Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe we could solve the Middle East problem next ..... not sure how many beers that will take though !

image.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am going to have to go out, i can not trust myself to keep this amnesty up............ :)

Good plan.

Best give [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] a heads up that peace has now broken out, just in case he comes on here later after a few. :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is this a EU directive or a Brexit initiated "we have our freedom back" sort of truce?

I will give it until 9pm....

Remember REMAIN.................Brexit means - Leave the EU....

Do you want to leave the building? Bus, train, taxi or wait in the lobby are not on the table(or the referendum ballot paper) as options,you have to work at those after you leave the building,if you leave you do technically have 2 years to do it,but we want your money so,perhaps we can be flexible,but,leave you must... :lolol: :fishing:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Is this a EU directive or a Brexit initiated "we have our freedom back" sort of truce?

I will give it until 9pm....

Remember REMAIN.................Brexit means - Leave the EU....

Do you want to leave the building? Bus, train, taxi or wait in the lobby are not on the table(or the referendum ballot paper) as options,you have to work at those after you leave the building,if you leave you do technically have 2 years to do it,but we want your money so,perhaps we can be flexible,but,leave you must... :lolol: :fishing:

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow........................

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow........................

Indeed there is.Shall we have a few jars whilst we wait in the lobby [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] :drink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That is undeniably good news. Was always going to be a big boost for fishing.

I don't want to go against this current party atmosphere on this thread, but depending on what Brexit ends up being, would not fishing be one of the more complex deals to conclude. In addition to whether this is access to the single market, or whether individual deals have to be agreed with each EU member state, there is then the additional deals to be agreed on access to UK fishing grounds with either the EU or individual member states. There needs to be agreement on sustainable fishing and then quotas between UK and non UK Fleets.

And of course the fish are highly mobile and will move between different countries territorial waters. It will be interesting to see if all this can be concluded within the 2 year period from invoking Article 50. I suspect that the changes will not produce the boom in earnings that the fishermen are expecting. It should also not be overlooked that the Scottish Government's position is that the Scottish fishing industry is better off inside the EU.

Cod War II to breakout?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't want to go against this current party atmosphere on this thread, but depending on what Brexit ends up being, would not fishing be one of the more complex deals to conclude. In addition to whether this is access to the single market, or whether individual deals have to be agreed with each EU member state, there is then the additional deals to be agreed on access to UK fishing grounds with either the EU or individual member states. There needs to be agreement on sustainable fishing and then quotas between UK and non UK Fleets.

And of course the fish are highly mobile and will move between different countries territorial waters. It will be interesting to see if all this can be concluded within the 2 year period from invoking Article 50. I suspect that the changes will not produce the boom in earnings that the fishermen are expecting. It should also not be overlooked that the Scottish Government's position is that the Scottish fishing industry is better off inside the EU.

Cod War II to breakout?

The fish won't have freedom of movement. I suggest a fish referendum .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yep, hopefully people will take the bait and vote.........Friday would be a good day for a fish referendum., fish on a Friday......... after work, catch the floating voter......we could involve Salmond and Sturgeon...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here