Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton *** Official Match Thread ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A Wednesday (LOL) supporting mate (STH) of mine who was at the game just messaged me to say that we were much better than them and deserved to win easily. "We were shit and have been all season, just lucky with last minute goals. Brighton quality.".

He also said that AK nearly caused a riot celebrating in front of their fans. LOL!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No Kayal, no Stephens, and we manage to win at Sheffield. That's strength in depth.

Spot on...I believe that is the major advantage we have this season, against last. After our blistering start last season, we had that bloody awful run of games because we had no back up. Today those usually in the dugout, stepped up and did the job. ...but we still need a striker!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The two old SWFC guys on the tram back to the city picked out Dunk and Bruno as our best players

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Chairman is very pleased with the result today

I am very pleased for him us and you Mr Hut but most of all i am happy for Baldock.....

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
A Wednesday (LOL) supporting mate (STH) of mine who was at the game just messaged me to say that we were much better than them and deserved to win easily. "We were shit and have been all season, just lucky with last minute goals. Brighton quality.".

He also said that AK nearly caused a riot celebrating in front of their fans. LOL!

Are so that's why he got booked.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yes Yes good result but Warren reckons Skalak let the rest of the defence down for the massive goal.

Warren talking out of his arse (as usual) on that one having seen the highlights. I am not the biggest fan of Skalak but I don't know what he thought Skalak should have done? If Bong had done his job and stopped the cross coming in then the goal wouldn't have happened. May have been much better today but Bong is still by far the weakest player in our team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Warren talking out of his arse (as usual) on that one having seen the highlights. I am not the biggest fan of Skalak but I don't know what he thought Skalak should have done? If Bong had done his job and stopped the cross coming in then the goal wouldn't have happened. May have been much better today but Bong is still by far the weakest player in our team.
Warren said at the time that Skalak was lazy for not tracking the runner, allowing him space and time to finish.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That is certainly not one of my posts! I'll investigate and invite MODS to do the same right now.

So someone on Owlstalk has the same monica, very funny Bry, NOT!

What on earth are you talking about? I just quoted a post :shrug:

No slight intended.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No slight thought of, Where did you get the post quote?

Post #416 on this thread

In hindsight I probably didn't make it clear that you were referencing an Owlstalk post, but I'm sure you won't be blackballed off NSC as a result.

If you are, I'll fall on my sword too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here