Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
As frustrating as this is, we knew FULL WELL it would happen. A huge amount of business will always be done in the last few days of Aug before the window SLAMS shut. We all knew this would be the case - we were never going to have all singings done by Forest. There's nothing new here.

FWIW I think the transfer window closing when it does is ridiculous as you play about 4 games before you have your squad together...

Charlton have got 7 in already.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Very confident.
Working Very, very hard.
Very tough.

were loose

You could replace Hughton with Hyppia and 15/16 with 14/15 and it would be like last season hadn't happened!!

Christ the number of times these tired old lines have been trotted out, change the ****ing tune and say something of interest!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
On the flip-side of our situation, Notts County have made FIFTEEN signings this summer and their manager is claiming they need at least three more...

Can't see that ending well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FWIW I think the transfer window closing when it does is ridiculous as you play about 4 games before you have your squad together...

It closes at the end of August as its a Europe-wide cut off point by which time all the major Leagues have started. La Liga and Serie A doesn't start till the weekend of the 22nd. PL clubs would not accept the transfer window closing on or before the opening day of their season if clubs in Europe, who are starting later, could still continue trading through the rest of August.

Its not ideal, but there it is. Not sure if there's a practical solution, other than scrapping the transfer windows altogether and going back to the "old" way of just having one deadline at the end of March. I wouldn't mind that. It'd put pay to this ridiculous contrived transfer frenzy we get twice a season, and might lead to more sensible deals being done with less brinkmanship.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Charlton have got 7 in already.

And you could argue we have signed 6 or 7. I bet Charlton will sign at least another player - let alone clubs having loans. Yes we badly need 3 or 4 more in, but they were never going to all be done in time for Forest. Same as usual. Very frustrating - and I remember our teams (against Weds and the yr before I can't recall who maybe Derby) on the first day of the season being utter rubbish. It's annoying.
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] I get what you're saying and it's Europe-wide. Not sure there's a solution but find the whole thing a bit of a shambles.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of the 7 we really needed ( LB, CB, RW, LW, ST, ST, Tex Replacement ), we have 2, so about 28% of the way there.

Satisfaction rating : 3 / 10.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does anyone know when they are due to announce squad numbers for the coming season ?

CH is often very traditional with the allocation of the first 14 squad numbers will prabably go to who he sees as his main starting line ups getting those numbers. If he leaves one or more of those numbers unnallocated that would suggest that he anticipates a signing of a regular starter before the window closes.

Also I think if he sees Dale Stephens staying fit, I think he will get the captaincy. If he isn't sure he will remain fit I think he will give it to Rosenior. I know Greer is Captain at the moment but if he doesn't think he will be a regular starter he won't keep him as captain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here