Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much BUSINESS will we do on transfer deadline day?

How many bits of BUSINESS will we do on transfer deadline day?

• None - we've done our business early. There's nothing to see here

Votes: 23 12.9%

Votes: 16 9.0%

Votes: 40 22.5%

Votes: 35 19.7%

Votes: 26 14.6%

Votes: 17 9.6%

Votes: 8 4.5%

Votes: 5 2.8%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not doing that. As I say - I don't look at twitter much and I don't look at the Argus site much as it's an utter abomination IMO.

And you're twisting my words in a way that disappoints me. I thought you were better than that.

But, frankly, I'm not going to enter an argument about it. I think Andy has a very difficult job, for reasons you've stated and more besides. I wouldn't want to have to fill column inches (and web pages) with the volume of well-crafted content he does day in and day out. I had a brief stab for a while on here and it's bloody hard.

You're right. Not fair.
Apologies. I've deleted from my original post.

Last edited:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The football is the only sane bit of the Argus.

The 'news' section is a joke. Cheapskate articles, with deliberately stirring headlines to entice clicks and warfare in the comments - of cyclist vs driver, left vs right, Greens vs Labour, nimbles vs housing proponents.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has gone off in a ridiculous tangent. The NSC way, I guess.

Given the history of the Albion, it would clearly be ridiculous to describe tomorrow as a defining day in the timeline of this club, but it's pretty key isn't it? The Championship is an utter bitch to escape from and we don't want to go back there. But if tomorrow goes badly, we'll be an even shorter price than we are currently, which is favourites given Huddersfield's annoying start.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Chances are whatever business we do tomorrow will be woefully inadequate. :shrug: #enjoytheride

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015

Given the history of the Albion, it would clearly be ridiculous to describe tomorrow as a defining day in the timeline of this club, but it's pretty key isn't it? The Championship is an utter bitch to escape from and we don't want to go back there. But if tomorrow goes badly, we'll be an even shorter price than we are currently, which is favourites given Huddersfield's annoying start.
Doomed..... I can't see it any other way, even if we assume we get 2 or 3 barrel scrapings tomorrow. What a shame after all those years of waiting and trying.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

As a bare minimum, two new quality strikers with pace will give CH the tools to give us a fighting chance with say nine other clubs in the mix.

Without that, hard work, togetherness and a decent defence, won't be enough across the 35 games in a punishing division full of bloody good and experienced players.

Less than 24 hours to find out where we stand for the season ahead.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We could certainly do with getting a striker in, no-one is in any doubt about that. Do you know what? I think our recruitment team are actually trying to do that. Heresy, I know, on NSC - but I really do think they knew that before we told them...........
But what's this obsession that some people have about getting in a right back? Yes, of course, at any time we can get in better players than what we've got, we should - but at RB we've got Bruno and Rosenior - more than enough to see us through to January at the very, very least. A better RB has go to be way down on our list of priorities.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He is very good at criticising others ideas/suggestions without ever coming up with any of his own.
And he is excellent at slagging off fans for speculating in a void of actual information.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps more a consequence of hope over expectation, I've gone for 6: 4 in, 2 out.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
One Striker in is a must, not sure why we need 2, as we have Murray, Baldock, Hemed, plus Gross, Brown and Izzy can play up front, and looks like we are only playing one up there anyway, so would be happy with a quality signing. Not sure we are needing much more apart from
A third keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here