carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 12.05.16.png.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Forecast here says to expect 5cm this afternoon, followed by rain, then followed by plummeting temperatures.

It'll be sheet ice tomorrow. I'll have to dig out some spikes for my boots.

Flex Your Head

I'll take this for now:

UK Outlook for Monday 18 Jan 2016 to Wednesday 27 Jan 2016:

A generally cold and dry start to the period, with widespread overnight frosts expected. The far west may see outbreaks of rain or snow at times. As we move through next week, rain from the Atlantic may move further east, with a risk of snow as it pushes into the cold air. Eastern parts should see drier conditions but with further widespread frosts likely. The last week of January will most probably see unsettled weather becoming established across the north and west, with drier, colder weather in the southeast. Temperatures are expected to be below average at first, perhaps moving towards average by the end of next week, especially in the northwest of the country.

Where are you now, eh, US? ;o)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll take this for now:

A generally cold and dry start to the period, with widespread overnight frosts expected. The far west may see outbreaks of rain or snow at times. As we move through next week, rain from the Atlantic may move further east, with a risk of snow as it pushes into the cold air. Eastern parts should see drier conditions but with further widespread frosts likely. The last week of January will most probably see unsettled weather becoming established across the north and west, with drier, colder weather in the southeast. Temperatures are expected to be below average at first, perhaps moving towards average by the end of next week, especially in the northwest of the country.

In the shed waxing his skis?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'll take this for now:

I am very unimpressed to be honest. That is a rather pathetic outlook. What an absolute shower of Horse Poo this winter has been. It is also at the arse end soon as after about mid Feb you can't get any prolonged spell of cold and snow. So far today has been the coldest day of this winter with a bitterly cold 8 C maximum, yes that is right, 8 C

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am very unimpressed to be honest. That is a rather pathetic outlook. What an absolute shower of Horse Poo this winter has been. It is also at the arse end soon as after about mid Feb you can't get any prolonged spell of cold and snow. So far today has been the coldest day of this winter with a bitterly cold 8 C maximum, yes that is right, 8 C

But it's going to be cold! you've banged on about temperatures for days. Surely you must be happy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's meant to be cold but still doesn't feel it. This will be another snow free winter for those living on and near the south coast. Shame!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's meant to be cold but still doesn't feel it. This will be another snow free winter for those living on and near the south coast. Shame!

Still a chance of something on Monday.

40% for West Sussex is about as high as it gets across the South, as we're far enough East to be in cold air, whilst far enough SW to get a chance of getting some precipitation. Less chance before then, but still possible, if unlikely.

graphe_ens3_poy5.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sadly I fear US is right it just isn't cold enough. I drove across the High Peaks from Rotherham to Manchester last night and even there it only dropped to 1 degrees. That's a road notorious for show and being closed for ice, but nothing.

Stayed in a hotel slightly further down and there was the nearest hint of a snow dusting on top of the car in the morning, no where else.

When you look at the temperatures for here there is just no chance of snow.

Boo to that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the only chance is a rogue snow flurry at nights until next Tuesday and in that unlikely event it will be miniscule. I am confident this winter will be a complete no show or should I say no snow ?

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Happy to report there is currently a forecast for snow on Saturday evening... In Lille where as it happens I'll be for the weekend! I'll send a pic if it happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here