Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] White poppy?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't get me wrong, I can see it from that side of things. But some of those humans had the intention to kill countless innocent people because of their beliefs. I think the world will be much better off without those people and won't be showing any sign of mourning them.

The great majority of the people who actually did the killing, did it because they had no choice, they were ordered to, not because they wanted to do it. That applies to servicemen of both sides, in all wars.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Are there any blue poppies, so I can wear blue-and-white with pride? ...or even red-white-and-blue to show complete patriotism!

Seriously, though, it doesn't have to be just one or the other: there's nothing wrong with wearing a red poppy to honour/thank our veterans, in conjunction with a white poppy to say that we really don't want to have to go through another World War if we can avoid it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a weird argument this. I always thought the red poppy was in remembrance of everyone :shrug:

I've got nothing against the white poppy, but I find a bit irritating their implication that I'm supporting or glorifying violence if I buy a red poppy.

Remember everyone, but give the money to a good charity like the Legion. I'm sure other countries have their own version for people to support.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally I will be wearing red but have no qualms about anyone that wants to remember the dead on all sides by wearing something different. Think it is a bit of a fatuous argument that they are honouring enemies that were trying to kill our troops. As others have said, in the world wars, the Falklands and many other conflicts, the majority that died were there because they were conscripted to do so, on both sides.

Also it is ridiculous to suggest that by wearing the white poppy you are honouring ISIS dead, don't think anyone sees it as that.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I am reliably informed that the RBL will accept the old pound coins so if you've a couple lying about, where better to get rid ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
it doesn't have to be just one or the other: there's nothing wrong with wearing a red poppy to honour/thank our veterans, in conjunction with a white poppy to say that we really don't want to have to go through another World War if we can avoid it.

I normally wear both for that very reason (when I say 'wear' I mean I put them on my coat but they've normally fallen off within the hour; the next day, I'll buy some more ....)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
rbl.jpg

This says it all,for me.It's not compulsory.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
White poppy = PC Bollocks from a bunch of *****. Wearing a Poppy is a mark of respect for people who gave their lives and or were injured. In the main poor working class men who had very little or no choice. The first person who tells me I'm a warmonger for wearing one and supporting these people it is likely to have their own personal war about 2 seconds later...

What is it with people who have to disparage genuine and well intentioned sacrifice to make a sad political point? Respect for the people who served the country is an entirely different thing to supporting say the war in Iraq, one is duty, the other is a corrupt decision made by governments. How difficult is it to see the difference?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
White poppy = PC Bollocks from a bunch of *****. Wearing a Poppy is a mark of respect for people who gave their lives and or were injured. In the main poor working class men who had very little or no choice. The first person who tells me I'm a warmonger for wearing one and supporting these people it is likely to have their own personal war about 2 seconds later...

What is it with people who have to disparage genuine and well intentioned sacrifice to make a sad political point? Respect for the people who served the country is an entirely different thing to supporting say the war in Iraq, one is duty, the other is a corrupt decision made by governments. How difficult is it to see the difference?

What pretentious garbage.

Where has it been said that wearers of the white poppy aren't showing respect for the dead?

As for your warmongering comment, can you spot the irony?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Britain First has put me off the red poppy somewhat, but then I stopped wearing one around the time it seemed to become compulsory in the media anyway.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
What about our troops who are trying to kill other people? I love how the media brainwashes people that our guys must be by definition brave, wonderful good guys and anyone on another side is an evil, sadistic, murdering brute.

What an utterly ridiculous and pathetic comment.
More concerned with defending the enemy than getting behind our troops who are doing their job following orders because you think it’s ‘right on’ to slag of our country!
You are nothing but a disgrace and if you dislike our troops and this country so much, please feel free to f&£koff and live in another country.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What an utterly ridiculous and pathetic comment.
More concerned with defending the enemy than getting behind our troops who are doing their job following orders because you think it’s ‘right on’ to slag of our country!
You are nothing but a disgrace and if you dislike our troops and this country so much, please feel free to f&£koff and live in another country.

Where did I say I hate our troops and where did I slag off our country? I totally respect them for what they do but as I was pointing out, troops of other countries are 'doing their job and following orders too'. Oh and I have lived in other countries for the last 4 years thanks, maybe you should try it to learn about other cultures.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The lefties replies on here are, sadly, all too predictable.

Like many of my leftie friends, they are mad. It's gone beyond a parody of themselves these days.

I shall buy a BHA red poppy badge on Sunday and wear it with pride.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
does anyone on here wear/buy one?

Pathetic and disrespectful.

Nothing but some politically correct bullshit that shows nothing but contempt for the purpose and meaning of wearing the poppy because the dicks think it’s ‘right on’ to slag off British Troops but try and justify it by trying to deflect any moral argument by inventing some lefty bullshit of sypmpathising with the enemy as well. Nothing but fvcking traitors with no morals or respect of British Soldiers past and present!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Where did I say I hate our troops and where did I slag off our country? I totally respect them for what they do but as I was pointing out, troops of other countries are 'doing their job and following orders too'. Oh and I have lived in other countries for the last 4 years thanks, maybe you should try it to learn about other cultures.

Don’t make me laugh.
“What about our troops who are trying to kill other people”... bloody heroes the lot of them.
And the fact that you are even bothered about enemy troops sums up how pathetic you are!
And quite what the hell living abroad or learning about other cultures has absolutely anything to do with how pathetic and disrespectful those white poppy’s are I don’t know!

Last edited:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here