Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - FA Cup

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't see the issue at all. West and east lower are the most logical stands with he best views essentially - along the sidelines.

I'd urge people to buy tickets to this & show support. It's a nothing to lose game and some of the fringe players will be nice to see. Maybe even a return from the start for Kayal & Rosenior?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Yes, it's logical to open the cheapest area's to run, if the gate is expected to be low.

Still think the club should be aiming to fill the stadium with fans that may not go to league games because of the cost.
I think £10 tickets would have sold more than £12 tickets any day of the week, with a chance to fill the ground to create a great atmosphere.
And surely for the players to be attacking a goal with fans behind it is far more atmospheric than attacking a goal with no one behind it?

Still slightly weird that the club doesn't think season ticket holders will take up their chance with tickets, as they will be given priority if there is a cup run with home ties involved, or an away one at somewhere special.

To my mind a decent cup run, with the money it brings in, even though nothing like Premiership money, would certainly help the current shortfall, and it shouldn't be treated like an inconvenience to what is shaping up to be a brilliant season!! :albion2:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Don't see the issue at all. West and east lower are the most logical stands with he best views essentially - along the sidelines.

I'd urge people to buy tickets to this & show support. It's a nothing to lose game and some of the fringe players will be nice to see. Maybe even a return from the start for Kayal & Rosenior?

This. No pressure game and excellent opportunity to watch the fringe players and any returns from injury.

With our losses released recently, would be nice if more people made the effort for this one.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think they should've opened up the North and West Stand Lower for this one, it would be far better for atmosphere and I reckon it would've been packed. It might've got some quiet East Standers to go in the North and realise that they are actually allowed to sing! That is said slightly tongue in cheek, but still, it could've got other fans from around the ground to try the North Stand and be within their own group of mates.

Now, it's just going to be like the Reading and Colchester games with not much atmosphere and people like me getting stared at for trying to get behind the team.

It's also evident that a lot of North Stand fans won't buy tickets now. Who knows how many that might be? 1,000? I wonder how many fans have to be in the North to make it financially viable.

If the West and East stands do sell out, it would seem more likely that they would open the South. So I'm going to be holding out for that and hope that other singers/North Standers do the same, and that we can get a good singing block going next to the away fans.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I will definitely be going to this as I did the Reading match (albeit on my own). But if I buy my ticket now I will be sitting on my own. If I wait till after New Year then my mates will have made up their minds whether to come or not and we can get tickets together.

Bit of a chicken and egg situation. There might be 5 of us or just me, absolutely no idea, but suspect approx crowd number, and therefore stands open, will not be known until the week of the match. Sorry PB I would really like to give the club and TB early notice of my support but it is not in my best interest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will get my ticket at the end of the week. Or might get it in person at the Cardiff game.

Can't be bothered with a will-it-won't-it-open wait for the North Stand.

974 tickets remaining. Will they open the North or Upper West?

I think it's been stated that if extra are needed it will be the south stand. Is E1G and E1H away fans? These are yellow as opposed to Green on the seat map?

If so, why would we open the less popular south stand with twice as long a walk to the station instead of the north.

Also, I'm not sure I trust all have been made available in the green areas on the seat map. W1A for example is one of the last blocks to sell out, yet is currently showing as zero availabilty, where as the more central W1C still has 200 seats available. Similar in the East.

I would wager than W1I, W1H, W1A, W1B E1A, E1B and E1F have not even been offered for sale yet.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This. No pressure game and excellent opportunity to watch the fringe players and any returns from injury.

With our losses released recently, would be nice if more people made the effort for this one.

Absolutely. If Tony Bloom is losing so much dosh, then it is our turn to do him a favour, and turn up for this. When the losses were announced. one of the points made was that there had not been a home cup game, and so this is the chance. Br great for the squad player's confidence, as well.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. If Tony Bloom is losing so much dosh, then it is our turn to do him a favour, and turn up for this. When the losses were announced. one of the points made was that there had not been a home cup game, and so this is the chance. Br great for the squad player's confidence, as well.
Totally agree we need to get behind all the players and it's a good chance for players to step up and we should fill the ground if we think we are club moving forward.thank you Tony

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
My friend and I have purchased seven tickets in W1G. The cheap tickets mean it's a good opportunity to take a few family members that are more casual fans but enjoy a day out at the footy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My friend and I have purchased seven tickets in W1G. The cheap tickets mean it's a good opportunity to take a few family members that are more casual fans but enjoy a day out at the footy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good for you and yours! Lets hope that thousands of others take advantage of what is a very reasonable price and help in our small way to reduce Tony Bloom's losses. And cheer on the fringe players as well. This will be their day and they deserve our support as much as the first team on the 27th and 30th.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I want to go and take the boy but if the park and ride isn't on not sure how to get us there and back.

If you look at the club website and then go to tickets then home matches, it says for the cup tie that no travel is included. I am not sure exactly what this means in practice, but assume that there is no P&R, but I could be wrong - they don't specifically state that either way. Given that the idea of the stadium was that people are encouraged to use public transport, then it really should be available, even if we have to pay a couple of quid. However you can park at Bridge Car Park, which is close and will cost you £12.00 if booked in advance.

As an aside, and assuming I don't come by train ,and there is no P&R, who knows where the closest legal, free and safe parking would be to the stadium - I don't mind walking, as I regularly walk from Mithras House.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here