Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lose GM once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose him twice looks like carelessness

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So what you're saying is he can only be recalled if Bournemouth flog him, yes?

If Murray has been registered to Bournemouth and the Albion this season, then I am all but certain he can NOT be registered to another English club before next summer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Murray has been registered to Bournemouth and the Albion this season, then I am all but certain he can NOT be registered to another English club before next summer.

I thought he actually had to play a game for Bournemouth rather than just being registered?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Murray is patently seriously happy in his skin, both on and off the pitch.

On the pitch, he's getting unparalleled service at this level and playing with a smile on his face which he never did before.

Off the pitch, he can stand in his garden and listen to Brian Wilson playing live across Preston Park. He can also walk his nipper round the corner to nursery in flip-flops and shorts.

He'll patently never achieve a better work/life balance for the remainder of his career than he's got currently.

Barring injury or multiple suspensions, he'll be weighing in at 25 goals or more this season, more than the rest of our so-called strikers put together.

His parent club will doubtless want a super-inflated sum to let him go.

But it's a price well worth paying. IMHO, like.

Just need Ashley Barnes back to partner him now and it's back to business as usual...

Muzza yes... Ash no... the latter was and is overrated...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They might want him themselves if they get relegated.

I'm afraid there's very little chance of the village people getting relegated with Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, Middlesbrough and Swansea in the same division. On the bright side, GM doesn't fit into their style of play at all and now that Wilson is fit again I can't see them wanting him back. Why they signed him in the first place is a bit of a mystery.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'll say this again. We scored more goals than Middlesbrough or Hull. We scored the same amount of goals as Burnley. We conceded more goals than either Burnley or Boro, so the failure to get promoted was NOT down to how many goals were scored, but the defence!!

it would appear that CH concurs with you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Baldock and Hemed have NEVER scored for fun, with or without providers. They're both TOILERS at this level. Apologies, but sometimes you have to be a wee bit objective about these things. The alternative is you end up hanging onto, say. CMS, for a couple of seasons past his score-by date.

Yet you want Barnes

Comical

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's remarkable that Hemed got 17 goals from his toiling. 17 goals for a Championship player in his first season in England. Pretty good eh?

i rather enjoy a toiler who bags 17; even tho he went down the middle a lot, i did think; oooh, pen, that means, goal!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I thought he actually had to play a game for Bournemouth rather than just being registered?

A player can still sign for a club after having played competitive games for two different clubs over a season, but won't then be able to play for a third club.

Murray hasn't played any games for Bournemouth this season, so it is a possibility that a club could come in and attempt to sign him in an attempt to try to disrupt our season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Genuinely not sure I follow you. Are we supposed to judge Hemed this season because he scored quite a few goals (including a fair number of penalties) in one half of LAST season? ???

he's a capable sub; which should make you happy.
you've bin a busy boy this afty, haven't you ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm afraid there's very little chance of the village people getting relegated with Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, Middlesbrough and Swansea in the same division. On the bright side, GM doesn't fit into their style of play at all and now that Wilson is fit again I can't see them wanting him back. Why they signed him in the first place is a bit of a mystery.

Precisely. You could probably whack West Brom into that list, too, who seem to be on the slide. It does put into perspective the difference between getting into the PL, rather than staying in it.
I'm of the view that Sunderland and Hull are as good as down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can he though? Reading and interpreting the rules - http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx - isn't easy, and I'm no lawyer, but when you get to 53.1.2 it mentions recall clauses in the loan agreement. It would appear that if there is a recall clause, B'muff can haul him back in January; if not, then it must be mutually agreed, in writing, by us, them and Murray himself.
I imagine that whether or not to include a recall clause would have been part of the negotiations - we'd probably have to pay more for a loan without a recall clause. So, does anybody actually know if the deal that was signed actually included a recall clause, or not?
Well yes, but I was under the impression that the recall clause is standard practice. Obviously it is not in every single case, and I haven't seen the loan contract.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just need Ashley Barnes back to partner him now and it's back to business as usual...

Poor old AB won't be playing football again, for anyone, probably until 2017/18 due to his cruciate injury.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hemed and Baldock are good. We need one more. Currently we have Murray but his wages are high. I can see us paying those wages and not a fee, or lower wages and a fee. Either seems comparible with the current deal.

It depends if BMuff will be greddy gits and use his form to money grab or if they'll be happy to not have him on the books

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here