Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Collector?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Vintage Bicycles.

pic1.jpg

I bought this 1920's bicycle because it was a SEAGULL brand bike.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't collect these as I restrict myself to authors I want to read. I do envy anybody who bought a copy of her fist book though - they sell for huge amounts now.

I had never thought of this! I have the two first books somewhere at my mums house. My teacher at junior school recommended them before it hit the big time and as a result my mum got me them both (also bought a couple more copies for the school bless her)

I will have to dig them out at somepoint and see if they are worth anything!

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I wouldn’t say I actively collect anything but I do have what I would term as ‘collections’ which I try to add to from time to time. For example, I’ve long lost interest in the current gaming scene, but my friends and I still play some N64/Gamecube games relatively often and I still have my Gamecube games. So a while back I decided I wanted to pick up a few games I missed out on at the time, or borrowed from friends but never owned or sold on. I’ve got a list of the ones I want that I’m working through and by the time I’m done I’ll have about 40 of the best titles.

I’ve also recently rediscovered my love of reading so I’m trying to pick up one or two hardbacks per month. Mostly sport or autobiographies (or both!). Happy to listen to any recommendations from the NSC crowd.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I had never thought of this! I have the two first books somewhere at my mums house. My teacher at junior school recommended them before it hit the big time and as a result my mum got me them both (also bought a couple more copies for the school bless her)

I will have to dig them out at somepoint and see if they are worth anything!

If you have a FE, 1st printing Philosopher's Stone in Hardback, you're looking at several hundred pounds - very likely to be well north of £500 depending on condition. Even FE, 3rd prints are a couple of hundred or so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have a few bits of WWII militaria. Had a mint Nazi box and case with a silver broach sort of thing that the Iron Cross hung off.

Did you have a priest round the other day for a few lines of Charlie?

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Keep 'em, little treasure trove there if you have old electronic working kit/games!

I love the nostalgic feeling of setting them up and putting the games in, not to mention the sound tracks that go with the games. So simple. I guess as the saying goes, simple things please simple minds is very true for me!

boik

Dad and I used to collect diecast model Citroens, which I now have. Probably 5-600, some of which are worth hundreds of pounds.

I also have a collection of Wedding Present gig posters from gigs I have been to, but only a few of these.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Dad and I used to collect diecast model Citroens, which I now have. Probably 5-600, some of which are worth hundreds of pounds.

I also have a collection of Wedding Present gig posters from gigs I have been to, but only a few of these.

I've got the first LP cover, signed by George Best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Vinyl - specifically David Bowie and Interpol, looking to be a completionist on both of those, tough but a fun search.
Old Video Games & Consoles
Albion shirts

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
As mentioned in another thread, I collect old computers. My collection of pre 2000 machines is getting daft now. From memory

Commodore 64 x 3
Commodore 64 c
Commodore Vic 20
Commodore 16
Spectrum 48k
Spectrum +2
ZX81 (Not working)
Amstrad CPC 464 (Green Screen)
Amiga 500
Sega Megadrive 1 x 2
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast