Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum Monday!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
2 tickets going if this is true, utter plastic and crap, what is our club coming to, this is worst than the clackers. Mr Barber and Perry please keep your word as you will lose loads of fans, pathetic Brighton after all we have battled over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a grip. Are you actually saying that you would give up your tickets if we have a drum?! Even if some fans don't approve anyone who would be 'lost' because we had a drum are not worth having.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's clearly going to be divisive. I fully understand that and why it's the case.

All I can say is that from the guys that are interested in being with the drum, they absolute do not want to have a drum that is constantly banging away aside from any singing. They want it to be integrated with existing singing, trying to bring all fans into the same song at the same time and maintain a uniform pace.

Everyone singing the same thing at the same time sounds good to me, but I completely get the concern.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think a drum would deffo help the atmosphere, it doesn't have to be bashed for the full 90mins, only when songs require it, #DRUMIN

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
2 tickets going if this is true, utter plastic and crap, what is our club coming to, this is worst than the clackers. Mr Barber and Perry please keep your word as you will lose loads of fans, pathetic Brighton after all we have battled over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop being pathetic, you are going to turn your back on the club in a play off semi final because there is a drum there?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All I can say is that from the guys that are interested in being with the drum, they absolute do not want to have a drum that is constantly banging away aside from any singing. They want it to be integrated with existing singing, trying to bring all fans into the same song at the same time and maintain a uniform pace.

That is reassuring. There's nothing worse than hearing a lack of atmosphere described as 'amazing' and a 'cauldron' when most the sound is a drum banging away*.

*See palace*

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
gif-drummer-alexis-von-kraven.gif

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So a couple of people on a forum get together with club links and we then end up having to endure a poxy drum. It is not wanted by all the fans so why do a pocket of people get to enforce this shit on the rest of us. I remember Brighton fans mocking and chanting against plastic clubs that had drums in the past now we are going to have our own.

Not happy about it at all

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Where's the drum going to go in North stand? Apparently different groups can't hear the songs being sung, until the club sorts out dedicated blocks as discussed last summer, that situation still exists.

Thats bullshit, that's just different groups' ego's talking. You can always hear the other songs in the North, regardless of where you stand, some people / groups just don't want to hear it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So a couple of people on a forum get together with club links and we then end up having to endure a poxy drum. It is not wanted by all the fans so why do a pocket of people get to enforce this shit on the rest of us. I remember Brighton fans mocking and chanting against plastic clubs that had drums in the past now we are going to have our own.

Virtually all of the best atmospheres in world football have a drum. I don't see the problem with us giving it a go once, to see if it works for us.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Some might feel the same regarding the current clamour for 'safe standing'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Virtually all of the best atmospheres in world football have a drum. I don't see the problem with us giving it a go once, to see if it works for us.

At least it will give us something to blame if it all goes horribly wrong... like the clackers last time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
At least it will give us something to blame if it all goes horribly wrong... like the clackers last time.

Exactly. If not we'll have to blame Wilson.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Germany is consistently held up as an example of this and having watched a few bundesliga games live there is a good amount of noise from be area immediately around the drum but the rest of the stadium is hardly a cauldron of noise. We forget that in Germany far more beer is consumed as you can have a beer in your seat (a change I would back) which no doubt contributes to the atmosphere.

I am not alone in this opinion I have been to many grounds that have a drum and the drone is really irritating. If fans don't sing without a drum they are not going to start just because someone is tapping away. If anything it is a feeble solution to mask the lack of chanting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here