Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fidel Castro dead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The critics in Cuba were in prison and/or faced the firing squads. The US government couldn't do anything because Cuba was being bankrolled by the Russians much the same way as Assad is in Syria right now.

The Yanks are used to always getting their man eventually, see Hussain,Osama bin Laden, Gaddafii..... must really have irked them having Castro in their back yard all those years.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The Yanks are used to always getting their man eventually, see Hussain,Osama bin Laden, Gaddafii..... must really have irked them having Castro in their back yard all those years.
Oh , didn't realise that made him a nice bloke.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I get the feeling that many on the left's selective condemnation of Israel would quickly evaporate if they could just see (Comrade) Benjamin Netanyahu wearing a red star sticking two fingers up to the US.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I get the feeling that many on the left's selective condemnation of Israel would quickly evaporate if they could just see (Comrade) Benjamin Netanyahu wearing a red star sticking two fingers up to the US.

I'm on the right and I condemn Israel, horrible bullying country.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
people getting a bit obsessed about what Trump does or doesn't do, sees or speaks to. he isnt a head of state yet and so wouldn't be expected to attend nor be invited.

Yes he would effectively Obama is a lame-duck President, only able to perform honoraray duties and since the House of Representataives and the Senate are both Republican and would block anything else he could try. Trump effectively runs the USA now.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
i think you'll find Maggie had the raving hump with Ronnie for invading Grenada without so much as a by your leave to the British government

I thought Maggie DREAMED of humping with Ronnie..she was like a little schoolgirl trying to get an autograph when she met him in front of the cameras.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
RIP to a political Icon. He will have alienated and inspired in equal measure over his lifetime with as many critics as supporters. Such is the way with people who are in power in " Interesting Times" . Still he must go down in history as the only national leader the U.S. Government was unable to coerce,bribe,assassinate or remove from power. That must irk them !

Wonder if the reason for so many attempts to get rid of him revolved by his total elimination of the Mafia interests in the country. Havana before Castro was run by the Mafia and their loss of this offshore haven no doubt led to the rise of Las Vegas as an alternative. Plus, of course, Miami where all the celebrations now going on will grate with the Lations in Haiti and elsewhere.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I thought Maggie DREAMED of humping with Ronnie..she was like a little schoolgirl trying to get an autograph when she met him in front of the cameras.

Not the way I remember it, very much a genuine relationship of equals.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thatcher liked Ronald because the men in her own cabinet didn't take her seriously and bullied her into policies and actions such as the Falklands. He liked the old crow for some reason and always showed her respect and a good time.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thatcher liked Ronald because the men in her own cabinet didn't take her seriously and bullied her into policies and actions such as Falklands. I am lead to believe she was basically told by her cabinet to go to war or they would never be voted back in as the public confidence in the Tory party was low. He liked the old crow for some reason and always showed her respect and a good time.

Thatcher bullied by her cabinet ? You're on Persians:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thatcher liked Ronald because the men in her own cabinet didn't take her seriously and bullied her into policies and actions such as the Falklands. He liked the old crow for some reason and always showed her respect and a good time.

It was the opposite. She wanted to take action over the Falklands against the advice of the 'wets' such as Pym and Nott.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was the opposite. She wanted to take action over the Falklands against the advice of the 'wets' such as Pym and Nott.

That is the known story. An article, and I will try and find it, I read maybe about 5 years ago explores the rumours that she didn't want to go and defend The Falklands saying something like she didn't care about a rock on the other side of the planet but her cabinet strongly advised her the public had an appetite for this war and to not intervene would be career suicide, ending her leadership.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is the known story. An article, and I will try and find it, I read maybe about 5 years ago explores the rumours that she didn't want to go and defend The Falklands saying something like she didn't care about a rock on the other side of the planet but her cabinet strongly advised her the public had an appetite for this war and to not intervene would be career suicide, ending her leadership.

She had doubts but sought good advice from Harold McMillan.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/t...-s-fears-over-falklands-invasion-8565896.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here