Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry out for the season?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Horrible man but he's an outstanding centre-half. Watching him and Cahill park the bus last night was strangely entertaining.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
He'll bit fit for the final if they reach it. Don't see why Roy Hodgeson doesn't get down on his hands and knees and begs him to come back for the WC. Terry and Cahill are great together. Who else do you have?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He'll bit fit for the final if they reach it. Don't see why Roy Hodgeson doesn't get down on his hands and knees and begs him to come back for the WC. Terry and Cahill are great together. Who else do you have?

Jagielka isn't bad either but he's carrying an injury at the moment, nothing on Terry mind but I'm assuming it will be Cahill/Jagielka.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wouldn't want JT playing for Albion if he was on a free with no wages. Thankfully we'll never be given the option

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I certainly remember going away to ashton gate and seeing brighton play for a 0-0 as it was what we needed to do - wasn't a great game for either sets of fans but everyone knew that we had too much to lose by gambling for the win.

No idea why everyone believes all the tabloid rubbish written about the Terry's and when everyone knows its half-lies at best. I shop at the brooklands M&S store that Terry's mum supposedly was stealing clothes from and it seemed a very different story - just a genuine mistake which plenty of shoppers make as you walk between stores and the M&S didn't have its own tag sensor. The vitroil given to John Terry just seems ridiculous -yep, he cheated on his wife, he said some nasty words to ferdinand - but to call him a racist does seem a little OTT considering how he idolised desailly etc. I've heard secondhand that hes a really good and involved father -so hardly the scum of the earth. There really is far worse out there in the world than him.

Stumpy Tim

I certainly remember going away to ashton gate and seeing brighton play for a 0-0 as it was what we needed to do - wasn't a great game for either sets of fans but everyone knew that we had too much to lose by gambling for the win.

No idea why everyone believes all the tabloid rubbish written about the Terry's and when everyone knows its half-lies at best. I shop at the brooklands M&S store that Terry's mum supposedly was stealing clothes from and it seemed a very different story - just a genuine mistake which plenty of shoppers make as you walk between stores and the M&S didn't have its own tag sensor. The vitroil given to John Terry just seems ridiculous -yep, he cheated on his wife, he said some nasty words to ferdinand - but to call him a racist does seem a little OTT considering how he idolised desailly etc. I've heard secondhand that hes a really good and involved father -so hardly the scum of the earth. There really is far worse out there in the world than him.

My mate owns the club where he was done for bottling the bouncer. Let me assure you, he's an utter PR1CK

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wouldn't want JT playing for Albion if he was on a free with no wages. Thankfully we'll never be given the option

??? Seriously? You wouldn't want one of the best centre halves this country has produced because of his behaviour off the pitch? I always find the stuff aimed at John Terry strange, he's done some stupid stuff in his personal life but doesn't take away from his footballing ability, don't see the relevance to it. Don't hear people going on about what 'saint' Ryan Giggs did.

Utter dickhead off the pitch, probably but a superb defender and great leader.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

I can't comment on the m&s thing or the racism, but I know for a fact how he tried it on with many teenage girls in our area, whilst married. One of which was my gf.

Whilst my gf was at uni she waitressed in pizza express in Esher. Terry would go in their with his family and whilst paying for the bill ask for my girlfriends number. He eventually got her number off another waitress. He then constantly called and my gf had to change her number. I think he's a c**t.

I don't rate him much as a play personally but regardless of how good he was I couldn't bare him lifting any trophy for this country especially after the stature of the last man to lift a trophy for this country.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Having been out, and in proximity to him on a night out, let me assure you he is a total cockwomble of the highest order. The way he treats staff in places is disgraceful - the absolute epitome of the geezerish "lad banter" essex twats that football seems to be breeding at the moment.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think he has retired? Besides, the FA cannot take a racist to Brazil.

Can they not though?
Spain won it with a racist manager, and the Uraguayuan racist will be going and get Player of the Season here.
If we let people with criminal charges hanging over them, it seems odd not to let someone who has been punished not play for your country.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Was thinking it was just me feeling that way.

The guys still our best center half, and plays alongside our second best center half (Cahill) week in week out, and has kept clean sheets against some of the best sides in Europe in the Champions League. He may well be an absolute t*sspot, but i'd far rather have him in the side than Chris Smalling..

If we want to win anything, we need Terry in the squad all the time he's our best center half, which he still is. Roy should be on the phone pleading IMO.

It hasn't worked in the past as far as winning anything -

sad thing is - without him I can't see us winning anything either

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the only football forum I go on so I cannot comment on what the others are saying but one thing has always struck me about NSC reaction to him is that it is one of utter contempt.
Why ?
I've parked in a disabled bay in a supermarket by the way.
Or is just the racist bit ?

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Jagielka isn't bad either but he's carrying an injury at the moment, nothing on Terry mind but I'm assuming it will be Cahill/Jagielka.

England fans have no right to be moaning this year when they get knocked out in group stages if Jagielka's all they got. No disrespect to the player, i actually quite like him. But as you said he's no Terry. I'd nearly have Caulker ahead of him, bag a goal or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
hardly the scum of the earth. There really is far worse out there in the world than him.

Jimmy Saville? Peter Sutcliffe? Myra Hindly?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Jimmy Saville? Peter Sutcliffe? Myra Hindly?

Well there wasn't any outrage when people were saying Ravel Morrison should get a call-up.
I'd say two counts of witness intimdation, domestic violence and homophobic threats are a little worse than using the word 'black' in a child-like, sweary exchange between him and another player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well there wasn't any outrage when people were saying Ravel Morrison should get a call-up.
I'd say two counts of witness intimdation, domestic violence and homophobic threats are a little worse than using the word 'black' in a child-like, sweary exchange between him and another player.

"should get a call up" - there is little point getting outraged about something which hasnt happened eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And Mr Morrison does seem to have turned his life around....a quick scan of the internet reveals (he also plays for QPR so I doubt a call-up is on the cards). Whilst Terry still seems to be the big indignant tool he has always been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here