Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To be replaced by Boris, Gove, IDS?
What a very sad day for this country.
I had no idea that the majority of this country were so stupid, ignorant and racist to allow this to happen, it is going to be a disaster.
Farage lording it up this morning is making me want to puke.
The only people that think we are a great country are the British, to the rest we are a laughing stock, a small blip of an island that now holds no credibility in the world anymore, if anyone thinks we can just go waltzing into countries around the world demanding trade deals they are very much mistaken.
The referendum should never have been held, the British have proved they are far too thick to make the correct decision.

Out of interest what is your evidence that Britain is a laughing stock etc ? I have lived both in mainland Europe and South East Asia and never heard any of these sentiments. I also don't know why you think that our trade officials will be demanding anything. Again, I've not heard anyone suggest this so cant work out who is going to be mistaken.
Am I thick because I voted Leave ? How do you know, you've never met me ? Does it apply to everyone with whom you disagree ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This isnt test match cricket where we can call for a review of the decision. We are out and the EU are locking the pavilion doors so we cant return.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It staggers me to hear the racist card still continually trotted out by ignorant people in the media this morning. I voted out because we simply don't have the infrastructure to support the influx of the equivalent of 4 Wembley Stadiums NET worth of people each year. We don't have the homes, hospitals, schools, doctors, transport systems and even jobs to support that. It is completely unsustainable. That in no way, shape or form makes me a racist. I fully believe anyone facing genuine persecution in their countries should be welcomed as any decent human being would.

The 'deal' that Cameon brokered with the EU a couple of months ago was an absolute joke.

The EU needs serious reform and other countries will undoubtedly follow our lead until this happens. Perhaps they'll finally listen.

It shouldn't surprise you. Just a few quotes from Brexiters in discussions I've had over the last week:

"I'm voting out because I don't want my grandchildren marrying those disgusting Muslims"
"The Poles can **** off"
"They come over here taking our jobs, our GP appointments, our housing, they can **** off back to their own country"
"You can call me a racist if you want, but I want those ***** to stop taking my jobs".

And that's without even beginning to discuss some of the shit that has come out of Farage's mouth.

Honestly, it is a very sad day to be British.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, says the EU will not allow the UK to re-join the single market.

"Leave is leave", he said. "The UK just decided to leave the European Union and that means also the single market of the European Union. I wonder whether this is a rational decision. It is an emotional one."

Mr Schulz said he respected the decision of the British people, but felt it was the wrong one.

"The UK had lost independence nowhere. The UK is not a part of Schengen, it's not a part of the euro. The UK had a lot of opt-outs… it was the UK insisting always not to be a full-fledged member of the EU.

"The only areas they were a fully-fledged member is the single market and now they cut the links to the single market and look what happens today on the internal markets."

He said Leave campaigners had duped the British public by making false promises.

"Yes, that message that Britain alone would be stronger than together with the other countries of the European Union, this is a fairytale."

Oops

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It does make a bit of sense. I know this is democracy in full action, and as a remainer, I am not got going to go against the vote, nor do I advocate a second vote.

HOWEVER, I do find it odd that the country is going to plough ahead with such a monumental action when 48% of the voting nation have said they do not want it. And yes, I would be saying the same had the vote been the other way.

Is this not the argument against PR?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nigel Farage: £350 million pledge to fund the NHS was 'a mistake'

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/remem...d-to-second-referendum-5963900/#ixzz4CVB8S2Lt

How many people formed their opinion on the basis of the £350m a week lie?

Either way the vote went, they are all full of shyte, so business as usual and no real change fundamentally.

That claim was made by the official brexit campaign, which Farage was not part of. He is commenting on a claim that he did not make. There is no evidence that it was, or will turn out to be, untrue.
So much hysteria on here today from the remainers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From BBC Business:

Apples and pears are harvested by hand and seasonal workers are required for this. Despite enormous efforts by growers, government departments and Job Centres, it has proved impossible to recruit from the UK any more than a small proportion of the numbers necessary. In short, the British are not prepared to undertake this type of work. Consequently, almost all seasonal workers are from abroad, and at present, mainly from Eastern Europe.

Seeing as we still have 1.5 MILLION unemployed perhaps we should prod some of them into picking apples rather than sitting on their arses? ???

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Sounds similar to the Dutch and Irish. Keep voting till we get a "Yes" vote. Won't happen now as dodgy Dave is history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here