,
Here's to the naked bike ride, pride parades and the train service that takes you nowhere.

This is Brighton & Hove, Sussex by the sea,
This is our city and we love it, actually."

:bowdown:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Had a few of these in Washington

attachment.php

I tried a few Brew Free or Die IPAs when I was in DC, seemed rather fitting as the Brewery is called 21st Amendment, and this is the one that basically repealed Prohibition.

21st2.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
attachment.php

I do like DogFish Head beers

Attachments

• dogfish.jpg
    dogfish.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 371

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here