Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is this year's World's Hardest Creature thread?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Ooh look, served with a salad. HARD.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421166929256.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421166929256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nah, I don't really know who it was for. Anyone who has previously supported the Badger and couldn't handle another NEARLY year, I suppose.
I don't think there'll be too many moving away from it, to support the HB is to be like the HB. Giving up is never the acceptable solution.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Great obscure reference...although isn't it 'pernicious'?

'You mean you didn't know?' cried Mr Wonka. 'Well, it's a good thing you didn't! If you'd had even the faintest idea of what horrors you were up against, the marrow would have run out of your bones! You'd have been fossilized with fear and glued to the ground! Then they'd have got you! You'd have been a cooked cucumber! You'd have been rasped into a thousand tiny bits, grated like cheese and flocculated alive! They'd have made necklaces from your knucklebones and bracelets from your teeth! Because those creatures, my dear ignorant boy, are the most brutal, vindictive, venomous, murderous beasts in the entire universe!' Here Mr Wonka paused and ran the tip of a pink tongue all the way around his lips. 'VERMICIOUS KNIDS!' he cried. 'That's what they were!' He sounded the K … K'NIDS, like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think there'll be too many moving away from it, to support the HB is to be like the HB. Giving up is never the acceptable solution.

Indeed. Tim the HoneyBadger owes it to his fans all over middle England, to keep gamely plucking away, and keep his chin up, throughout.

#RaRaRa

#MaybeThisWillBeHisYear

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I always feel the honey badger would do better if its fans could just dial down the constant whining. I'm sure it puts people off. That said, the best WHC threads nearly always contain the said whining, reality denying, scuppered at their own game honey badger fans. It's going to be fascinating to see what will happen if he ever wins the whole thing... I'm imagining all night party in brighton, cars driving up and down west street, horns blasting, men hanging out the window firing kalashnikovs in the air.

And thats why I love the WHC competition.:rave:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'You mean you didn't know?' cried Mr Wonka. 'Well, it's a good thing you didn't! If you'd had even the faintest idea of what horrors you were up against, the marrow would have run out of your bones! You'd have been fossilized with fear and glued to the ground! Then they'd have got you! You'd have been a cooked cucumber! You'd have been rasped into a thousand tiny bits, grated like cheese and flocculated alive! They'd have made necklaces from your knucklebones and bracelets from your teeth! Because those creatures, my dear ignorant boy, are the most brutal, vindictive, venomous, murderous beasts in the entire universe!' Here Mr Wonka paused and ran the tip of a pink tongue all the way around his lips. 'VERMICIOUS KNIDS!' he cried. 'That's what they were!' He sounded the K … K'NIDS, like that.

God damn, you're right. All those years and I've had read it completely wrong. I apologise and bow to your better knowledge of Roald Dahl!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I always feel the honey badger would do better if its fans could just dial down the constant whining. I'm sure it puts people off. That said, the best WHC threads nearly always contain the said whining, reality denying, scuppered at their own game honey badger fans. It's going to be fascinating to see what will happen if he ever wins the whole thing... I'm imagining all night party in brighton, cars driving up and down west street, horns blasting, men hanging out the window firing kalashnikovs in the air.

Personally I think you're downplaying it a little bit.

I do see your point, though I imagine just as many join the noble HB cause as a result of the Mugabe like shenanigans that tend to take place.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
God damn, you're right. All those years and I've had read it completely wrong. I apologise and bow to your better knowledge of Roald Dahl!

Don't worry about it. I always thought Jimi Hendrix was singing, 'excuse me while I kiss this guy'.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

All of this and free chips in the BOT which will have retained its NSC Pub of the Year crown despite early attempts by the mods to prevent this from happening.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
As always, there are too many who want the badger NOT to win under any circumstances, for this not to be a fifa-style farce. I've long been a fan but wouldn't mind if the badger lost in a fair fight. But there's always hundreds who turn out to sabotage what should have been it's rightful ascent to glory at least ONCE in the four or five years of the competition.

Nominating the likes of the Tardigrade or human or mosquito every year also shows the widespread lack of understanding. Hard is a mentality, not a physical attribute. The honey badger and cassowary for example are batsh!t mental and should always go far, because they're up for a fight even when outnumbered or punching above their weight. A cockroach isn't hard because it can survive stuff, it's just lucky it's got armour. Crunchy little prick probably sits crying inside it's shell during a nuclear blast. A cassowary would try to drop kick the a-bomb before it hit the ground.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As always, there are too many who want the badger NOT to win under any circumstances, for this not to be a fifa-style farce. I've long been a fan but wouldn't mind if the badger lost in a fair fight. But there's always hundreds who turn out to sabotage what should have been it's rightful ascent to glory at least ONCE in the four or five years of the competition.

Nominating the likes of the Tardigrade or human or mosquito every year also shows the widespread lack of understanding. Hard is a mentality, not a physical attribute. The honey badger and cassowary for example are batsh!t mental and should always go far, because they're up for a fight even when outnumbered or punching above their weight. A cockroach isn't hard because it can survive stuff, it's just lucky it's got armour. Crunchy little prick probably sits crying inside it's shell during a nuclear blast. A cassowary would try to drop kick the a-bomb before it hit the ground.
Very well put. Hardness and hardiness are two distinctly separate things.

I'm under no illusions that the noble HB is the most naturally protected creature, because it isn't. What it is, is willing to take on everything else!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here