Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So if Trump wins next Tuesday will all the liberal lefties bang on and on about a re-vote?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So you think your comments regarding the vote result were well thought out? You were simply having a strop because you don't like Brexit. All that about 60% didn't vote Brexit, you well know that our governments are elected in very similar situations. If you were seriously trying to make a point, then I take back that remark and apologise. However, if you were simply petulant then my remark holds.

So, by pointing out that 60% of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit I'm having a strop? 6 out of 10 people didn't vote for it. You can call me petulant, stroppy and anything under the sun but you can't change that fact. Sure, that also means that just as many people didn't vote remain but it calls into question our electoral system and how democratic it actually is.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So, by pointing out that 60% of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit I'm having a strop? 6 out of 10 people didn't vote for it. You can call me petulant, stroppy and anything under the sun but you can't change that fact. Sure, that also means that just as many people didn't vote remain but it calls into question our electoral system and how democratic it actually is.
When you put it like that, strop was the wrong word and I am sorry. I think you are wrong though as it seems to me that you are mixing democracy with majority.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If Parliament votes not to invoke article 50, will the Brexiteers be happy that the sovereignty of British Parliament is intact, and get over it, move on, make the best of it etc.?
Not really as there was a democratic mandate for Brexit. We did not elect MPs on the issue of the EU problem. Parliament has every right to scrutinise and object to things they don't like in our approach to leaving, but they don't have the right to change the referendum result which stands and will happen.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Haha, I had privately wondered if leavers were pro Trump, thanks for clearing that up.
Don't listen to him. I am a leaver but I cannot stand Trump. The man is a complete fool, he's dangerous as well. I dislike Clinton almost as much. There's not much of a choice is there?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Don't listen to him. I am a leaver but I cannot stand Trump. The man is a complete fool, he's dangerous as well. I dislike Clinton almost as much. There's not much of a choice is there?

Yeah sorry, couldn't resist that, your also right about the choice in the election but I'd choose Clinton over Trump every day of the week, he is a complete nutter and i lived in the USA when Reagan was president.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah sorry, couldn't resist that, your also right about the choice in the election but I'd choose Clinton over Trump every day of the week, he is a complete nutter and i lived in the USA when Reagan was president.
There are times when I listen to Trump and occasionally he will say something I like, those moments do not last long though. He always strays away from sense and into madness. He must be a nightmare to work for, his campaign team have an interesting time I'm sure. He is such a loose cannon. Clinton is so establishment. She will do as she's told I'm sure.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What, so they don't matter? You say convenient I say factual.

Of course it is convenient and lazy logic. You have just lumped those who did not vote with what you want to believe their intentions were, without any evidence whatsoever as to their preference, had they bothered. You may be right in that those who did not turn up, might have been remainers, and thus not happy with Brexit, but as you well know, you have no proof of this. It could just as easily be the opposite, given that the polls all predicted a narrow remain win, and thus those who favoured Brexit did not bother.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There are times when I listen to Trump and occasionally he will say something I like, those moments do not last long though. He always strays away from sense and into madness. He must be a nightmare to work for, his campaign team have an interesting time I'm sure. He is such a loose cannon. Clinton is so establishment. She will do as she's told I'm sure.

Almost. Clinton is so establishment. They will do as she tells them I'm sure.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If Parliament votes not to invoke article 50, will the Brexiteers be happy that the sovereignty of British Parliament is intact, and get over it, move on, make the best of it etc.?

It's looking increasingly likely that Parliament (rightly in my opinion) will debate the issue and determine the criteria to be agreed in order that we leave; major things like free trade, free movement etc. These will prove difficult, if not impossible, to agree with the rest of the EU and negotiations will go on and on for years, with Brexit being the stated aim of the UK but in reality practically unachievable.
If we leave before the next election I will eat my hat.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Well, Trump has said he won't accept the result if he loses. And,of course, only liberal lefties talk about re-votes.

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.” - Nigel Farage - saying he'd push for a 2nd referendum if Remain wins by 52-48

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Of course it is convenient and lazy logic. You have just lumped those who did not vote with what you want to believe their intentions were, without any evidence whatsoever as to their preference, had they bothered. You may be right in that those who did not turn up, might have been remainers, and thus not happy with Brexit, but as you well know, you have no proof of this. It could just as easily be the opposite, given that the polls all predicted a narrow remain win, and thus those who favoured Brexit did not bother.

I have at no point claimed that the 29% of the electorate that didn't would have voted remain. 6 out of 10 people will have to live with a decision they did not vote for. That is not democracy. That is a broken system. And THAT is what I take issue with.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I voted remain, and for what's it worth, I still think we'll leave. But blocking parliament from voting is the very opposite of democracy.

Indeed - a denial of the very 'parliamentary sovereignty' that Brexiters claimed to believe so strongly in.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If Clinton wins on Tuesday, will Right-wingers and Republicans whine about the narrowness of the result and claim that it is too narrow to be deemed a legitimate victory, and that she thus has no mandate, and that there should be a re-run?

I bet they will - being total f******g hypocrites.

If only Right-wingers realised just how much they mirror the hard Left in their arrogance, dogmatic views, refusal to respect alternative points of view, and complaints about media bias!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have at no point claimed that the 29% of the electorate that didn't would have voted remain. 6 out of 10 people will have to live with a decision they did not vote for. That is not democracy. That is a broken system. And THAT is what I take issue with.
It is democracy. What it isn't is a resounding endorsement through the vote.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No! Of course they won't. Why? It's called DEMOCRACY that's why.

Trump and Brexit are just what the world needs. A bloody good shake up.

**** comment.... The fact that Brexit is going to a parliamentary vote is democracy in action my friend.

It will still remain Brexit. No MP in their right mind would vote differently to their constituency.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
**** comment.... The fact that Brexit is going to a parliamentary vote is democracy in action my friend.

It will still remain Brexit. No MP in their right mind would vote differently to their constituency.

Carline Lucas is following the Referendum result unless she is unhappy with terms.

I've set that one up nicely for a tap in by a muesliphobic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here