Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
IF you pay the right money, THEN they will come. Is Rantie really that bad? Does he just need more game time / time to get used to the Championship? BTW we've struggled along with 2 fit strikers all season. Oh, and it took us 18 months to sign Ulloa.

Rantie is NOT a bad player at a ll... I mean, he plays for South Africa, it has always been a case of is the right player for us, as we are so focused on wing play... He is like, 4ft nothing in size, so is never going to get on the end of anything... When on the ball he looks ok, and looked sharp on Tuesday night, but he will take this season I reckon to adapt to English football, the pace, the work rate, and the physicality of it... He is not someone I would want to rely on keeping us in this league...

And your comment about 'if we pay the right money' is the key point... FFP means we can't compete with a lot of clubs...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Chas n Dave inspired

Grabban
Grabban
Grabban Grabban Grabban

Oh he won't stop scoring, He won't give you a rest.
We got Grabban from Bournemouth, Now we think he's the best.

Grabban Grabban Grabban Grabban

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Very little consolation for our AFCB friends I know but at least you have received a reasonable fee. On the FFP point, no clubs at our level can compete with the flouters.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A holy song for the Amex.

Lew Grabban might score
Lew Grabban

Lew Grabban might score
Lew Grabban

Lew Grabban might score
Lew Grabban

He'll score.
Lew Grabban

Jimmy Grimble

I'd imagine that sorting out the state of his facial hair, will be high on the agenda for today's negotiations.

Took the words out of my mouth. He either needs to grow it fully or get rid, because currently it is TINPOT.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Congratulations, a decent bit of business for you lot.

Had no idea he was such a money grabbing whore though.

Bloody good player and always came over as a decent bloke apart from the facial hair.

Rather glad that after his ten minutes on Tuesday he's cup tied though. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Congratulations, a decent bit of business for you lot.

Had no idea he was such a money grabbing whore though.

Bloody good player and always came over as a decent bloke apart from the facial hair.

Rather glad that after his ten minutes on Tuesday he's cup tied though. :lolol:

They are ALL* money grabbing whores, mate.

Sooner we all accept that, the less heartache we all have to suffer, when we lose a player we like.

*except Inigo Calderon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rantie is NOT a bad player at a ll... I mean, he plays for South Africa, it has always been a case of is the right player for us, as we are so focused on wing play... He is like, 4ft nothing in size, so is never going to get on the end of anything... When on the ball he looks ok, and looked sharp on Tuesday night, but he will take this season I reckon to adapt to English football, the pace, the work rate, and the physicality of it... He is not someone I would want to rely on keeping us in this league...

And your comment about 'if we pay the right money' is the key point... FFP means we can't compete with a lot of clubs...

Well, we'll see. You haven't lost Grabban yet, and IF he signs for us, then maybe you'll go for Joe Mason (the Cardiff player we are also interested in / won't be if we sign Grabban), or maybe Leon Clarke? It sounds like Rantie is more of a striker who plays off of a bigger striker, so you will need to replace Grabban IF he goes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Always good to SWOOP on smaller clubs, to pick up their talent.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Completing a deal for Grabban will cool Albion's interest in Cardiff's Joe Mason.

The £600,000-rated Mason has also been high on Albion's wish list of replacements for Ashley Barnes, who joined Burnley last week.

That would make sense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
ha ha ha

gary chapman ‏@garyafcb 10m
Piss off Lewis Grabban - you money grabbing beardy git.
#afcb better off without your mercenary kind!

FFS! He hasn't even left Bournemouth yet. What a complete twonk Gary Chapman is!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ha ha ha

gary chapman ‏@garyafcb 10m
Piss off Lewis Grabban - you money grabbing beardy git.
#afcb better off without your mercenary kind!

The guy who tweeted that has a beard himself. Is it acceptable to call someone a beardy git (& also a "mercenary beardy ****" in another tweet) if you are yourself a facial hairer?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very little consolation for our AFCB friends I know but at least you have received a reasonable fee. On the FFP point, no clubs at our level can compete with the flouters.

Ain't that the truth.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Wasn't sure about the guy when he played at the Alex recently, ignoring that shambles of a penalty, they created very little & he looked a bit isolated. Then again, apparently he normally plays at the front of a 4-5-1 formation so at least he should be able to work our system out. Maybe that's what Oscar sees in him, someone who's scored goals playing in the formation we play.

Me and my dad said how good he was at the time.

Best striker I've seen here since Wood for milwall / vydra for Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here