Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
#BHAFC team v Birmingham: Stockdale (GK); Bruno, Goldson, Dunk, Rosenior; Skalak, Stephens, Sidwell, Kayal, LuaLua; Hemed. #BCFCvBHA

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
Not sure I am quite toys out of the pram at that line up. Wilson wasn't up to it Saturday, Baldock injured, and maybe Knocky got a knock. Pleased to see LuaLua back in the fold, he and Skalak could do a lot of damage. Lets get behind them and see how they do.

Agreed, this is a 'keep it tight early' line up Wilson and Knockeart later if needed is my guess

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpeg
Wilson already looking knackered in the warm up

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Excuse me if I just channel Perseus for a second:

Kaz likes to beat the fullback and put in a low cross - Beram and Sidwell breaking into the box can profit
Skalak likes a high cross - Hemed and Dale arriving to get on the end of them
And more cover in the middle to stop Brum breakaways.

Plus Knocky for flair, Murphy for direct running and Wilson for pace when Birmingham tire.

I like it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't think that's a bad line up to be honest. Still have pace on the wings so I'll call it 4-3-3 rather than put a negative spin on things:)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I like the look of the team to play a tight defensive game and nick a 1 - 0 win with options to be more attacking if we go behind.

see the older you get the wiser you get
my thoughts exactly

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I can't really buy into the suggestion that Hughton has lost the plot or doesn't know what he's doing because of... er... our league position. The massive turnaround in form from last season suggests that he has an inkling at how to manage a football club so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now entering the stage where we really need wins rather than draws for there to be any hope of the automatic places. I'm interested to see what a KLL/Skalak combo can offer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kaz likes to beat the fullback and put in a low cross - Beram and Sidwell breaking into the box can profit
Skalak likes a high cross - Hemed and Dale arriving to get on the end of them
And more cover in the middle to stop Brum breakaways.

Plus Knocky for flair, Murphy for direct running and Wilson for pace when Birmingham tire.

I like it.

Love to see an Albion win with Sidwell as MOM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here