Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Charlton (H)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Casper 7 - Didn't flap at anything. Calm.
Bruno 8 - Great game.
Greer 8 - Good Captain's performance. No mistakes Led by example.
Upson 8- Solid, thought I saw him hurt his left calf slightly in the warm up but obviously not.
Ward 7-Solid
Andrews 7-Solid
Stephens 6.5 Solid although passed the ball away too many times.
Lingard 7 Worked hard. Should've had a second. My Missus could've scored that. Great through balls.
Lualua 7 Worked hard, can't shoot though. Aim a bit more to the left KLL.
Ulloa 8 Worked hard for BHA to keep possession late into the game although surely must've been tired. Made some good runs in the first half but ignored and ball played back in to own half instead. Didn't really whinge about anything.
March 7 Worked hard.

Subs.
JakeFC Not enough time to do much except flipping SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Inigo - "You go play up front ish. Don't worry abut it, just go and enjoy yourself" I find that hard to imagine, yet I just did.
D-Rod Not enough time to do much, almost had one run but quickly caught, low on confidence, and pace.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Great 3 points and another boost for our goal difference. The first 15-20 mins looked like we would continue the fabulous footie we played at Leicester with KLL, Stephens, Lingard and Ulloa linking up beautifully but after that somehow we didn't have the same sharp focus. Dare I suggest that many simple passes went astray and we made somewhat harder work of the match than might have been, especially once KLL went off. Charlton were poor.

Ankergren: 7 - never really tested
Bruno: 5 - a typically erratic performance, and his selection did seem a bit harsh on Calde who had a good game at Leicester and against a far better team than Charlton's.
Upson: 7 - very steady as usual
Greer: 8 - Another very decent performance, not quite my MoM.
Ward: 7 - a quieter game after his barnstorming performance at Leicester
Andrews: 7 - is becoming more consistent and dependable
Stephens: 8 - his influence is growing with each game and becoming one of the first names on the team sheet.
KLL: 8 - seems to revel in his new role and shows a willingness to defend as well as attack. Pity about the cheap yellow card, we missed his penetration when he got subbed
March: 7 - not his best game of late but good to see him getting starts, happy to see him in the side
Lingard: 8.5 - and just my MoM over Greer. Lingard is another player who seems to have found more confidence from Oscar's new formation, and is carrying far more of a threat into opposition penalty areas. Great goal.
Ulloa: 8 - nicely taken goal. Leo seems to have calmed down since his drama queen show at Barnsley and is twice the player as a result

JFC: 7.5 - nicely taken goal

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
no you don't

Don't be daft. If you watch on TV you get a great overview of the pitch. If you are at the game you just see whatever part you happen to be looking at. Absolute nonsense that you get a better view at the game!

Agree that you are more of a fan to be at the game but you defo do not get a better view!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't be daft. If you watch on TV you get a great overview of the pitch. If you are at the game you just see whatever part you happen to be looking at. Absolute nonsense that you get a better view at the game!

Agree that you are more of a fan to be at the game but you defo do not get a better view!

If you watch on TV/streams you only see the bit of the pitch the camera is covering, and that is often focused on where the ball is, you don't get to see other runs made and ignored, you don't see the run that pulls someone out of position, you don't get to see which player is slow to react to the attack breaking down slowly trudging back towards the half way line while everyone else is busting a gut to get back, etc. (and that's not including slow to react cameramen missing an incident or ITV cutting to commercials when England are about to score)

The "best view" is subjective, but even if we accept that the high camera angle is the best, there are thousands of people in the east and west uppers that have that same view, but with more choice as to where they look rather than just where the cameraman is pointing his equipment.

There are pros and cons to both TV and watching live.

Last edited:

Casper - 6 - hope he managed to get some knitting done
Bruno - 6.5
Ward - 7.5
Greer - 8.5
Upson - 8.0
Andrews - 7.5
March - 5.0 - seemed off the pace and lacklustre apart from one decent(ish) attempt on goal
KLL - 6.5 - presence from the start seemed to have Charlton worried, if only his crossing were better, faded in the second half
Stephens - 7.5 - some over elaboration at times but he's ok
Lingard - 8.5 - good all round effort, well taken goal, shame about the 9 iron shot in the second half (divot perhaps?)
Ulloa - 8.0 - ball control better than of late, less histrionics, some nice stuff, a good finish. If only we got up quicker in support more often?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
If you watch on TV/streams you only see the bit of the pitch the camera is covering, and that is often focused on where the ball is, you don't get to see other runs made and ignored, you don't see the run that pulls someone out of position, you don't get to see which player is slow to react to the attack breaking down slowly trudging back towards the half way line while everyone else is busting a gut to get back, etc. (and that's not including slow to react cameramen missing an incident or ITV cutting to commercials when England are about to score)

The "best view" is subjective, but even if we accept that the high camera angle is the best, there are thousands of people in the east and west uppers that have that same view, but with more choice as to where they look rather than just where the cameraman is pointing his equipment.

There are pros and cons to both TV and watching live.

Sat in the middle of the north stand you get no idea of perspective, in particular you will have almost no idea of what is going on down the other end of the pitch and how far away people are.

I agree that the best views from a judging perspective will be those high in the East and West stands. But still not as good as TV where you get replays and multiple angles.

You could argue its more fun to watch us on TV than it ever has been as we knock the ball around so much, the TV angle has never been more fun.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't understand the markings we made Charlton look like a conference side I may agree with the markings if we then have a overall marking for the performance of the team and I think that should be 9out of 10. Charlton got ten behind the ball and tried to stop us playing bit of luck we could of had our best win.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sorry. I think you're badly wrong on this. Lingard probably just edged MotM today, but Stephens ran him hard.

That's exactly how I saw it. Lingard's a very clever little player. Constantly finding little spaces and comfortable across that attacking midfield line. He appears to be reliable, fit and settled in now. Bad miss though.

Stephens is absolutely essential to our game plan. He's our only truly box to box midfielder without Crofts, no accident for me that Andrews had one of his better games when he didn't have to do much running, thanks to Dale's tireless work.

We look a threat from corners again. I couldn't work out who was taking them, March and Stephens?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry. I think you're badly wrong on this.

How can an opinion be badly wrong? No matter how much of a minority the person may be in they are still allowed to have it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

This really depends on where you sit. I'd say in the best seats you have a far better view of the whole game in the stadium. Obviously you don't get a great view in the North.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
ang 7
Bruno 7
Greer 8
upson 7
ward 7
Andrews 8
Stephens 6.5
March 6.5
lindgard 8.5
Lua Lua 7
ulloa 8
JFC 7.5

good to see Oscar keeping the faith with a more attacking line up
Stephens one of the 2 defensive midfielders not both Andrews and Ince
and 3 interchanging attacking midfielders
would still love to see Lua playing more on the right using his pace on the outside
crossing with his stronger foot ditto Solly on left but the interchanging and ball control
of all 3 has given us some goals to cheer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lingard 9
Stephens 8
Ward 8
Lua lua 8
Greer 7
Upson 7
Bruno 7
Andrews 7
March 7
Ulloa 7
Ankergren 6

JFC 7

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Ankergren - 6.5
Bruno - 6 quiet
Greer - 8 fantastic tackle in first half
Upson 7
Ward - 7
March - 7 tidy
Stephens - 6.5 great first half too slow to play his pass second half
Andrews - 9 my MoM busy, always keeps things ticking along, nice passing
Lingard - 8
Ulloa - 7
LuaLua - 8

Forster-Caskey - 7

I go along with this and must add I thought Lingard had his best game so far.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Rodriguez? I thought it was Spanish Dave who came on at the end and why was Calde playing as a striker?
It would have been an ideal game to bring on CMS for the last 15 mins or so as the crowd were well up for him as he warmed up.

Probably carrying a niggling calf injury after his run out at Leicester ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here