Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't there a young, neglected striker wasting away at Bristol Rovers waiting for a phone call from the Albion?

Or does that sort of speculative gamble never pay off?
Well there was that rumour of the young, neglected Paraguayan striker wasting away at some Spanish team.
Who knows, we may have called him.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My son, who was born 3 months before we sold Zamora, has been reading this thread. Whilst he's been wanting someone (anyone) who could make more of an impression than the majority of our strikers in the 150 or so games he's seen so far, he's asked just what was the obsession with Zamora!?

So I've just made him watch the Zamora DVD showing 83 goals over 3 and a bit seasons.

Afterwards , I gave this a rider and said that such a feat would not be forthcoming again from the player... but if Zamora even managed a small portion of what he brought to us before, it would be worth every penny of my lad's season ticket (that I pay for!)

How often do we get to see living legends?

I tell you my friends, I'd be well made up if this comes off!
Just imagine the feeling after that first goal from Bobby Zamora at the Amex... even if we were getting tonked it'd still be something very special.

The playing side needs a filip. .This could be it .

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't there a young, neglected striker wasting away at Bristol Rovers waiting for a phone call from the Albion?

Or does that sort of speculative gamble never pay off?

If there was, and we'd been linked, the NSC consensus would be that as he's from a lower league, he's not good enough and it shows a lack of ambition from the club. All of thiis despite no-one ever having seen the lad kick a ball.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I rarely get excited by a player's name or history. The potential of Zamora signing hasn't changed that, I doubt him officially signing would either. I will judge him by what he produces when he plays, not on who he is.

I don't know if that general philosophy is responsible for this thought, but, will he really mean that much? The people who were fans when he was with us largely already have their season tickets. If they are the sort to buy a shirt, they will do regardless. Is the number of people out there who haven't got a ticket, but will buy one for Bobby, or who weren't going to buy a shirt, but will do now they can put Bobby's name on it really that significant?

Were you asleep or supporting Palace 15 years ago, missing Bobby topping the League 1 charts by 7 (£100 @ 25/1) and being only man since Defoe to score 10 FL games running (& none since) leading us To B2B titles?
Your bland, unenthusiastic commentary says much about you as a person & how little you actually care about the Albion and its heroes

I rarely get excited by a player's name or history. The potential of Zamora signing hasn't changed that, I doubt him officially signing would either. I will judge him by what he produces when he plays, not on who he is.

I don't know if that general philosophy is responsible for this thought, but, will he really mean that much? The people who were fans when he was with us largely already have their season tickets. If they are the sort to buy a shirt, they will do regardless. Is the number of people out there who haven't got a ticket, but will buy one for Bobby, or who weren't going to buy a shirt, but will do now they can put Bobby's name on it really that significant?

You can rejoice in the fact that you have now joined the long list of miserable sods who post on here.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Were you asleep or supporting Palace 15 years ago, missing Bobby topping the League 1 charts by 7 (£100 @ 25/1) and being only man since Defoe to score 10 FL games running (& none since) leading us To B2B titles?
Your bland, unenthusiastic commentary says much about you as a person & how little you actually care about the Albion and its heroes

Aftertimer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My son, who was born 3 months before we sold Zamora, has been reading this thread. Whilst he's been wanting someone (anyone) who could make more of an impression than the majority of our strikers in the 150 or so games he's seen so far, he's asked just what was the obsession with Zamora!?

So I've just made him watch the Zamora DVD showing 83 goals over 3 and a bit seasons.

Afterwards , I gave this a rider and said that such a feat would not be forthcoming again from the player... but if Zamora even managed a small portion of what he brought to us before, it would be worth every penny of my lad's season ticket (that I pay for!)

How often do we get to see living legends?

I tell you my friends, I'd be well made up if this comes off!
Just imagine the feeling after that first goal from Bobby Zamora at the Amex... even if we were getting tonked it'd still be something very special.

The playing side needs a filip. .This could be it .
This post and all those like it are what's troubling me.

The only thing Bobby Zamora has in common with OUR Bobby Zamora is they share the same name.
This blind faith in the past and 1 goal v West Brom is completely ignoring the clear and obvious decline in Bobby's footballing abilities.
Which is there for all to see when looking at games played, goals scored & assists.

I hope you are prepared for the possible huge disappointment felt by your son as he sees one glorious goal in August and half a dozen substitute appearance.
While a bunch of fans, who make Real Madrid supporters look level headed, bay for blood and chant 'what a waste of money'.

I desperately want to be massively wrong, and will genuinely love to have my posts on this thread rammed down my throat in May. (not September)
But there's nothing to suggest that'll happen, and the best we can hope for is a draw between the 2 factions.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its a gamble, thats for sure. You just have to look at Andrew Johnson at Palace to see that.

We have to get Baldock scoring the goals he is capable of. I don't think Zamora will be the prolific player he was the first time round, but instead could be as important being the support player to Baldock.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

The only thing Bobby Zamora has in common with OUR Bobby Zamora is they share the same name.
This blind faith in the past and 1 goal v West Brom is completely ignoring the clear and obvious decline in Bobby's footballing abilities.
Which is there for all to see when looking at games played, goals scored & assists.

I hope you are prepared for the possible huge disappointment felt by your son as he sees one glorious goal in August and half a dozen substitute appearance.
While a bunch of fans, who make Real Madrid supporters look level headed, bay for blood and chant 'what a waste of money'.

I desperately want to be massively wrong, and will genuinely love to have my posts on this thread rammed down my throat in May. (not September)
But there's nothing to suggest that'll happen, and the best we can hope for is a draw between the 2 factions.
To be fair I thought my post was tempered with a sensible mix of optimism, realism, caution and hope.

I tend to save my negativity for when hope is extinguished.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll attend more games, my son will want a Zamora shirt.
Good stuff.

I'm already on record a pledging to get a Zamora 25 shirt if he signs, ( won't bother with one otherwise ), and buying 1 EXTRA pint at each home game to toast him, to do my bit to make the finance less painful for Barber.

Football needs heros for me. We have a legend in Calde, but we never replaced the talisman aspect of Leo when he left.

Time to do that now.

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Good stuff.

I'm already on record a pledging to get a Zamora 25 shirt if he signs, ( won't bother with one otherwise ), and buying 1 EXTRA pint at each home game to toast him, to do my bit to make the finance less painful for Barber.

Football needs heros for me. We have a legend in Calde, but we never replaced the talisman aspect of Leo when he left.

Time to do that now.

Today's the day bravo victor. Keep your mince pies locked on NSC until close of play at 2400hrs today and Bozza will have delivered you your man. #good times

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
BZ would bring several things to the club, firstly revenue. I think he would sell a lot of shirts and seats. Secondly he is a goalscorer and a provider, he would bring all his experience into the dressing room for all the other strikers in the squad, I think he would be a great help to the forward line. Lastly look at Kevin Phillips, he was still scoring goals into his late 30s and look what he has done at Leicester since going in as a coach for the strikers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Today's the day bravo victor. Keep your mince pies locked on NSC until close of play at 2400hrs today and Bozza will have delivered you your man. #good times
Excellent.

I'll be checking on the hour, and on the half hour as news embagos won't be lifted at random times like 3:17, right ?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
This thread shows what Zamora's return would bring for us - excitement, romance, passion, anticipation. For the team he'd' bring experience, talent, authority, leadership. Here's another pledge to buy a 'Zamora 25' shirt. I would be so happy if this happens. Bring Bobby Home!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'll feel a genuine thrill if BZ signed for us again. Watching that compilation of his goals again reminded me what an intelligent footballer he is - always one step ahead of defenders around him.

But hand on heart I'd rather it didn't happen. At this stage of career, I fear some occasional flashes is the best he'll be able to show and I'd rather remember the original.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good stuff.

Time to do that now.

Has anybody considered the fact that the 25 shirt is currently filled, maybe that's the reason for the delay

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

That's such bullshit. His a better player now then he was in 2003 when he left us.

For the past 12 years his played predominately in the top flight, has played in a European final, scored two playoff winning goals and has 2 caps for England. His game has evolved and his become a great target man able to link play with intelligence and guile.

2003 and before he was more exciting but his first spell at Spurs didn't go well probably because he was a flat track bully against average defenders. By developing his game his carved out a good career in the higher echelons of English football.

His career peaked the season of Fulham's Europa cup run but I still think a fit Zamora of today is a better player than the one that played at Grimsby away in 2003.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has anybody considered the fact that the 25 shirt is currently filled, maybe that's the reason for the delay
It makes sense now.

They still have to finish the video for seagulls.co.uk of Kaz delivering a wrapped gift ( Zamora 25 shirt as it turns out ) to a mystery player (BZ) , for it all to be dramatically revealed at the end :rock:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here