Last year, for comparison:

1 Brighton 20 +11 42
2 Middlesbrough 20 +17 40
3 Hull 20 +16 38
4 Derby 20 +15 38
5 Burnley 20 +7 35
6 Ipswich 20 +2 31
7 Cardiff 20 +4 30

Burnley were seven points behind us (similar to Reading now), but we were just about to enter a catastrophic injury period, and an 8 game losing run. I don't see that happening this time, and I don't think Reading are half as good as Burnley were last season.

Reading have ridden their luck and will drop off.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Leeds fans moaning about the 2nd penalty, completely forgetting that they had no shots on target. Laughable

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That CAN'T be right? ???

Newcastle are supposed to WALK this league by just turning up and everybody else is playing for 2nd place, so I keep reading.

Hopefully their FIVE defeats so far will be overturned by the Dubious Decisions panel and the mighty Geordies can resume their rightful place of 13 points clear with a game in hand. S'only right.
Yes Newcastle are guaranteed to win the league. Isn't that right [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And BBC Sport still haven't updated it. Still top, though.

Capture.PNG

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What was tonight's attendance? Looked like quite a small crowd (trains).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Thought he looked knackered at the end, but agree he was quality. Bong will struggle to get back in on that performance.

With a game on Tuesday and Hughton's talent at managing the squad I think Bong will be straight back in to give us fresh legs along with Sidwell and Skalak.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were very good tonight and did what was necessary, fair play to the Leeds fans who supported their team well

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lovely evening. Complete control at the back, Leeds could still be playing now and not have scored. Sidwell rested, Pocognoli looked like a beast of a left back and Solly got some game time.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Probably one of the most one sided game of the season , we started really well and we controlled the whole match. We looked the better team before the pen , Leeds were not very good tonite not one shot on target . Well done to the lads

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Every single Leeds player could be described as 'robust'. All of them were big, muscular and lacking in any finesse. Looked like a rugby league b-side. And they were a bit shit.

Onwards and upwards!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I felt we played this like a testimonial game. Very much within ourselves, nobody broke into a sweat and we won it in first gear. I haven't looked at possession stats but we may well have been in the 70's. I did think payback for Dunk getting a pen after that one given against him last season. That was a stride, not a gallop. We are ticking all the right boxes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every single Leeds player could be described as 'robust'. All of them were big, muscular and lacking in any finesse. Looked like a rugby league b-side. And they were a bit shit.

Onwards and upwards!

Massive, massive difference at the back - whilst they were individually solid etc, they were awful at playing the ball out. Our defenders all have a great touch, are happy to do that and play the ball upfield. Almost every time, the Leeds back four hoofed it into touch or lost possession.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Did anyone see what happened in the SW corner with the Leeds player, it looked like he had a go at some older age Brighton fan before ripping the sky mic out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here