Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Would suit the role of deep lying play maker very well.
Him, toko and Stephens be a great mis 3 with ince JFC and crofts to come in. Adds a lot if depth to that department. Kemy can leave as well

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
JFC hasn't a clue..how he made England U21's is beyond me
Not good enough for League 1

Because he's playing against U21 players so it's relative. He played no worse than any of the other midfielders today and put in some cracking passes into the box.

Also worth mentioning he plays much further forward with England which is his preferred position. He's much better as a number 10 than a holding midfielder.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

If you watch those U21 games he normally looks decent. He plays in a slightly more advanced position, so we're either using him wrong or he just isn't ready to play week in week out yet.

This is an important season for JFC, I think he needs to play as part of an older midfield to help him develop. Putting him in at the same time as Ince and Fenelon always looked lightweight, we could actually send them backwards in their development by expecting them to do too much too soon.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

And yet, Gus, Oscar and now Sami have all seen him as a good player. Not to mention Southgate and all the England under age managers. Who's view to take ...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
So he'd be interested in signing for us but at the moment Boro are the only team who have put an offer in for him?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
So he'd be interested in signing for us but at the moment Boro are the only team who have put an offer in for him?

We have not agreed a deal with Huddersfield so the only option (currently) is Mboro who have agreed a deal with Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here