Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Afternoon Everyone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm beginning to think that my new adventure may not be such a good idea after all.

I decided to start supporting a new club (I won't go into the reasons right now) and chose the Seagulls. What better way to learn everything there is to know about my team than join their forum.

However, in the few days I've been here, I've been accused of being various people I've never heard of and the majority seem to think I'm a Palace fan. If I was, I'd have joined their forum instead.

This may be hard to believe but I wasn't even aware of how big the rivalry was until I came here.

Anyway, I am having second thoughts now as I don't really think that I'm welcome. I have no reason to dislike Palace/Pardew. Sorry, but I'm being honest.

Are you only allowed to support the Gulls and be accepted on here if you hate them? :down:

What has supporting Torquay go to do with it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm beginning to think that my new adventure may not be such a good idea after all.

I decided to start supporting a new club (I won't go into the reasons right now) and chose the Seagulls. What better way to learn everything there is to know about my team than join their forum.

However, in the few days I've been here, I've been accused of being various people I've never heard of and the majority seem to think I'm a Palace fan. If I was, I'd have joined their forum instead.

This may be hard to believe but I wasn't even aware of how big the rivalry was until I came here.

Anyway, I am having second thoughts now as I don't really think that I'm welcome. I have no reason to dislike Palace/Pardew. Sorry, but I'm being honest.

Are you only allowed to support the Gulls and be accepted on here if you hate them? :down:
GroupOn deals. Good Idea ? Yes or No ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well you say that, but other Palace fans have joined here and pretended to be Brighton fans. I have no idea why, they're a weird lot. People here don't know you at all. We have had a fair few people join the forum and start threads like yours, and they've turned out to be fans of other clubs, so that's why several people have assumed you're a Palace fan.

So if you're not a Palace fan, you've no reason to be upset (you don't dislike them anyway) and if you are, you need to work on your disguise.

Anyway, I am having second thoughts now as I don't really think that I'm welcome.
If you've chosen to support Brighton, I'm sure you had reasons, so I can't see why that would change on the basis of a few posts on a forum.

No, there are plenty of posters who don't express a dislike for them. But as I've explained above, we get Palace fans join here and pretend to be Brighton fans, but as they're Palace fans they can't bring themselves to admit how shit their club is, so it's an easy way to out a Palace fan. That's why you've been asked.

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
Well you say that, but other Palace fans have joined here and pretended to be Brighton fans. I have no idea why, they're a weird lot. People here don't know you at all. We have had a fair few people join the forum and start threads like yours, and they've turned out to be fans of other clubs, so that's why several people have assumed you're a Palace fan.

So if you're not a Palace fan, you've no reason to be upset (you don't dislike them anyway) and if you are, you need to work on your disguise.

If you've chosen to support Brighton, I'm sure you had reasons, so I can't see why that would change on the basis of a few posts on a forum.

No, there are plenty of posters who don't express a dislike for them. But as I've explained above, we get Palace fans join here and pretend to be Brighton fans, but as they're Palace fans they can't bring themselves to admit how shit their club is, so it's an easy way to out a Palace fan. That's why you've been asked.

Thank you.

I don't know how long it will take for people to realise I'm not a Palace fan.

But I know I'm not and I hope you do too.

People will also realise that I'm genuine and truthful once they get to know me on here.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

That will largely depend on you. You're joining a forum of football fans, you have to expect a bit of hazing. Once you know the Brighton and NSC language then it'll all make a bit more sense.

I'm not sure about your previous club, but you wouldn't expect most Tottenham fans to not have an issue with Arsenal, or old school City fans to be cool with Utd? Or anyone to like Millwall?

I get not having an issue with Palace, especially if you aren't a Brighton fan or CPFC creditor, but you genuinely think Alan Pardew is alright!?!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Even Palace fans think Pardew is a prize BELLEND. I reckon Feathers has spent £50k on bathrooms.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you.
You're welcome.

That depends on what you post.
But I know I'm not and I hope you do too.
Obviously I have no idea, I don't know anything about you. I don't mind whether you're a Brighton fan or a Palace fan to be honest. If you're a Brighton fan, welcome, if you're a Palace fan I'm surprised you don't have a better way to spend your spare time.

People will also realise that I'm genuine and truthful once they get to know me on here.
Exactly. Until then, don't take the doubt personally, it's because of previous posters not being genuine.

So...
are you a male or female supporter? You say you're not a young fan - have you been supporting a different club before now? And if so, why the change, and if not, why the sudden desire to support a football team?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] Feather is a she, and was into glam rock bands and Bay City Rollers, so must be around late forties / early fifties. She said she decided to support a new team, implying a previous team but not sure. Mentioned she didn't want to go into reasons just yet.

Jessica Fletcher out.

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] Feather is a she, and was into glam rock bands and Bay City Rollers, so must be around late forties / early fifties. She said she decided to support a new team, implying a previous team but not sure. Mentioned she didn't want to go into reasons just yet.

Correct.
Apart from the Bay City Rollers. My friends liked them but I didn't.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Correct.
Apart from the Bay City Rollers. My friends liked them but I didn't.

Post #18
No, I'm not a younger supporter (unfortunately) and Duran Duran were not my thing.
My youth consisted of Sweet (amazingingly brilliant), Mud, Bay City Rollers and David Cassidy

I was going to lambast you for inconsistency, although I suppose you didn't specifically state you like Bay City Rollers in your previous post. I'm still feeling very suspicious. Especially since we don't know what went on with your previous club, how long you were supporting them and why you like Pardew so much.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Jessica Fletcher out.

Maybe she tried to get a free shirt out of her old club and they said no.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Maybe she tried to get a free shirt out of her old club and they said no.

EXACTLY what I was just thinking! I've suggested MB get in touch - they can do some sort of club swap together. That way both clubs don't lose out on net supporters, and both aggrieved fans get to start again.

Perhaps they could even swap forum accounts so that they have a bit of history and kudos built up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
EXACTLY what I was just thinking! I've suggested MB get in touch - they can do some sort of club swap together. That way both clubs don't lose out on net supporters, and both aggrieved fans get to start again.

Perhaps they could even swap forum accounts so that they have a bit of history and kudos built up.

Sounds a good idea. Before you can say nobody loses out, we need to understand size of family and relative wealth. Maybe one club will need to compensate the other

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Jessica Fletcher out.

More early fifties I'd think. Cassidy and the Rollers were mostly swooned over by the slightly older (and sadly unattainable) girls when I was at school............

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
More early fifties I'd think. Cassidy and the Rollers were mostly swooned over by the slightly older (and sadly unattainable) girls when I was at school............

Indeed. I was just trying to be a gent. Not like you Dazzer, bowling in with your Gorilla manhood smashing about the place.

I'm not sure where I was going with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here