Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well Aaron Rodgers finally turns up and shows what a quality QB he is. Too good for the Redskins sadly. Congrats to Green Bay, best team won. Still a great season from the Skins, the played their hearts out. Looking forward to the offseason now where we finally have a decent base to build on. HTTR!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well Aaron Rodgers finally turns up and shows what a quality QB he is. Too good for the Redskins sadly. Congrats to Green Bay, best team won. Still a great season from the Skins, the played their hearts out. Looking forward to the offseason now where we finally have a decent base to build on. HTTR!
The choker for the 'Skins must be the knowledge that they could/should have all but won the game in the first quarter.

As much as it was all over by the time Rodgers left the field laughing, it was definitely all over then.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bloody 'skins can't do anything right.

I'm now going to have to stay up for the 3rd quarter, instead of going to bed after the first.

I went to bed after the first wondering if failing to convert first and goal from the half yard line would be a game changer. Guess it was.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to bed after the first wondering if failing to convert first and goal from the half yard line would be a game changer. Guess it was.....
It was and it wasn't.

GB did nothing in that first quarter, literally nothing.
Irrespective of that failure the 'Skins should have finished the quarter 21 - 0 instead of 28 - 0.
Throughout the game they still had decent chances.

Had Brady or Rodgers been playing for the 'Skins, it would have been all over, very very early.
That's not having a go at Kirk, but highlighting relative stature.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The choker for the 'Skins must be the knowledge that they could/should have all but won the game in the first quarter.

As much as it was all over by the time Rodgers left the field laughing, it was definitely all over then.

Well maybe. I think it just showed who the Redskins are at the moment. A decent team good enough to beat bad teams but not quite there when it comes to overcoming the top tier teams. Excellent season for us and with another Scott McCloughan off season to look forward too the future is looking a little brighter in DC for a while.

Rodgers was great yesterday. he showed great composure to come back from a poor start.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well maybe. I think it just showed who the Redskins are at the moment. A decent team good enough to beat bad teams but not quite there when it comes to overcoming the top tier teams. Excellent season for us and with another Scott McCloughan off season to look forward too the future is looking a little brighter in DC for a while.

Rodgers was great yesterday. he showed great composure to come back from a poor start.

Like the vikings Washington can hopefully grow from this experience

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Think the Pats will just shade it against the Steelers, and Seahawks against the Cardinals

Jul 7, 2003

Assuming you are talking about Cousins as part of your base, I wouldn't get too hopeful yet as it looks like he will test out free agency to get himself the best deal now he is out of contract.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Here's a question for you chaps. Have any of you noticed an increase in interest in the NFL in this country since the International Series started? Has there been a noticeable increase in people wearing merchandise (not generic Raiders gear from JD), are you finding more people that have taken an interest in the game? Is the profile of NFL on the rise, and do you see there being enough interest for a franchise over here?

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Here's a question for you chaps. Have any of you noticed an increase in interest in the NFL in this country since the International Series started? Has there been a noticeable increase in people wearing merchandise (not generic Raiders gear from JD), are you finding more people that have taken an interest in the game? Is the profile of NFL on the rise, and do you see there being enough interest for a franchise over here?
Interest yes, a few of my friends have started watching,originally because of the international series, they now go to those games and are huge fans, a couple even came out to Atlanta with me back in November for the buccs game. I personally havnt noticed a increase in people wearing NFL merchandise around and about. But I always wear my Falcons hat and it's great when other NFL fans spot it and come chat NFL with me.

My view on the franchise, would be great, I would go to maybe a couple of games especially if London where playing any of the Falcons divisional rivals, BUT Falcons will always be my number 1 team no matter what!!! #Riseup

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Saw a bloke in a Jaguars hat last week. He certainly wasn't a glory hunter, as you'll know only too well, so maybe he was converted by the International Series.

Personally I think a UK franchise would be a mistake, but I'd love to be wrong and would certainly go to a few games.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Saw a bloke in a Jaguars hat last week. He certainly wasn't a glory hunter, as you'll know only too well, so maybe he was converted by the International Series.

Personally I think a UK franchise would be a mistake, but I'd love to be wrong and would certainly go to a few games.

What type of hat and where was this said poor Jags fan?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Assuming you are talking about Cousins as part of your base, I wouldn't get too hopeful yet as it looks like he will test out free agency to get himself the best deal now he is out of contract.

He may test the market, but Snyder has the money to cover any offer and he could franchise Cousins if need be. A lot of cap space available in Washington for a change, now we have recovered from the Mara/Goodell inspired theft of a few years ago. QB is not a position the Skins need to concern themselves with, Kirk is the man and he'll get paid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I can only speak for myself but the thing that got me back in to it was finally submitting and getting Sky, ironically for the cricket and The Championship rather than NFL. Channel 4 got me in to NFL in the 80s and I became a huge fan of the Bears. You could say glory hunter but in Peyton they had the best RB I've ever seen, in McMahon the most rebellious QB plus a lineman who was the size of several houses. What wasn't to like? Plus I was mates with your brother (I think you said you were Adrian's brother anyway) and did some junior B52 sessions and watched a lot of their games.

when C4 lost the rights to Sky coincided with me realising I was the most hopeless player there was on the planet and I drifted away. Then when I moved to Asia all the games were on a Monday morning when i was at work and I finally lost interest.

Got back in to it this season massively and have watched pretty much all the early games as well as Bears highlights on the web. However, I quite want to go to a game in England now, rather than that being the spark that drew me back in.

Franchise would be a mistake IMO. I've only ever followed the Bears and I like the "foreign-ness" of the games - the accents and colloquialisms of the commentators, the fact you can move from a game played in -20C to one indoors or in Florida. A UK franchise would lose some of that for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here