Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal 2017/18

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Happy with a moderate ST increase, just so long as the wise-guys who hedged their bets and finally bought a half-season ticket a month ago get royally SHAFTED :wanker:

There is always a tweaking of prices every season, under the guise of ' a couple of pounds per month ' Until very recently, inflation was almost non-existent particularly in the food sector but the cost of food and drink rises every season at the Amex.
The couple of pounds per month, plus the reduction in games in the PL, plus the inevitable programme and food and drink price rises will push individual match day costs well past a moderate increase.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is always a tweaking of prices every season, under the guise of ' a couple of pounds per month ' Until very recently, inflation was almost non-existent particularly in the food sector but the cost of food and drink rises every season at the Amex.
The couple of pounds per month, plus the reduction in games in the PL, plus the inevitable programme and food and drink price rises will push individual match day costs well past a moderate increase.

I've seen it said that the rewards for the Prem are so great that the clubs could actually reduce the price of a match ticket and not even notice the difference (I'm sure [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will correct me if I'm wrong), but a minor Albion tweak upwards is to expected shirley, in the event of the P word, when every single utility bill, transport provider, supermarket does likewise shirley? For me the club have always been the good guys in that respect and IMHO have done their level best to keep any increases on the GENTLE side. Happy with that. Club's not a charity after all, and IMHO they're way more in tune with the fans than most clubs are.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've seen it said that the rewards for the Prem are so great that the clubs could actually reduce the price of a match ticket and not even notice the difference (I'm sure [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will correct me if I'm wrong), but a minor Albion tweak upwards is to expected shirley, in the event of the P word, when every single utility bill, transport provider, supermarket does likewise shirley? For me the club have always been the good guys in that respect and IMHO have done their level best to keep any increases on the GENTLE side. Happy with that. Club's not a charity after all, and IMHO they're way more in tune with the fans than most clubs are.

Under the terms of the 2016/19 new domestic TV deal for the Premier League, every club could give each player an £11,000 a week pay rise AND reduce the price of every ticket sold by £25, and be no worse financially than before.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Under the terms of the 2016/19 new domestic TV deal for the Premier League, every club could give each player an £11,000 a week pay rise AND reduce the price of every ticket sold by £25, and be no worse financially than before.

Conversely TV audiences are now declining for live football, so future deals will also likely decline in value. With that in mind, every club needs to have a balanced and varied set of revenue streams. Season & matchday tickets + other matchday revenues will remain a big part of the business model. That's a long winded way of saying that a reduction in ticket cost is highly unlikely despite the huge TV revenues the clubs will get in the next few seasons.

Jan 30, 2008
simple opportunity cost - you choose how to spend your cash. St as been fantastic value the last couple of seasons and wouldn't have missed it for the world. The very occasional game i haven't been able to get to where i've seen it on tv instead has been horrible, spent the whole time wishing i was there.

£13 each to sit in a cinema, with the film constantly interrupted by others talking and eating, to fund the lifestyles of few overpaid actors and their agents when i can usually download the film for free and watch it from the comfort of my sofa isn't good value to me.
yeah, no one talks or eats at the Amex, # crash test dummies :wink:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here