Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bennett. What a waste of a football career and symptomatic of a negative of modern football.
Was brilliant for us in League One, but how many STARTS has he made for Norwich in those last 3 years? He may have quadrupled his pay, but he doesn't play the sport he loves week in week out, in the prime of his footballing years.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Bennett. What a waste of a football career and symptomatic of a negative of modern football.
Was brilliant for us in League One, but how many STARTS has he made for Norwich in those last 3 years? He may have quadrupled his pay, but he doesn't play the sport he loves week in week out, in the prime of his footballing years.

Are you serious?! He played 33 Premier League games the first season he joined and only didn't feature last season because of the ACL tear.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Bit harsh, he had 56 appearances in two season for Norwich in the Premier League.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You cannot compare Bennett to any of those as he is a totally different type of player...

Just an aside from that though, considering we have March, Lua Lua & Buckley - I would not be surprised to see the former go out on loan to a League 1 team or the latter go to Sunderland if Bennett signed.

I think Kaz is the most likely to go, sold because he only has 1 year left on his contract, if a tempting bid comes in.

March is way too good for League 1, and Buckley is on a long contract and will cost the Earth.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NEVER GO BACK
but I really liked him

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's only 25, so if he did come back I'd say we'd get his best years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you serious?! He played 33 Premier League games the first season he joined and only didn't feature last season because of the ACL tear.

Westander is always negative no matter what the subject matter. I think he must be on a wind up.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'd wet the bed with excitement..

Is positive bedwetting ok?

That's perfectly acceptable old chap, as long as it's your bed.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would wet the bed if he came back but can't think of another ex-Albion I'd want back...... anyone.

He was very good in Prem and played 56 games in 2 years which is plenty of football!

Crofts coming back was good for both parties, might be same for him. He established himself as a lower half Prem player but since his injury Norwich are pushing to try and climb and thus have likely spent money on a better replacement or two (nothing against Bennett or any disgrace in that)

Canary

May 21, 2014
Again folks I'll clarify that this move is unlikely unless Brighton stump up more money than we can refuse. Merely passing on the info that you've enquired.

And Bennett is a superb player. Probably doesn't score as often as he should. Was a big blow to us him being out last season, he gave us real pace and direct running. He'll play a big part this season for us I hope.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Bit harsh, he had 56 appearances in two season for Norwich in the Premier League.

I think you'll find that's in THREE seasons.... Signed for Norwich June 2011. So not really harsh, as the poster says he will be in pocket without a doubt and I guess that's sadly what it seems to be all about now days.
Incidently he played 89 times for BHA in TWO seasons, scoring 13 goals, whilst only having scored 2 in his time at Norwich.
I was gutted when he left here, but do we want another midfielder? I'd sooner we put the cash toward a good striker.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think you'll find that's in THREE seasons.... Signed for Norwich June 2011. So not really harsh, as the poster says he will be in pocket without a doubt and I guess that's sadly what it seems to be all about now days.
Incidently he played 89 times for BHA in TWO seasons, scoring 13 goals, whilst only having scored 2 in his time at Norwich.
I was gutted when he left here, but do we want another midfielder? I'd sooner we put the cash toward a good striker.

No, it's harsh because he was injured last year so effectively 56 appearances in 2 years, which is pretty good.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Again folks I'll clarify that this move is unlikely unless Brighton stump up more money than we can refuse. Merely passing on the info that you've enquired.

And Bennett is a superb player. Probably doesn't score as often as he should. Was a big blow to us him being out last season, he gave us real pace and direct running. He'll play a big part this season for us I hope.

Completely agree. Think he will excel for you this year in championship. Don't know why you would sell unless as you say a silly offer was made

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No, it's harsh because he was injured last year so effectively 56 appearances in 2 years, which is pretty good.
Well he did play 89 times in 2 seasons for us, which is 33 times more than pretty good then.
But back to the merits of signing him, is it a good idea to spend a few million on someone whose been on the sick list for a whole season. I seem to recall we've only just got over the last time we paid that sort of money only to lose CMS for a season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well he did play 89 times in 2 seasons for us, which is 33 times more than pretty good then.
But back to the merits of signing him, is it a good idea to spend a few million on someone whose been on the sick list for a whole season. I seem to recall we've only just got over the last time we paid that sort of money only to lose CMS for a season.

Squad rotation. Norwich have good wingers so he won't play every game. Also, less games in the Premier League anyway.

We're not going to resign him so it's irrelevant but I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't be delighted if, by some miracle, he came back.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Squad rotation. Norwich have good wingers so he won't play every game. Also, less games in the Premier League anyway.

We're not going to resign him so it's irrelevant but I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't be delighted if, by some miracle, he came back.
Well I didn't suggest I wouldn't be delighted if he was here, in my original post I did say I was gutted when we lost him. But with 8 midfielders on our books and in desperate need to replace Leo I know where I'd spend the money. But hey we all see things a different way. And if we shed a couple of our present compliment for the money Elliot would cost us, fine. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here