Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

synavm

May 2, 2013
Not a massive fan of Clarkson, but his humour and the banter with Hammond and May is absolutely fundamental to the show in my view. You lose that with Evans, very shouty and he didn't have any connection with Le Blanc whatsoever. Square pegs, round holes really, the presenters do not suit the format and if you change the format, you should probably abandon the Top Gear brand.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Top Gear - Old, boring and repetitive
Chris Evans - Old, boring and repetitive
Jeremy Clarkson - Old, boring and repetitive

Think how many new shows and new talent they could fund with that sort of money ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It might be a grower. It might also crash and burn.

I think it's universally accepted that Evans was terrible on it - the fake enthusiasm and complete inability to hold a conversation with anyone that isn't his own reflection was dire. I liked LeBlanc though, he seemed bored of Evans already but his solo pieces I felt he was good. Not a patch on the previous, but there's potential.

C- Shows potential but lacks application.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

image.jpg

I thought Evans reminded me of someone with those boots on. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was poor. There's no chemistry whatsoever between LeBlanc and Evans, they don't know each other well enough to take the piss out of each other, so you have this slightly awkward, stilted relationship where they're trying hard to be amusing banter-buddies, but it doesn't really work. LeBlanc looked like he didn't know what to say half the time. And Evans's review of the cars was just dull. He can't spin a descriptive metaphor like Clarkson to embroider the report and give a few chuckles, so we're just left with him going "whhooaaaaa!".

RIP Top Gear. Roll on the Amazon thing, whatever they're calling it.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I haven't watched it. However, is Chris Evans still as a much of a c*nt as normal? Or is it only me who cannot stand him and doesn't find him particularly funny?

Just looking at Evans makes me feel he needs slapping, & whenever he's managed to speak before i've had chance to switch it off, he has confirmed his need for a slapping.

To be fair, my ideal would be a programme about old railway stations lovingly presented by somebody intelligent & articulate. so i doubt that i would be in Top Gears' target audience.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Pile of old gash! Evans has completed his journey of crawling back up his own arseho!e.

He didn't need that massive spoiler on the back of the viper, his ego would have firmly stuck him to the track.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Forgot to add, usually he crowbars his family , son, mates whatever into his programmes so expect to see them in future episodes.
What did we have this week, the staff from his local Indian takeaway sitting on a car to represent a tonne of down force. Genius

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I didn't think it was that bad. It missed the camaraderie of the old presenters but their brand of humour/presenting was getting cliched and worn. I think it's worth giving the show some time to see if Evans will dial it down a bit and if the presenters can build a genuine rapport. The show itself was no different, still fairly enjoyable so its just a question of the presenters growing into the role.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Top Gear - Old, boring and repetitive
Chris Evans - Old, boring and repetitive
Jeremy Clarkson - Old, boring and repetitive

Think how many new shows and new talent they could fund with that sort of money ???

I hope you don't mean the Brainless X-factor crap, and other moronic talentless garbage shows!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here