Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Led to believe his injury is worse than first thought.

Sorry...
:down:

Load of bollocks. Not sure where this has come from but I was told on Saturday from a very reliable source that Stephens could have played on Saturday but the decision was made to rest him and not take any risks ahead of the the Reading and Sheffield Wednesday games after he picked up a very minor knock during training on the Friday.

How that's changed in 2 days is beyond me.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
As a player gets older they dont lose the know how just their legs wont let them do what their brain says they should. Joe Cole would cope at this level no problem and it has been obvious for some time that Ince and Crofts are not adequate cover for Kayal and Stephens.

Another oldie I suggested was Jamie O Hara who has been one of Fulhams best players this season.

Do you ever contemplate the fact that they probably couldn't last 90 minutes and cost a small fortune in wages, not making them a worth while choice. Carry on picking out the has beens though if it keeps you happy

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Load of bollocks. Not sure where this has come from but I was told on Saturday from a very reliable source that Stephens could have played on Saturday but the decision was made to rest him and not take any risks ahead of the the Reading and Sheffield Wednesday games after he picked up a very minor knock during training on the Friday.

How that's changed in 2 days is beyond me.
TSB is usually spot on with these things, although I really hope you are right.

:)

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
3 words Bobby Zamora. Vicente.

Did you suggest them on here to before they signed? The difference is you are suggesting an unfit has been that wouldn't last a full 90 to replace one of our stand out performers so far this season. Who puts in a full shift every game and won't have to be subbed off after 60 minutes max

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
As a player gets older they dont lose the know how just their legs wont let them do what their brain says they should. Joe Cole would cope at this level no problem and it has been obvious for some time that Ince and Crofts are not adequate cover for Kayal and Stephens.

Another oldie I suggested was Jamie O Hara who has been one of Fulhams best players this season.

Joe Cole has not got the legs to play in a Championship midfield. He was blowing hard when he played for the scousers. He's an expensive luxury player that would not provide any meaningful cover for Stephens.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
3 words Bobby Zamora. Vicente.

Several words: Bobby Zamora wasn't even fit to play 20 mins from the bench until he'd been training with the squad for 4 weeks. Nolan has been out longer and won't give even a fraction of the shit that Zamora gives about playing for Brighton.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
All I've heard is that it isn't as minor as first thought.
He might still be ok for Saturday (far as I know) but it doesn't sound the 'sure thing' that had been suggested over the weekend.

Not so bad then. Hopefully he will only miss one more game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here