Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
See you all at HP I'll be wearing a black Adidas top. I look like a bald 6 foot 4 Michael Atherton if that helps distinguish me. I'll be at the climbing frame around 8:45 for a dynamic warm up so if you see me doing a shit lunge looking like Athers you know it's me

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No Parkrun for me today, just went on my 4.8 mile lap from home with the aim of keeping it below 7 minute miles, which I did with a best time of 32:38 (and I went through 5k in 20:30, for the record).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good to meet [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION], [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION], [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] this morning. I got there at 8:58 so started behind the 25 minute pacer and didn't trouble the pacemen! I found a 20:25ish (official time to follow), which I'll take given how different it is to Preston Park Parkrun! Solid debut, I know the lay of the course now so next week I'll get on the sub 20!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
37th, 20:29 official time for me. The bar has been set!

Height of rudeness really turn up late then beat my PB by two seconds on your first attempt!

Nice to meet you and the legend that is [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION]. I'm away for next couple of weeks- see you all for the NSC challenge mooted for 5th September.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Great to meet you all this morning. I had Big Nuts in my sights about 5 or so feet the whole way around, but after getting blocked in at the start i just didnt have it the legs this morning to make that distance up. Then up the last hill and over, BN,s just powered away.. great running.

19:58 in end.. I think i maybe need fresher legs next time to even think about beating my pb. Oh well, ice cold beer in garden beckons!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sad I missed the party this morning......probably be there next week if anyone is about. [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION]........your time today is the same as my PB a few weeks ago.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Time's just in, 23:51 - Over the moon!
Nice one - sorry we missed you. I was pretty happy with my 21.35, especially given a dodgy leg. Bizarrely I didn't really feel it when I was running.

22 was the target for a group of four of us, that quickly went down to two, and I was left with little Trev chirping away at me for 3km 😂.

Gonna rest it tomorrow and see if it gets better on its own. Although having said that we've a new cross trainer, so I might give that a go...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just back from Trent Bridge where I was too busy nursing a sore head this morning to bother with the Notts Parkrun.
Did any of you speed merchants beat my 19:33 Hove Park pb? That's the time not the year I did it.
Hope so but whilst in an Ashes winning mood I am going to put myself up there while I can as record holder.
Over to you@ BigNuts.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've been stuck on 19:15 ish and don't seem able to beat it no matter what park run I do, getting annoying now

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was it at Hove Park? If not get down to the Goldstone and do a 19:15.

Nope, Crawley or Horsham. Not a fan of the hove park one, but might give it another go one week (did a slow one round there a while back with no barcode)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The hastily arranged NSC 5k start of season Grand Prix lived up to the hype with three competitors running sub 20 in hot conditions at Hove Park.

The race was won by Big Nuts who took 6 seconds of his pb to finish in 19:37 he was closely followed by [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] who equalled his pb of 19:56 set some 17 months ago, just 2 seconds behind him in third was reigning NSC 10k champion and ultra running sensation [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] who clocked a Park Run pb of 19:58.

Outside the medal positions [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] making his Hove debut found the hilly course a little more difficult finishing around 40 seconds slower than Preston Park he also started way back in the field which didn't help his cause, but the experience of Hove should stand him in good stead for September's race.

In 5th [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] ran well clocking 21:35 and in 6th [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] nursing a cold plus some Harvey's drinking the night before finished in 22:11. In 7th but setting a Hove pb of over a minute was the delighted [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION].

September's race promises to be an even bigger affair with the godfather of NSC Park Run and NSC Hove course record holder [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] back and hopefully we will see a few more for the run in a months time.

This is my splits according to garmin

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/859078908

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Nice one - sorry we missed you. I was pretty happy with my 21.35, especially given a dodgy leg. Bizarrely I didn't really feel it when I was running.

22 was the target for a group of four of us, that quickly went down to two, and I was left with little Trev chirping away at me for 3km ��.

Gonna rest it tomorrow and see if it gets better on its own. Although having said that we've a new cross trainer, so I might give that a go...

No worries at all, I'm sure I'll catch up (figuratively) with you guys one Saturday soon.
Very pleased with my time, I think a couple less beers last night and I could have knocked off 20-30 seconds today!

Hope your leg gets better and rest up!

Glad to see everyone got decent times today. :thumbsup:

The hastily arranged NSC 5k start of season Grand Prix lived up to the hype with three competitors running sub 20 in hot conditions at Hove Park.

The race was won by Big Nuts who took 6 seconds of his pb to finish in 19:37 he was closely followed by [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] who equalled his pb of 19:56 set some 17 months ago, just 2 seconds behind him in third was reigning NSC 10k champion and ultra running sensation [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] who clocked a Park Run pb of 19:58.

Outside the medal positions [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] making his Hove debut found the hilly course a little more difficult finishing around 40 seconds slower than Preston Park he also started way back in the field which didn't help his cause, but the experience of Hove should stand him in good stead for September's race.

In 5th [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] ran well clocking 21:35 and in 6th [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] nursing a cold plus some Harvey's drinking the night before finished in 22:11. In 7th but setting a Hove pb of over a minute was the delighted [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION].

September's race promises to be an even bigger affair with the godfather of NSC Park Run and NSC Hove course record holder [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] back and hopefully we will see a few more for the run in a months time.

Hi,

I have no marathons in September so am up for the challenge. What's the drill?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Hi,

Looks like the first Saturday in September has been pencilled in for the next Hove Park Run 5k showdown.

I'm sure there will be more discussion around as the date approaches but all you need to do is register with Park Run if you haven't already and make your way to Hove Park for 9am gun time.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hi,

You turn up on the set day, regardless of alcohol intake the night before, and the race day adrenaline gets you to run to your max for that day. Today was a great impromptu NSC run that appeared with just a few days planning. Jealous.
Excellent write up by [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION].
Who needs the World Championship in China when you have this?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Great write-up and well done everyone. Mine was my joint 9th best time at parkrun, apparently.

Never mind overall winner, my target (never a good idea) is for a PB on 5th September...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here