Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexual abuse and exploitation by Police officers of vulnerable people

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's so rich coming from you! You accuse me of a cliche. Don't like my reply. So say it's a wind up (er, hello, who's the cliche now?!!) And therefore flounce off like a big baby rather than articulate your argument better, hurling insults as you walk away. Hmmm. Did you say something about embarrassing and cliches?! :)

Have you noticed how every other contributor to this thread apart from you seems to be able to have a relatively civil discussion about this, despite their differing viewpoints? Have a little read back through it if you don't believe me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wouldn't get so upset ? Tell that to the 15 year old girl who had her front teeth smashed out with a truncheon you PRIZE CVNT, or her father who was subsequently told to "fvck off before you get the same" by the offenders immediate superior , Jesus wept I didn't think people like you actually existed :facepalm:
really no need to be so aggressive. About an incident of rough justice. Years ago. That you witnessed. But didn't concern you. For all you know that officer may have been disciplined and left the force. Which is the correct way to handle. No need for you to get involved. Which sounds like you didn't anyway so why rage about it on here years later? Please calm down, you really are coming across as someone who can't control their temper. Please also don't take the Lords name in vein. It's disrespectful and highly offensive to many including me, even in a tolerant society such as ours. Best you take time out I think and start again with an apology.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Have you noticed how every other contributor to this thread apart from you seems to be able to have a relatively civil discussion about this, despite their differing viewpoints? Have a little read back through it if you don't believe me.

Well maybe not me, i just felt the need to tell him he was a prize CVNT, but that's to be expected from me :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
really no need to be so aggressive. About an incident of rough justice. Years ago. That you witnessed. But didn't concern you. For all you know that officer may have been disciplined and left the force. Which is the correct way to handle. No need for you to get involved. Which sounds like you didn't anyway so why rage about it on here years later? Please calm down, you really are coming across as someone who can't control their temper. Please also don't take the Lords name in vein. It's disrespectful and highly offensive to many including me, even in a tolerant society such as ours. Best you take time out I think and start again with an apology.

Righto :lol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Aaah that old chestnut. Another cliche since you like them - "let's all say everyone else doesn't agree with you so I'm right. Boo hoo. Nasty Portlock...." FFS, grow up, how old are you? That's a pathetic come back (as well as a cliche). Even if was true, which it isn't, I'm just taking two or three of the same culprits on like you that's all. That doesn't give you a majority, though pleased your rose biased glasses are interpreting that way. But that's your own prerogative. Not my fault if a few people are so caught up raging they don't have the wit to see we all generally agree i.e. there are some bad apples but the overwhelming majority are a force for good.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well maybe not me, i just felt the need to tell him he was a prize CVNT, but that's to be expected from me :lolol:
It's a her actually. Now how do you feel with your aggressive foul mouthed tirade? Pathetic.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Explains your evident need to always come out on top of an argument on here. Perhaps why you got into trouble with the police in the first place thereby wasting everyone's tax money dealing with your 'rough justice'. Obviously making a few assumptions but could this be an interpretation? :) Still at least your reply acknowledges the reality of the situation so if that's a given, shouldn't people be less surprised? And therefore not expect whiter than whiter service from our Police? So what are we arguing about now on here again? Case closed perhaps?

I have just read that you are female so I will be nicer than what I planned to be. It was the police whom wasted the taxpayers money by lying. I expect the police to be honest and decent. I am 100% not against the police, I am 100% against the lying corrupt ones. The police always say that people should come forward and speak out about such and such a crime, they should follow their own advice.
I also have a feeling that you have another account on here? Assumption, but this could be an interpretation.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I have just read that you are female so I will be nicer than what I planned to be. It was the police whom wasted the taxpayers money by lying. I expect the police to be honest and decent. I am 100% not against the police, I am 100% against the lying corrupt ones. The police always say that people should come forward and speak out about such and such a crime, they should follow their own advice.
I also have a feeling that you have another account on here? Assumption, but this could be an interpretation.

slight paranoia on my part, but hope you don't mean me!? She is fvcking bonkers!:(

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The majority will cover up for their colleagues as has been proved time and time again. I have been on the receiving end of it, but I am quite dogged when it comes to people trying to have me over so I came out on top. The silly thing is there was no need for what happened to have happened and what starts out as a fairly minor thing turns into a full blown conspiracy with police having to make statements and cover up for their colleague.
Their is always that one officer who is willing to be a wanker for no reason, use unreasonable force or just blatantly make stuff up. Then the rest are put into a position where they are expected to cover for them.

Out of interest how many times over 28 years have you made a statement/said that another officer acted wrongly, was telling lies or used unreasonable force?

I wonder what your part in this episode was? As ever, you, like others, are keen to blame the Police, but had you made a bad situation that shade worse with a belligerent attitude, only to then complain when officers gave like for like. Yes, that would be "wrong" and unprofessional, but after a late shift at a weekend, starting at 5pm and going on until 4am, when after midnight, you have been dealing with one drunken dreg after another,(not saying this about you) tempers can get frayed, you know.
With this whole situation, I would suggest that each situation is taken on its merits or otherwise. During my teaching career, I witnessed two incidents of a teacher being less than professional, shall we say. The first time involved an arrogant member of staff known for being short-tempered to all, and I reported the incident as I saw it, without any compunction. On the second occasion a thoroughly decent teacher was being abused by a child who could best be described as revolting, and the teacher got hold of said individual, who, of course knew his rights and screamed blue murder, aided and abetted by equally revolting parents. On this occasion, I lied and said that I had seen nothing, as I knew no one had seen me in the area. I don’t believe that this was moral cowardice, and to this day contend that it was an action for the greater good.
I suspect that police officers think much the same when a colleague under quite some stress gives that extra kick/pull/grab etc that is necessary – why put them through the misery of Professional Standards investigation on behalf of a thoroughly undeserving piece of you know what, who just sees a chance for some revenge. Yes, one could argue that it is the first step down a slippery slope, but on balance you have to weigh up all sides.
As stated by me and others, this does not exonerate officers who quite deliberately use their position for calculated deception etc –they deserve all they get, but there are times when one has to accept that life is not perfect.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I wonder what your part in this episode was? As ever, you, like others, are keen to blame the Police, but had you made a bad situation that shade worse with a belligerent attitude, only to then complain when officers gave like for like. Yes, that would be "wrong" and unprofessional, but after a late shift at a weekend, starting at 5pm and going on until 4am, when after midnight, you have been dealing with one drunken dreg after another,(not saying this about you) tempers can get frayed, you know. .

I have to say I am inclined to agree with where you are going here. Having had a few run ins with the OB in my time, in my limited experience, if you are nice, they tend to be fairly reasonable back. If you start being lippy they'll make things difficult for you. I have been on the end of unfair treatment from the police (as eventually proven in a court of law) but I didn't half make things difficult for myself. Lesson learnt.

Again, not saying that is what happened in the specific case in question but an observation.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But the majority keep us safe and do great job so that good enough for me. Everyone sets their own expectations. If people want to let one bad experience in a hundred or a thousand or 10,000 whatever's dictate rheir perspective then that's everyones own prerogative. But as an adult, you learn to deal with life's unfairness. Christ if you can't then you're in for a very rocky journey. Also not worth getting involved in so many other people's business. If someone gets hit by a truncheon let them do the complaining, far too many wading in as the professionally outraged, who might not know the half of it. Trouble is today people are literally trolling the net to find stuff to get angry about, often thousands of miles away and utterly ignorant of local culture or circumstance. It's just not the case in this country that our police aren't generally a force for good. Anyone expecting 100% justice or standards (no such thing because everyone's are different!) or even hoping for is just deluded. Never existed and never will because there are some right toe rags out there in every walk of life including this Board!

I think you are agreeing with me?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wonder what your part in this episode was? As ever, you, like others, are keen to blame the Police, but had you made a bad situation that shade worse with a belligerent attitude, only to then complain when officers gave like for like. Yes, that would be "wrong" and unprofessional, but after a late shift at a weekend, starting at 5pm and going on until 4am, when after midnight, you have been dealing with one drunken dreg after another,(not saying this about you) tempers can get frayed, you know.
With this whole situation, I would suggest that each situation is taken on its merits or otherwise. During my teaching career, I witnessed two incidents of a teacher being less than professional, shall we say. The first time involved an arrogant member of staff known for being short-tempered to all, and I reported the incident as I saw it, without any compunction. On the second occasion a thoroughly decent teacher was being abused by a child who could best be described as revolting, and the teacher got hold of said individual, who, of course knew his rights and screamed blue murder, aided and abetted by equally revolting parents. On this occasion, I lied and said that I had seen nothing, as I knew no one had seen me in the area. I don’t believe that this was moral cowardice, and to this day contend that it was an action for the greater good.
I suspect that police officers think much the same when a colleague under quite some stress gives that extra kick/pull/grab etc that is necessary – why put them through the misery of Professional Standards investigation on behalf of a thoroughly undeserving piece of you know what, who just sees a chance for some revenge. Yes, one could argue that it is the first step down a slippery slope, but on balance you have to weigh up all sides.
As stated by me and others, this does not exonerate officers who quite deliberately use their position for calculated deception etc –they deserve all they get, but there are times when one has to accept that life is not perfect.

No no, you must be ALL or NOTHING!! BLACK or WHITE! There's no room for middle ground and sensible comment like this, it's 2016. It's ALL teachers, police, politicians are evil paedophiles etc. Or NONE are (which can't be, it's 2016 which is completely different to the rest of history). So get with the programme, get angry about everything and everyone on everyones behalf (but do nothing beyond expressing your anger...years later...on a football website...) ;)

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I wonder what your part in this episode was? As ever, you, like others, are keen to blame the Police, but had you made a bad situation that shade worse with a belligerent attitude, only to then complain when officers gave like for like. Yes, that would be "wrong" and unprofessional, but after a late shift at a weekend, starting at 5pm and going on until 4am, when after midnight, you have been dealing with one drunken dreg after another,(not saying this about you) tempers can get frayed, you know. Even if that was what happened which it wasn't, then I would have no sympathy. Police have powers that others don't have, they should be professional. If they cannot then get another job.

You have a pretty warped view in my opinion, no officer should be able to put in an extra kick etc and other officers should then not cover up for them. If that were to happen and the other officers covered up for him, that is calculated deception. As they would all work out what their stories should be.

You simply cannot have police whom cannot be trusted, once you turn a blind eye to one officer then he will return the favour and so on and so on. Now say officer A put in an extra kick and officer B hid it. What would then happen if officer B fits someone up, officer A would have to back him up because he owes him one and he would end up screwed if officer B spilled the beans about the first incident. It's all one big slippery slope.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No no, you must be ALL or NOTHING!! BLACK or WHITE! There's no room for middle ground and sensible comment like this, it's 2016. It's ALL teachers, police, politicians are evil paedophiles etc. Or NONE are (which can't be, it's 2016 which is completely different to the rest of history). So get with the programme, get angry about everything and everyone on everyones behalf (but do nothing beyond expressing your anger...years later...on a football website...) ;)

You are actually a weirdo

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think you are agreeing with me?

I didn't know we had disagreed? Still, plenty of people want to get involved and angry in something not their business, believing their stance is correct to the point of taking the law into own hands perhaps and then cite their experience as evidence of a far wider problem and condemn an entire population by association and get angry and abusive should anyone challenge their perspective and call you weird for doing so...and...(I pity them! Keep calm, carry on and all that...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here