Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexual abuse and exploitation by Police officers of vulnerable people

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The majority of police are not bad/corrupt, unfortunately the majority of police will cover for those who are bad/corrupt.

Nor are they some sort of virtuous, saintly body they are people who have chosen to join the police for a multitude of reasons and being altruistic isn't one of them. That does not mean they are all corrupt but it does mean that anyone putting them on some sort of pedestal is really looking for a big disappointment.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nor are they some sort of virtuous, saintly body they are people who have chosen to join the police for a multitude of reasons and being altruistic isn't one of them. That does not mean they are all corrupt but it does mean that anyone putting them on some sort of pedestal is really looking for a big disappointment.

But the majority keep us safe and do great job so that good enough for me. Everyone sets their own expectations. If people want to let one bad experience in a hundred or a thousand or 10,000 whatever's dictate rheir perspective then that's everyones own prerogative. But as an adult, you learn to deal with life's unfairness. Christ if you can't then you're in for a very rocky journey. Also not worth getting involved in so many other people's business. If someone gets hit by a truncheon let them do the complaining, far too many wading in as the professionally outraged, who might not know the half of it. Trouble is today people are literally trolling the net to find stuff to get angry about, often thousands of miles away and utterly ignorant of local culture or circumstance. It's just not the case in this country that our police aren't generally a force for good. Anyone expecting 100% justice or standards (no such thing because everyone's are different!) or even hoping for is just deluded. Never existed and never will because there are some right toe rags out there in every walk of life including this Board!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The majority of police are not bad/corrupt, unfortunately the majority of police will cover for those who are bad/corrupt.

which surely makes them the same

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
But the majority keep us safe and do great job so that good enough for me. Everyone sets their own expectations. If people want to let one bad experience in a hundred or a thousand or 10,000 whatever's dictate rheir perspective then that's everyones own prerogative. But as an adult, you learn to deal with life's unfairness. Christ if you can't then you're in for a very rocky journey. Also not worth getting involved in so many other people's business. If someone gets hit by a truncheon let them do the complaining, far too many wading in as the professionally outraged, who might not know the half of it. Trouble is today people are literally trolling the net to find stuff to get angry about, often thousands of miles away and utterly ignorant of local culture or circumstance. It's just not the case in this country that our police aren't generally a force for good. Anyone expecting 100% justice or standards (no such thing because everyone's are different!) or even hoping for is just deluded. Never existed and never will because there are some right toe rags out there in every walk of life including this Board!
You're actually serious? Really?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you say I'm lying ?
not at all. If you gave details I could probably provide a reason or some context perhaps. Police are as potentially fallible as you and I in our jobs. If anything we are all incredibly stupid for expecting they're not. Not a reason to then dislike if receive rough justice in one situation.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

makes me wonder if those girls from Rotherham,Rochdale,Oxford are managing to deal with lifes shit or even if those officers of the law who turned their backs on them when they should have been breaking every sinue in their body to bring those shite to justice.
peoples perception of the boys in blue is at rock bottom at the moment and this latest will not help their cause.
yep and I for one am very angry at people who take the money but are not willing to do the job and those who are doing a good job are let down by those who don't,and if that makes me a toe rag then so be it ..............................unfortunately there a good few of us around and the number is growing daily

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're actually serious? Really?

Yes. If I see someone at football getting whacked by the police that's their business. Equally it's mine if I am (to take up with authorities post event). What exactly are YOU actually contributing by joining in? That's the trouble outside clubs often, you get loads of stupid tossers time and time again getting involved based on their (pissed) interpretation. "Leave 'im, ees dun nuffing!", when the camera crew have just recorded "him" being a fecking eeejet just a minute before.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
makes me wonder if those girls from Rotherham,Rochdale,Oxford are managing to deal with lifes shit or even if those officers of the law who turned their backs on them when they should have been breaking every sinue in their body to bring those shite to justice.
peoples perception of the boys in blue is at rock bottom at the moment and this latest will not help their cause.
yep and I for one am very angry at people who take the money but are not willing to do the job and those who are doing a good job are let down by those who don't,and if that makes me a toe rag then so be it ..............................unfortunately there a good few of us around and the number is growing daily
I'm sure some have and I'm sure some will never. Life is cruel to most, sure you've had your fair share as have I. I think it's also worth saying in this instance that the police didn't do the crimes, save your outrage for the actual criminals our police resources are stretched to breaking point having to deal with (just think of the number of new crimes the internet has spawned). Also, why get so angry about crime in another part of the world. Were you affected? Personally? If so, why and what are you actually doing about? I'm not being callous. It's just not your business. It's the families affected and the tax payers in South York etc.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm sure some have and I'm sure some will never. Life is cruel to most, sure you've had your fair share as have I. I think it's also worth saying in this instance that the police didn't do the crimes, save your outrage for the actual criminals our police resources are stretched to breaking point having to deal with (just think of the number of new crimes the internet has spawned). Also, why get so angry about crime in another part of the world. Were you affected? Personally? If so, why and what are you actually doing about? I'm not being callous. It's just not your business. It's the families affected and the tax payers in South York etc.

I am sorry but cannot believe you have just said that, not my business I am afraid its everyone's business.
it could be anyone's child who was standing there pleading with some bone idle lazy officer who could not give a fig and not just once but several times and even if it was the other side of the moon that officer did not do his job and in my eyes is as bad as those so called criminals simply because he allowed those scum the time to carry on the sordid crimes ...........and did nothing

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

they are there to uphold the law of the land
I asked this question at the C.C.C. to a load of MET police "would they nick a fellow officer if the knew and could prove another officer had broken the law".......I just got a blank look from all of them

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
not at all. If you gave details I could probably provide a reason or some context perhaps. Police are as potentially fallible as you and I in our jobs. If anything we are all incredibly stupid for expecting they're not. Not a reason to then dislike if receive rough justice in one situation.

Details? The police were on their way to Confront some hooligans 150 metres away , one of them decided to start swinging his truncheon early , he knew full well what he was doing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am sorry but cannot believe you have just said that, not my business I am afraid its everyone's business.
it could be anyone's child who was standing there pleading with some bone idle lazy officer who could not give a fig and not just once but several times and even if it was the other side of the moon that officer did not do his job and in my eyes is as bad as those so called criminals simply because he allowed those scum the time to carry on the sordid crimes ...........and did nothing

So you would assault a police officer to prevent what you saw as rough justice? And how does that help exactly, you being the self appointed sheriff and all that? What was the outcome in court btw? Presumably it went that far and you were first witness etc
?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Details? The police were on their way to Confront some hooligans 150 metres away , one of them decided to start swinging his truncheon early , he knew full well what he was doing.
So getting ready to be spat at, bricked, bottled etc. Potentially scared in other words? Alternatively it could have been that officer all police forces have who they keep back at the station unfed and raring to go for potential riots that comes out ready to hit anyone. My instinct is to get well away from trouble, knowing you may become collateral which is something the people loving the aggro atmosphere by proximity often fail to appreciate until to late. See it all the time in TV clips. Many England fans last summer for example.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Ignoring your pub rant about the 'professionally outraged' as it is such a cliche it's actually embarrassing, I'm sure we agree there are two types of officers the police could well do without - 1) Incompetent ones 2) Corrupt ones, same as any job.

Surely the quickest way for the police to identify officers that fall into those categories is from feedback from both their 'employers' and 'customers' - that's us. Especially given the completely understandable moral dilemma of officers policing themselves as described so well on this thread by [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] The less you have of either of the those types of officers, the better light the police is seen in, it's a virtuous circle.

If the police has problems processing, investigating and if neccessary acting upon feedback from its customers then I'd suggest that much the same as any public facing industry would have to, it needs to get its house into order. If it doesn't then I don't really understand the attitude of revulsion feedback seems to have on you.

And yes, maybe the criticism the police come in for is a little unfair but the stakes are high. Corrupt police and police that routinely make mistakes have the ability to ruin lives, hence the expectation of high standards. It's the same way a goalkeeper always gets over the top stick if they make a mistake as it generally results in a goal. But the OB know this, it comes with the territory.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here